EKG Test,Help

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Nikko9, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Nikko9

    Nikko9 Guest

    Hello. I had an EKG done and it showed Left Ventricular hypertrophy on it.My vent.rate was 65 bpm,PR
    interval 184 ms,QRS duration-100ms,QT/QTc
    380/395 ms and P-R-T axes was 59 75 61.It said Normal sinus rhythem but also said abnormal ECG.I
    went back for another ECG a couple days later and it was pretty much identical except it stated
    Moderate voltage criteria for LVH,may be normal variant and also stated borderline ECG. I am 32
    years old.I excerise every single day. Should I be concerned with this? Thanks

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello. I had an EKG done and it showed Left Ventricular hypertrophy on it.My vent.rate was 65
    > bpm,PR interval 184 ms,QRS duration-100ms,QT/QTc
    > 380/395 ms and P-R-T axes was 59 75 61.It said Normal sinus rhythem but also said abnormal ECG.I
    > went back for another ECG a couple days later and it was pretty much identical except it
    > stated Moderate voltage criteria for LVH,may be normal variant and also stated borderline ECG.
    > I am 32 years old.I excerise every single day. Should I be concerned with this?

    You should be evaluated by a cardiologist.

    > Thanks

    You are welcome :)

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  3. T Mac

    T Mac Guest

    Nikko,

    As Dr. Chung indicates below, you should see a cardiologist. Most likely they will follow up with an
    echocardiogram of your heart to further evaluate the hypetrophy. Until that time, you might take it
    easy on any intense exercise or exertion.

    Good luck and keep us posted.