electronic Dura Ace Di2

cwdzoot said:
If friction shifting was level 1 and down tube index shifting level 2, STI, Ergo, Double tap cable shifting level 3 then Electronic shifting level 4. Along the way each step making small improvements to the way we ride because of the control we have over shifting and braking.

Double tap is a step backwards, i've used it and don't agree it is on the same level as STI/ergo ;)

Electronic shifting is to STI, Ergo and SRAM as Index shifting is to friction shifting.

Regular DA. Have no doubt that Di2 works, but I don't want to rely on a rechargeable battery to shift my gears. Just another thing to manage and worry about on events or week-long tours, and then pay for an expensive replacement in a few years when it no longer holds a full charge. Also, not sold on the reliability of any electronic system in the real world. Everything on a bike takes a pretty good beating from vibration and moisture. I'm confident it's been tested, but what about after a few years of exposure?

Farmguy said:
If Di2 was the same price as the regular DA group, which would you buy?

Between the two, at identical price points, I am not entirely sure, but I would lean towards the mechanical group, even though for pure bling value, Di2 is hard to beat :D

What's everyone's take on electronic Campy? It looks to be a matter of "when" it'll be released for retail, not "if". But unless you're one of the pros testing the electro-mechanical Super Record groups, it's still beyond our reach at the moment. But I'm curious to know the opinion of the forum on Campy joining the fray. Although Di2 works superbly and is proving to be reliable so far, it was considered "unecessary" and not a step forward. But now Campy (Sram is working on theirs too rumour has it) is following in Di2's footsteps, what's the prevailing thoughts of the Campy lovin', Di2 bashin' crowd? What's Campy introducing with their electronic group that makes it more worthwhile?