Elbow Pain

klanda20

Oct 13, 2006
Hi All,

I'm very new to riding. I started about 3 months ago (yes, in the winter!). So I decided to get a trainer.

I love it and ride in my basement about 3 times a week, but after about 30-40 minutes my elbows start getting sore! Luckily on my trainer, I can simply sit up, but because this isn't a viable option while actually riding its somewhat concerning?

Is this just something that you must get used to or do I just have bad form?????

tendinitus? (spell check )

rather guessing, and giving wrong info.

I preferre outdoor riding? you are never stuck leaning in one particular spot, so it is best to keep your body in motion. a good rythm will stop that pain
try readjusting your posture?

your hadel bar may be to low, or high, to close or to far?

but again you need to just adjust a milameter and it will work just fine.

some may say in a mad tv scetch
" Don't do it'

Do your elbows have a slight bend to them or are they locked tight?

If they are locked try bending them just a little.

Be sure to relax your upper body, with your elbows slightly bent. Your arms shouldn't be taking all of the stress from your posture. If you have the same trouble outside consider buying a pair of padded gloves.

specify your trouble to a professional , as you see all are guessing an answer?

the Internet is not for believers or healers? it is for refrence and research,

never believe what onee writes unless it is certified:eek:

I think its mostly coming from me locking my arms. I guess I will just have to adjust to this.

Thanks for all your replies!

1963 said:
specify your trouble to a professional , as you see all are guessing an answer?

the Internet is not for believers or healers? it is for refrence and research,

never believe what onee writes unless it is certified:eek:
People don't come here to get frickin' certified advice from a fat professional that writes out pain medication for a living. They come to gain advice from other riders that most likely have had the same problem. Notice how he got his answer? And we don't need a bloody PHD to know what joint pain is.

so basicaly my 1st response was not to your liking and you rephrased it by adding gloves?

then why did you not direct your question or sarcastic remark my way?

adding gloves?
oh the second post, ah maybe work related, or something that is not of the bike. but who knows.. yeah you? LOL

how much $$ will the person spend, and then find out that he or she wasted their hard earned cash on something that did not need?

go ride it off, maybe you'l hit a new record than blowing steam the wrong way. sorry not 150 plus posts just a 17