Embarrassing Question

Shaving caused me to itch upon growing back, but trimming with a beard type trimmer has all the benefits, but not the itch.

If you keep after it, it shouldn't itch that much. Just like shaving your face really...if you let it get long it starts to itch if you are not used to it

KenSky said:
But I will say that during the ride, I felt more constricted. I think it was from the elastic in the underwear and the elastic in the shorts.
Bib shorts don't have the elastic around the waist, so if the double elastic (underwear+shorts) bothers you, go for a pair of bibs and the underwear.

Just fill up a jacuzzi with nice warm water, hop in with your significant other and shave each other. Open a bottle of wine and enjoy.

9202 said:
Just fill up a jacuzzi with nice warm water, hop in with your significant other and shave each other. Open a bottle of wine and enjoy.
good idea, but i don't know about all the floaties going around as you relax in the tub :eek:

cheapie said:
i don't recall any specs detailing a hair-pokethrough-resistant fabric though. :D
:D

I'm surprised nobodys mentioned it, WAX:D , keeps regrowth to a minimum. And no I havent tried it but friends that operate Beauty Parlours that have had that request from cyclists:eek: . Those requests have been declined but they're happy to do legs which is more the norm. Apparently it hepls in the healing after a crash.

rdr0912 said:
What's wrong with just shaving too? I thought it was a crazy thing at first and then I tried it---not too bad. I think it's a little cooler too.
Give it a try....worst case, let it grow back
When i started riding i to was a little conscious of the tight licra, the package the wire brush pubes.hey but after sever saddle sores from scants, and then again when i tried shaving the pubes besides the itch when they grew back.

Its cycling shorts for me, who cares what non-cyclists, think.

If it really bugs you wear a long cycling shirt.

It dosn't bug the fedex team below:eek:

Lesq said:
I'm surprised nobodys mentioned it, WAX:D
Lesq: are you a male or female? As a guy, I can't imagine waxing my boys or anywhere around them! Shaving suits me just fine, thank you.
I can see POSSIBLY waxing the legs, but I don't even shave them, so I'm not going to really talk about that at all

rdr0912 said:
As a guy, I can't imagine waxing my boys
I always thought it would be funny to walk into a beauty parlor with a sign that says "Waxing", and ask, "Do you do balls"?

Not that I would want it, just thought it would be funny.

KenSky said:
Thanks for the quick replies. I got them at http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/. They are the "MEN's Pro Bike Shorts. I got them because I am just starting out and didn't want to drop $100 on a pair of bike shorts. They were $30.00. So what is a good price to pay for a pair of shorts?

Do most guy cyclists shave down there to keep this from happening?
I thought the same thing about getting cheapies to start with, but trust me, drop 100 to 120 on a decent pair and you will be very, very happy you did. Try some shammy butter as well.:D

HowardSteele said:
When i started riding i to was a little conscious of the tight licra, the package the wire brush pubes.hey but after sever saddle sores from scants, and then again when i tried shaving the pubes besides the itch when they grew back.

Its cycling shorts for me, who cares what non-cyclists, think.

If it really bugs you wear a long cycling shirt.

It dosn't bug the fedex team below:eek:

For god sakes, at least they could have all hung their weiners in the same direction.

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I think I will just live with it, I have had body parts waxed before, but I draw the line at that and shaving would be too itchy and hard to explain to the wife. Like I said before it isn't that noticable after I am done riding. Although, I have discovered the more expensive shorts are better. The Specialized shorts do feel a lot better and are more comfortable on longer rides. I think for my next pair I will try some bibs. I don't really care for the elastic around the waist. It doesn't bother me when I am riding, but it is annoying when I am driving the car to the bike trail. I am not a fat guy, but I am not skinny, either.

melslur said:
I always thought it would be funny to walk into a beauty parlor with a sign that says "Waxing", and ask, "Do you do balls"?

Not that I would want it, just thought it would be funny.
Here in Melbourne you can get a "crack, back and sack". Quite common actually.