Ellsworth Bikes?

ThrillPhene

Jun 23, 2007
I'm eventually getting a new bike and was wondering if anyone knew anything about Ellsworth mountain bikes? I've only looked at them online but they seem pretty decent and reasonably priced. Anyone got any word on them? Thanks...

I've got an '06 Truth geared with '05 XTR group and FSA accoutrements. I love the bike, it's plenty light, and is absolutely beautiful. I should state from the outset that I"m not a serious rider, but I hope to offer a bit of insight in spite of this. My feeling, and I may very well be wrong, is that the technology in terms of the Truth's frame material might have already jumped the shark, as it were, as regards elite MTB frames. I would further expound upon what I've said by saying that the one-pound difference* between a Truth and a Scott Spark is (for me) negligible and that there is enough intrinsic goodness built into the bike in spite of that "limitation" that this bike should be relevant and viable for the rest of my life. Might want to tap the opinion of a more serious rider to weigh in on the relative merits of the Ellsworth vis a vis other bikes.

*(scott= 4.45 lbs. ellsworth 5.6 lbs [18" frame comparison])