Ellsworth Joker?

Bruce Edge

Guest
I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the ****
out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something
that doesn't break.

TIA, Bruce

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
> have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
> been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
> pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the ****
> out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something
> that doesn't break.
>
> TIA, Bruce

I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty sweet ride. Ellsworth makes some
good machines. It was very solid and good on moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I found that
it didn't bob all that much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.

Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound like that's what your
after anyway.

Damn, JD's right. It IS a CrackNFail Jekyll!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

"bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
> have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
> been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
> pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the ****
> out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something
> that doesn't break.
>
> TIA, Bruce

RE/
>Anyone out there have any insight into Joker frames?

I've been riding an Isis for about two years now (actually two Isis's... because the first
one broke).

I like the bike a lot. Rides like it's on rails.

But I wouldn't get one from anybody except somebody that would go to bat for you in case of a
warranty situation. I went through dealing direct with Ellsworth and it was not a happy experience.
Found out later that SpeedGoat (where I got the frame) would have done the whole thing for me...my
mistake...
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> --
> http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and failing Jekyll. Anyone out there
> > have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've
> > been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500 clams and stick with a single
> > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the
> > **** out of with the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want
> > something that doesn't break.
> >
> > TIA, Bruce
>
> I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty sweet ride. Ellsworth makes some
> good machines. It was very solid and good on moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I found that
> it didn't bob all that much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.

You know nothing, yet put on airs that you do. How pathetic.

> Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound like that's what your
> after anyway.

Efficiency is for corporate puppet lameos, all others just ride.

JD

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > --
> > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:p[email protected]...
> > > I'm still scrounging for a new frame to replace my cracking and
failing
> > > Jekyll. Anyone out there have any insight into Joker frames? They seam a bit cheaper than the
> > > Id/RFX/la bruja ones I've been drooling over. I've sorta resigned myself to save the $500
> > > clams and stick with a
single
> > > pivot. Is a 4-bar really worth it? I'm looking for a hard use trail bike that I can beat the
> > > **** out of
with
> > > the occasional drops and DH runs. I don't care about weight, I just want something that
> > > doesn't break.
> > >
> > > TIA, Bruce
> >
> > I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty sweet ride. Ellsworth makes
> > some good machines. It was very solid and good on moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I
> > found that it didn't bob all
that
> > much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.
>
> You know nothing, yet put on airs that you do. How pathetic.
>
> > Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound
like
> > that's what your after anyway.
>
> Efficiency is for corporate puppet lameos, all others just ride.
>
> JD

Whatever hippie, go sniff another paint can

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| --
| http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:<[email protected]>...
| > > --
| > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bruce edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > > news:p[email protected]...
| failing
| single
of
| with

| > > I had one about a year ago on loan from a friend. It was a pretty
sweet
| > > ride. Ellsworth makes some good machines. It was very solid and good
on
| > > moderate climbs. Downhills were a blast. I found that it didn't bob
all
| that
| > > much either. Makes a good trailbike/freeride rig.
| >
| > You know nothing, yet put on airs that you do. How pathetic.
| >
| > > Not as efficient as a XC or Singlespeed though, but it doesn't sound
| like
| > > that's what your after anyway.
| >
| > Efficiency is for corporate puppet lameos, all others just ride.
| >
| > JD
|
| Whatever hippie, go sniff another paint can

lol, I draw your attention back to "is paint thinner any good"

Simon