electric unicycle

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by viver, Jan 6, 2015.

1. viver

viver New Member

Recently there is a new and popular product, named electric unicycle, i see this product every where, small and convenient,like the picture.Do you know?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tags:

2. PennyS

PennyS Member

Okay, I must admit I had never heard of such a thing but I did look it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aDlWSvAm9w

Hmm. I mean it's cool and all but I do not see the niche. I think most people (here comes the cliche) fall into two types. Either they want to get exercise (walking or biking) or they want to not have to do any work (including maintaining you balance standing on a vehicle like that for extended periods).

I also think that it falls into the categpry of "making a spectavle of yourself". People would stare.

Finally it is crazy expensive given its limited size and utility.

So I would file thing under: yet another people moving concept that will remain a minor curiousity rather than the revolutionary urban blah blah whatever that the designers want it to be.

3. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Apparently there's a thing called a uni-ball that allows you to win 7 Tours de France.

4. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

Where is the funny video of people falling off electric unicycles?

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Due to the difficulty of riding a unicycle, it did not prosper here. Only acrobats and clowns are good riders of unicycles. What's getting popular is the motorbike, not the motorcycle. It is a bicycle that has an electric motor. What's good in it is the ability for recharging in ordinary electric socket. When you have no power, you can pedal your way and when there is power, you can let the motor take you on the road. It is being sold at $400 that goes with a warranty. Just a note, they are made in China.

6. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

They should nail prisoners feet to wooden pedals and make the ride a very narrow wooden bridge that's 25m above a river filled with hungry crocs on an electric powered unicycle. They should be made to wear special underwear with suitable placed electrodes that are connected via a remote operated switch to the main electric battery - just in case it looks like they'll make it across to freedom.

7. BikeBikeBikeBike

BikeBikeBikeBike Well-Known Member

That thing looks dangerous.
    Not to the user really, but to pedestrians who are walking near it. Sure it's got "safety features" that work well in a lab, I say take it out to NYC for a week and see what happens.

8. JSWin

JSWin Member

This looks really cool. I like it. I had a unicycle as a teenager. I was never able to actually ride it. The photos of people on the electric make it look effortless. It is similar to the Segway but they are extremely easy. It's two wheels and a small platform to stand on. The electric unicycle maybe that requires more balancing so you are getting some exercise perhaps. Segway you are just standing there leaning forward.

9. DrMantis

DrMantis New Member

I have a Segway too and my son has an InMotion V8 unicycle. We bought it last year and they're still in good shape now despite the regular use. Riding in electric unicycle may seem effortless but I actually find it hard at first. I'm not really good at balancing so maybe that's why I'm afraid to use unicycle at first. But hey, it's a good thing that the Segway has a self-balancing feature. Since trying it the first time, I never had fear falling off. My son doesn't let me try his InMotion V8 though hahaha! If you want to learn more about Segway, this article here has a very informative review that can surely help you decide if you're planning to get a unicycle.

10. futuresport

futuresport New Member

I picked electric unicycle a few months ago. It takes far less time to learn to ride it than you'd imagine. I was moving around well enough within about 48 hours. By the end of the first week I was moving around confidently. It's great, portable transportation. The app needs a bit of work, but it's great!

Also check more must to try cheap mini bikes !

11. Mikle John

Mikle John New Member

The electric unicycles are popular these days, but you must well aware of it and know how to ride because if you don't know that how to ride then it will be difficult for you. You may learn about the electric unicycle from the technomono and it comes with the guide about how to ride the unicycles.

12. Robert12

Robert12 New Member

That's true electric unicycles and similar products are really getting popular and a way to commute these days for a short distance. Specially for Kids and young ones. And have you guys checked out recently launched Drift W1 (kind of unicycle one for each leg).