electrolytes

tomUK

Oct 20, 2003
For one reason and another I don't like to consume any sports drinks with Aspartame in. Does anyone know of any sport drinks that do not contain this sweetner?

Assuming there is no drink readily available then where can I buy the electrolytes in the quantities I need them? My hope is that I can get them in powered form and add them to the drink of my choice such as Purdeys.

Many thanks.
Tom.

Originally posted by tomUK
For one reason and another I don't like to consume any sports drinks with Aspartame in. Does anyone know of any sport drinks that do not contain this sweetner?

Assuming there is no drink readily available then where can I buy the electrolytes in the quantities I need them? My hope is that I can get them in powered form and add them to the drink of my choice such as Purdeys.

Many thanks.
Tom.

scienceinsport (www.scienceinsport.com) used to sell the electrolytes in (presumably) powdered form. not sure whether they still do???

ric

Originally posted by tomUK

Many thanks.
Tom.

Gatorade drink and powder is widely available here in the US at fairly low cost. It contains plain old dextrose, sucrose, citric acid and electrolytes...no Aspartame. Perhaps it isn't sold in the UK.

Dan

Also there is a powdered drink by the name of "Electrolyte Stamina" that is high in vitamins and antioxidants. The name of the company is Trace Minerals and the best part no aspartame.