Electra Jeremy for sale

zero wrote:
> http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/05bikes/str/05_str_32.html here's the
> link, it's only 2 weeks old, I realize this is a mountain bike forum but I
> thought I'd give it a try. I'm in Western MA, email is
> [email protected]. reason for sale is simple: work is slow, need money
> more than bike, (wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 2 horses, you understand). $500.
> any questions please write.
>
> thanks, Chadwick

1. Sell your stuff in the marketplace newsgroup, not here.

2. I'd keep the bike before I kept the horses. Send them out to
pasture or sell them for glue. The bike doesn't need to be fed.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"zero" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/05bikes/str/05_str_32.html here's the
> link, it's only 2 weeks old, I realize this is a mountain bike forum but I
> thought I'd give it a try. I'm in Western MA, email is
> [email protected]. reason for sale is simple: work is slow, need

money
> more than bike, (wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 2 horses, you understand). $500.
> any questions please write.

My neighbor just got one new for $450 including tax.

Sell the horses.

Greg

> 1. Sell your stuff in the marketplace newsgroup, not here.

ok

> 2. I'd keep the bike before I kept the horses. Send them out to pasture
> or sell them for glue. The bike doesn't need to be fed.

point taken, however, I married a former dairy farmer and although you can
take the farm girl off the farm, well, you know the rest...:)

zero the hero wrote:
> http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/05bikes/str/05_str_32.html here's the
> link, it's only 2 weeks old

Electra makes nice standard cruisers, but their circus-bike attempts
are pretty lame with the exception of the Rat Fink because Ed Roth was
so cool. Cantilever and camelback style frames will always be cool,
your bike is just another attempt at being cool.

> I realize this is a mountain bike forum but I thought I'd give it a try.

There's this thing called "Google" that works pretty good most of the
time. Try it and you might just find rec.bicycles.marketplace

> I'm in Western MA

That expains a lot.

> reason for sale is simple: work is slow, need money
> more than bike, (wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 2 horses, you understand). $500.
> any questions please write.

Horses, I certainly hope you don't ride them on wet multi use trails
and do pick up their **** when they dump on a trail.

JD

perhaps they are cheaper in your area? are you on the west coast? I think
we pay more due to shipping here on the east coast. Electra is in
California.

> Electra makes nice standard cruisers, but their circus-bike attempts
> are pretty lame with the exception of the Rat Fink because Ed Roth was
> so cool. Cantilever and camelback style frames will always be cool,
> your bike is just another attempt at being cool.

put the Jeremy and Rat Fink on top of one another by enlarging each one on
the web site and click back and forth, the frames are almost identical and I
liked the Jeremy bars better along with what appears to be a slightly
shorter wheelbase..

> There's this thing called "Google" that works pretty good most of the
> time. Try it and you might just find rec.bicycles.marketplace

found it, guidance and redirection appreciated, but save the attitude, I
meant no harm to any one.

> horses, I certainly hope you don't ride them on wet multi use trails
> and do pick up their **** when they dump on a trail.

they are yearlings and need another year to mature until they can support a
rider. I have plenty of private land of my own to ride on once they are
trained.

>> Electra makes nice standard cruisers, but their circus-bike attempts
>> are pretty lame with the exception of the Rat Fink your bike is just
>> another attempt at being cool.

just looked again and the steel Rat Fink shares the same frame with the
Jeremy by the looks of it.

zero wrote:
>>1. Sell your stuff in the marketplace newsgroup, not here.

> ok
>

>>2. I'd keep the bike before I kept the horses. Send them out to pasture
>>or sell them for glue. The bike doesn't need to be fed.

> point taken, however, I married a former dairy farmer and although you can
> take the farm girl off the farm, well, you know the rest...:)

So sell the horses and buy her a cow. At least it won't run through a
fence requiring expensive on-going vet bills, and end up useless
accompanied by having to deal with the emotional strain of much tearing
of hair and tears, it won't go lame nearly as easily, and you actually
get something useful, like milk, from it. You can also breed it and
actually sell the offspring for a profit which is quite unlike breeding
horses.
--
Westie
(Been there....)

she was doing just that when I met her in '91, but got a decent job and got
rid of the cows.

zero wrote:
> >> Electra makes nice standard cruisers, but their circus-bike attempts
> >> are pretty lame with the exception of the Rat Fink your bike is just
> >> another attempt at being cool.

> just looked again and the steel Rat Fink shares the same frame with the
> Jeremy by the looks of it.

You'd think I didn't know they were the same frame, but that's not the
case. I did state why the Rat Fink is cool and to reiterate that
point, it is because Ed "Big Daddy" Roth was cool. Maybe you can check
dictionary dot com for the definition of "tribute".

JD

if you think a bike is "cool" just because it represents a "tribute" to a
person that you think is "cool" then good for you. however, you did
acknowledge that one of the Ed Roth "tribute" bikes shares the same frame
with my so called "circus-bike". if that makes sense to you then good for
you. sarcasm and negativity only breed more of the same, hopefully as you
mature you will learn that the cycle is very unproductive and a complete
waste of time.

zero wrote:
> if you think a bike is "cool" just because it represents a "tribute" to a
> person that you think is "cool" then good for you. however, you did
> acknowledge that one of the Ed Roth "tribute" bikes shares the same frame
> with my so called "circus-bike". if that makes sense to you then good for
> you. sarcasm and negativity only breed more of the same, hopefully as you
> mature you will learn that the cycle is very unproductive and a complete
> waste of time.

Read this: http://www.schnauzers.ws/ambfaq.html

Oh and now that Bomba is back to posting, maybe he can update it? I'll
continue to host it if you want.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

zero wrote:
> if you think a bike is "cool" just because it represents a "tribute" to a
> person that you think is "cool" then good for you. however, you did
> acknowledge that one of the Ed Roth "tribute" bikes shares the same frame
> with my so called "circus-bike". if that makes sense to you then good for
> you. sarcasm and negativity only breed more of the same, hopefully as you
> mature you will learn that the cycle is very unproductive and a complete
> waste of time.

You're funny. Maybe you should leave the land-o-shoobies once in a
while.

JD