Ellsworth Joker?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruce Edge, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Edge

Bruce Edge Guest

I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
    have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
    been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
    pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the crap
    out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something
    that doesn't break.

TIA, Bruce

Tags:

2. ..::Tbf::..

..::Tbf::.. Guest

--
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
    > have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
    > been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
    > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the crap
    > out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something
    > that doesn't break.
    >
    > TIA, Bruce

I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty sweet ride. Ellsworth makes some
    good machines. It was very solid and good on moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I found that
    it didn't bob all that much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.

Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound like that's what your
    after anyway.

3. Zilla

Zilla Guest

Damn, JD's right. It IS a CrackNFail Jekyll!

--
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

"bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
    > have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
    > been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
    > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the crap
    > out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something
    > that doesn't break.
    >
    > TIA, Bruce

4. x

x Guest

RE/
    >Anyone out there have any insight into Joker frames?

I've been riding an Isis for about two years now (actually two Isis's... because the first
    one broke).

I like the bike a lot. Rides like it's on rails.

But I wouldn't get one from anybody except somebody that would go to bat for you in case of a
    warranty situation. I went through dealing direct with Ellsworth and it was not a happy experience.
    Found out later that SpeedGoat (where I got the frame) would have done the whole thing for me...my
    mistake...
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

5. Jd

Jd Guest

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > --
    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
    > > have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
    > > been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
    > > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the
    > > crap out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want
    > > something that doesn't break.
    > >
    > > TIA, Bruce
    >
    > I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty sweet ride. Ellsworth makes some
    > good machines. It was very solid and good on moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I found that
    > it didn't bob all that much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.

You know nothing, yet put on airs that you do. How pathetic.

> Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound like that's what your
    > after anyway.

Efficiency is for corporate puppet lameos, all others just ride.

JD

6. ..::Tbf::..

..::Tbf::.. Guest

--
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]ws01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
    > > --
    > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...
    > > > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and
    failing
    > > > Jekyll. Anyone out there have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the
    > > > Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500
    > > > clams and stick with a
    single
    > > > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the
    > > > crap out of
    with
    > > > the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something that
    > > > doesn't break.
    > > >
    > > > TIA, Bruce
    > >
    > > I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty sweet ride. Ellsworth makes
    > > some good machines. It was very solid and good on moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I
    > > found that it didn't bob all
    that
    > > much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.
    >
    > You know nothing, yet put on airs that you do. How pathetic.
    >
    > > Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound
    > > that's what your after anyway.
    >
    > Efficiency is for corporate puppet lameos, all others just ride.
    >
    > JD

Whatever hippie, go sniff another paint can

7. Simon

Simon Guest

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    |
    |
    | --
    | http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:<[email protected]>...
    | > > --
    | > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > > news:p[email protected]...
    | > > > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and
    | failing
    | > > > Jekyll. Anyone out there have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than
    | > > > the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the
    | > > > $500 clams and stick with a
    | single
    | > > > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the
    | > > > crap out
    of
    | with
    | > > > the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something that
    | > > > doesn't break.
    | > > >
    | > > > TIA, Bruce
    | > >
    | > > I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty
    sweet
    | > > ride. Ellsworth makes some good machines. It was very solid and good
    on
    | > > moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I found that it didn't bob
    all
    | that
    | > > much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.
    | >
    | > You know nothing, yet put on airs that you do. How pathetic.
    | >
    | > > Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound
    | > > that's what your after anyway.
    | >
    | > Efficiency is for corporate puppet lameos, all others just ride.
    | >
    | > JD
    |
    | Whatever hippie, go sniff another paint can
    |
    lol, I draw your attention back to "is paint thinner any good"

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.