el Tour de Tucson 07 - offer to split airfare cost

I am planning on travelling from NYC to Tucson AZ for the 2007 El Tour
de Tucson and have a buy-one-get-one-free plane ticket voucher. I am
hoping to use it for myself and someone else interested in splitting
airfare. NYC-TUS only!

No other catches here - its just a minimum $300/ticket, with one of
them being free (so $300/2 = probably just over $150/person?) and I
don't have anyone to split it with yet. It doesn't even have to be
someone riding El Tour; the departure and return flights have to match
though, so I figured only someone going for El Tour would want to
travel the same dates. Anyways, probably 11/14-11/19 but
negotiable.

Any help would be appreciated, so if you or someone you know is
considering riding el Tour... I promise its legitimate - please email
me (weibel.douglas at gmail.com) with questions or to discuss. It
will take some coordination, so be prepared to exchange some emails
over this.

Cheers!

[email protected] wrote:

> I am planning on travelling from NYC to Tucson AZ for the 2007 El Tour
> de Tucson and have a buy-one-get-one-free plane ticket voucher. I am
> hoping to use it for myself and someone else interested in splitting
> airfare. NYC-TUS only!
>
> No other catches here - its just a minimum $300/ticket, with one of
> them being free (so $300/2 = probably just over $150/person?) and I
> don't have anyone to split it with yet. It doesn't even have to be
> someone riding El Tour; the departure and return flights have to match
> though, so I figured only someone going for El Tour would want to
> travel the same dates. Anyways, probably 11/14-11/19 but
> negotiable.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, so if you or someone you know is
> considering riding el Tour... I promise its legitimate - please email
> me (weibel.douglas at gmail.com) with questions or to discuss. It
> will take some coordination, so be prepared to exchange some emails
> over this.
>
> Cheers!

Since you're going to Tucson, can you bring me back one of those Fruit
Loop birds?

Thanks,

Magilla

[email protected] wrote:
> I am planning on travelling from NYC to Tucson AZ for the 2007 El Tour
> de Tucson and have a buy-one-get-one-free plane ticket voucher. I am
> hoping to use it for myself and someone else interested in splitting
> airfare. NYC-TUS only!
>
> No other catches here - its just a minimum $300/ticket, with one of
> them being free (so $300/2 = probably just over $150/person?) and I
> don't have anyone to split it with yet. It doesn't even have to be
> someone riding El Tour; the departure and return flights have to match
> though, so I figured only someone going for El Tour would want to
> travel the same dates. Anyways, probably 11/14-11/19 but
> negotiable.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, so if you or someone you know is
> considering riding el Tour... I promise its legitimate - please email
> me (weibel.douglas at gmail.com) with questions or to discuss. It
> will take some coordination, so be prepared to exchange some emails
> over this.
>
> Cheers!

------------------
Can't help you on flying, because I'm
afraid to fly, and besides I only live
100 miles south of Tucson, and was a
former Tucson resident that has ridden
el Tour 7 times. No one can predict the
weather, but bring your winter gear just
in case. It usually warms up to the
70's but that's usually 40 miles into
it. I would guess the start temp from
anywhere from 38 to 50 degrees. I once
started at 32 degrees that was a cold
one. Since there is about 5000 people
at the start you have to stand there an
hour on the pavement, which really sucks
the heat out of you. What I did
eventually was put those chemical toe
warmers in my shoes, and put a couple in
my back pockets, under my coat. You can
dump them later. Unless you're planning
to race, then you might want to bring a
throw away sweatshirt, and ditch it
right before the gun goes off. Or those
$2 plastic raincoats work ok, and just
toss it before you start. Since this is
a ride from professionals, to weekend
warriors, they have to start very early,
because it takes so long for the tail
end to finish. I did bike patrol last
year, and I was out there for 10 hours
(sunrise to sunset). Once the sun sets,