electronic body toners

webbhost

Oct 17, 2006
Just wondering.. has anyone tried using electronic toners on their legs to aid in cycling? (the little patches you stick to you that keep electricuting ya lol).

I am fully aware that they wont make me "stronger" as such, but what benefits would there be of doing this? I am also aware that i should not use this "Instead" of biking. I would bike just as much, just slap them on when i have some spare time on my hands..

If you have tried, let me know what your opinions are.

i use a compex regularily. i am a racer and i baught the compex for the Active Recovery feature. that particular program works very well for me. i trained last year without the compex and would have to take a day off after a particular kind of training. with the active recovery, i can sustain multiple, "hard" training days without going into the red. i will use the Endurance program once a week. it will never replace training. i havnt noticed any improvements specifically because of the Endurance program, but i keep it in my program (maybe to help me cope with the cost!). like any other training method, it has to have purpose. nothing replaces old-fashioned training

Interesting.. 2 forums. 1 ripped them to shreads and 1 says they have a purpose (im guessing the main good feature you are finding is this recovery program, which enables you to do long hard cycles every day without going OTT and having a burnout?

are you talking about stim? I thought they were used mostly to relax muscles while recovering from injuries. At least thats what we use them for.

Plus we use them for placebo effect for the younger guys who are pretending to be injured.

I was referring to the toners that are used to tone the ab's. Is this compex thing something totally different? Never know, it could help out when i come to do my 4 day 100 milers..?