Elliptical Trainer - Proform c830 +++

gravy

Jan 3, 2004
If anyone is in the market for a sub $1000 Elliptical Trainer you might take a look at the Proform c830. This model is offered at Sam's Club for $499. In general, I think many people have a negative attidude regarding ANY Proform equipment but if you can't cough up the $1500-$2500 for a high-end piece, this is a very good option especially if it's just you and one other person using it. Obviously this is not for heavy Gym use. I have used it for several months every day and am very happy with it.

I would recommend the optional 3-year Sam's extended warranty. The model has a 90-day warranty and if you use a Sam's Plus card you automatically get an additional 12-month extended warranty. Add another 3-year option for $50 and you end up with 4 year's and 90 days!! Sam's covers all parts/labor and gives your cash back with a no lemon guarantee for 4 years!! I figure if it breaks completely in 4.5 years I've got my moneys worth...

Originally posted by gravy
If anyone is in the market for a sub $1000 Elliptical Trainer you might take a look at the Proform c830. This model is offered at Sam's Club for $499. In general, I think many people have a negative attidude regarding ANY Proform equipment but if you can't cough up the $1500-$2500 for a high-end piece, this is a very good option especially if it's just you and one other person using it. Obviously this is not for heavy Gym use. I have used it for several months every day and am very happy with it.

I would recommend the optional 3-year Sam's extended warranty. The model has a 90-day warranty and if you use a Sam's Plus card you automatically get an additional 12-month extended warranty. Add another 3-year option for $50 and you end up with 4 year's and 90 days!! Sam's covers all parts/labor and gives your cash back with a no lemon guarantee for 4 years!! I figure if it breaks completely in 4.5 years I've got my moneys worth...

Originally posted by gravy

Does this machine give you any upper body benefits?