EIGHTEEN (18) delivery Performance Bikes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Michael Pearlma, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
    back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Tags:

2. Frank121

Frank121 Guest

This is beginning to feel like the genesis of Nightline:

"Day 18, Michael Pearlman Held Hostage"

"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
    > back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

3. No it sounds like: "Day 18, Michael can't get his s**t together and get things done. Holds the rest
    of us hostage to his inane drivel."

Michael: Get something done! Based what you've written these past two, very long weeks, it appears
    that you can't make a command decision about, say, disputing the charge with your credit card
    company, or asking for a trace on the 'missing shipment' and things like that. If you feel you
    have been wronged, DO SOMETHING! Sniveling here achieves nothing other than people wondering where
    your spine is.

"frank121" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This is beginning to feel like the genesis of Nightline:
    >
    > "Day 18, Michael Pearlman Held Hostage"
    >
    >
    > "Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our
    > > money back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

4. Jim Lane

Jim Lane Guest

Michael Pearlman wrote:

> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money

You have been advised several times to notify your bank card and have them take care of this.

Any words you do not understand?

jim

5. Edward Dike

Edward Dike Guest

"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money
    | back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Nope, I think everyone has observed your situation has stopped dealing with them. Now it's just a
    matter of time before they pull the plug...... Interesting that you appear to post from a
    government/ taxpayer funded computer to rant about your problems with a private business. Another
    slow day? ED3

6. Mikeyankee

Mikeyankee Guest

A substantial part of the problem may well be YOUR attitude. Try something constructive,
    for a change.

Call Performance on the 800 line and talk to somebody. Did they ship the order? To the right
    address? Can they trace it? Will they overnight-ship replacement merchandise to you since you didn't
    receive it?

Stop bothering the newsgroup about it.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

7. Nobody Cares

Nobody Cares Guest

[email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

Just as I responded in the *OTHER* newsgroup you are spamming with this s**t, yes, most of us are
    still dealing with "these people"!

And you're still a whiney wanker!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

>| Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance
    >
    >Interesting that you appear to post from a government/ taxpayer funded computer to rant about your
    >problems with a private business. Another slow day?

ROTFLMAO!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

>> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance
    >
    >Just as I responded in the *OTHER* newsgroup you are spamming with this s**t, yes, most of us are
    >still dealing with "these people"!

Could this be a competitor to Performance in the guise of a wronged consumer?

10. Tim McNamara

Tim McNamara Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Michael
    Pearlman) wrote:

Yes, actually. In fact I'll order from them just to keep them in business, so that we can have the
    dubious pleasure of reading your continued puerile whining.

You know, dude, stuff happens. Too bad it happened to you. Life's tough, suck it up and deal with it
    or stay in bed. Tantrumming like a toddler doesn't make it any easier. Grow up and set an example
    for your students.

In short, stop being a wanker. And who's "we?" Is that the royal we- or in your case, the royal wee?

11. Give it a rest, Pearlman!

May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris

Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

12. "Edward Dike, III" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > "Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our
    > | money back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?
    >
    > Nope, I think everyone has observed your situation has stopped dealing with
    them.
    > Now it's just a matter of time before they pull the plug...... Interesting that you appear to post
    > from a government/ taxpayer funded computer to rant about your problems with a private business.
    > Another slow day? ED3
    >
    From his address, he appears to be a student within the Grossmont Union School district, which is
    just east of San Diego, California. I couldn't find a 'Michael Pearlman' listed as faculty in any of
    the schools or the district office. So it seems like Mr. Pearlman is a student, has some excess time
    on his hands, doesn't have much experience with mail-order problems and the taxpayers of San Diego
    County are paying for his whining.

13. "Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Anybody still deal with these people?

Please don't post this here. It belongs in rec.bicycles.marketplace, not this group. Read the FAQ
    and follow the posting guideline there.

JT

--
    NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

14. Mgs

Mgs Guest

Does anybody other than me think this is a prank and this will turn out to be term paper for a high
    school student called

"Creating an Urban Legend on a newsgroup"

15. Mark Wolfe

Mark Wolfe Guest

Just saw the email address. There's like 10 give or take performance stores within 50 miles of you,
    and probably 2 or three within 10. What is it that is obviously backordered? Did you check a local
    store? There are quite a few bikes stores in san diego.

Mark

Michael Pearlman wrote:

--
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
    8C71 I don't understand how people can think SCSI is anything more quirky than a genius with
    peculiar dietary requirements in a world where the creators of Notes, and their new owners, are
    allowed to walk the streets without fearing for their very lives. - Graham Reed, asr

16. Jim Lane

Jim Lane Guest

Dave Thompson wrote:

> "Edward Dike, III" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>| Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our
    >>| money back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?
    >>
    >>Nope, I think everyone has observed your situation has stopped dealing with
    >
    > them.
    >
    >>Now it's just a matter of time before they pull the plug...... Interesting that you appear to post
    >>from a government/ taxpayer funded computer to rant about your problems with a private business.
    >>Another slow day? ED3
    >>
    >
    > From his address, he appears to be a student within the Grossmont Union School district, which is
    > just east of San Diego, California. I couldn't find a 'Michael Pearlman' listed as faculty in any
    > of the schools or the district office. So it seems like Mr. Pearlman is a student, has some excess
    > time on his hands, doesn't have much experience with mail-order problems and the taxpayers of San
    > Diego County are paying for his whining.
    >
    >

I've forwarded a copy of his last to the district. Probably turn out to be a janitor.

jim

17. Java Man

Java Man Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >
    I placed an order with them today just to spite you.

Rick

18. Tim McNamara

Tim McNamara Guest

In article <[email protected]>, "MGS" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anybody other than me think this is a prank and this will turn out to be term paper for a
    > high school student called
    >
    > "Creating an Urban Legend on a newsgroup"

subtitled "how I turned myself into a feckless idiot."

19. Ajames54

Ajames54 Guest

On Tue, 20 May 2003 03:28:05 GMT, Java Man (Espressopithecus) <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >> Today is 18 days we've been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our
    >> money back but have received no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?
    >>
    >I placed an order with them today just to spite you.
    >
    >Rick

OH Man! you fell for it! One of the oldest retail tricks in history is to get the customer to feel
    sympathy for the retailer!

<grin>

this is almost as funny as the guy with the Derri-air.

There is no way in hell they told him to "Just Wait"...

20. Michael Pearlman wrote:

> Today is 18 days we've

what's this 'we' jazz?

> been waiting for an order from Performance Bikes. We've asked for our money back but have received
    > no reply. Anybody still deal with these people?

Someone said recently that Mr. Pearlman's address does not resolve. Has anyone tried to look for:
    grossmont.k12.ca.us (in Google, perhaps)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.