Electra commute 2019 or original 2015 - which to get?

Zirus

Dec 3, 2019
Hey all :)

Looking for advice as its real tough to try and test these bikes out to know which i would want.

What im after is a bike thats VERY comfortable, upright position(straight back) and no pressure/weight on my wrists with a super low gear (Shimano Megarange type). I'd love a Schwinn Spoiler but i had to give in and accept 7ft in length is just too long for on a train hehe but I do love the chopper style and ride position.

The 2 bikes im currently thinking of are 2 versions of the Electra Townie, the Electra Commute 27d 2019 (new, expensive) and the Electra Original 21d (2nd hand, excellent condition, fraction of the price) but the big thing thats different is the position of the pedal/crank in relation to the seat. On the Original its a lot further away meaning a lower seat to the ground and it has straighter handlebars which i might swap out for some swept back bars and i think the bars might be higher too? very different ride feel to the Commute whos pedals are a lot closer to the seat stem and has swept back handlebars which seem lower?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electra Townie Commute 27d - Closer pedals to the seat stem + more swept back handlebars
----- Can't post pic even as an insert? :-s -----
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other bike:-

Electra Townie Original 21d - Pedals further from the seat stem meaning lower ride position i think and handlebars aren't swept back (may swap those for swept back bars)
----- Can't post pic even as an insert? :-s -----

Does anyone here have experience with either/both of these?

Any other recommendations that would fit the bill? I love the chopper style of the Schwinn Spoiler! hehe but need all the gears and can't do 7ft long.

thx for any help! :-D