Elliptical or Treadmill?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Crispee, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Crispee

    Crispee Guest

    So we moved out to BFE. We are total gym rats, and there is no decent
    gym around here anywhere. We are getting some free weights for the
    house, and we can also afford one machine (money and spacewise).
    Whaddaya think---eliptical or treadmill? (Goals: cardio, burn
    calories, overall hard workout.) We're in pretty decent shape now, as
    we both regularly weight train, so we need a machine that is somewhat
    challenging. Thanks.

    Crispee

    Tags:

  2. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Crispee wrote:
    > So we moved out to BFE. We are total gym rats, and there is no decent
    > gym around here anywhere. We are getting some free weights for the
    > house, and we can also afford one machine (money and spacewise).
    > Whaddaya think---eliptical or treadmill? (Goals: cardio, burn
    > calories, overall hard workout.) We're in pretty decent shape now, as
    > we both regularly weight train, so we need a machine that is somewhat
    > challenging. Thanks.
    >
    > Crispee

    Which machine are you more likely to use? It doesn't matter if it gives
    you a 'better' workout if you use it less frequently than the machine
    that gives the somewhat poorer workout. A TV in front of an eliptical
    and you're good to go. A treadmill, well, you might as well save a lot
    of money and go walking with your partner (my daily limp around the park
    with my wife and our old dog is one of the highlights of my day).

    Cheers,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  3. "Crispee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > So we moved out to BFE. We are total gym rats, and there is no decent
    > gym around here anywhere. We are getting some free weights for the
    > house, and we can also afford one machine (money and spacewise).
    > Whaddaya think---eliptical or treadmill? (Goals: cardio, burn
    > calories, overall hard workout.) We're in pretty decent shape now, as
    > we both regularly weight train, so we need a machine that is somewhat
    > challenging. Thanks.
    >
    > Crispee

    I like the Elliptical better myself, since I walk a lot, it's a "different"
    exercise for me. I think it's totally a matter of personal taste though.
    Will~