Electrical Gadgets

J.Burns

Jul 12, 2004
Hello there,
I'm new to road cycling and have recently purchased a Giant OCR road bike. The reason I post this is to ask what are the best computers and lights to use for my bike. Wouldn't want to be spending over £30 for each though.
Thanks In advance!

Dumb question:

How do the computers tell what wheel it is using? You'd think there'd be some slight differences between, say a 26", 650cc, and 700cc wheel. Or is there a general setting on the speedos that should give a fairly accurate (speed/distance) reading regardless of wheel size?

I am using a VDO C10+ wireless, and am extremely satisfied.

It is more of a basic computer, but very reliable, no trouble with batteries (ok, have had it for about a year only), and has everything I need - speed, max speed, average speed, time, stopwatch, odometer, trip odometer.

Don't remember how much it cost, but nothing out of the ordinary.

keydates said:
Dumb question:

How do the computers tell what wheel it is using? You'd think there'd be some slight differences between, say a 26", 650cc, and 700cc wheel. Or is there a general setting on the speedos that should give a fairly accurate (speed/distance) reading regardless of wheel size?

You have to tell it, usually there is a chart in the instructions with different wheel sizes, or if you want to get really exact measure your wheels and input the value.