Embarrassing Situation on Bike

SpencerF

Jul 24, 2014
What is the most embarrassing situation you have been in or witnessed on your bike?

A good 400 pound man who underwent a sex change riding a bike in spandex as a female. I swear to god I saw this and I knew people who lived around here long enough to have known this person who use to be a professional local wrestler.

Reactions: fixednewbie
I think my most embarrassing situation was coming up on from behind a group of 4 women with a number of small children walking on our "safety path" (bikes ARE allowed), veering off slowly going around them on the grass, and realizing that the current song blaring out of my Bluetooth speaker was Kill the DJ by Green Day, right at the chorus , of course: Someone kill the DJ, shoot the ****ing DJ Someone kill the DJ, just shoot the ****ing DJ Someone kill the DJ, shoot the ****ing DJ Hold him under water till the motherfucker drowns

For me, it happened this spring on my annual week-long tour, when on day 2, my shorts developed a "run". In back. Right at the top of the crack. Thankfully, I have a couple of friends who were kind enough to warn me so that I was able to keep from mooning too many people. Maybe I'll have to spend more than $30/pair on padded spandex shorts...

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

I think my most embarrassing situation was coming up on from behind a group of 4 women with a number of small children walking on our "safety path" (bikes ARE allowed), veering off slowly going around them on the grass, and realizing that the current song blaring out of my Bluetooth speaker was Kill the DJ by Green Day, right at the chorus , of course:

Someone kill the DJ, shoot the ****ing DJ
Someone kill the DJ, just shoot the ****ing DJ
Someone kill the DJ, shoot the ****ing DJ
Hold him under water till the motherfucker drowns
Haha I wished I was there to see their reactions to you mate

Originally Posted by jpr95
For me, it happened this spring on my annual week-long tour, when on day 2, my shorts developed a "run". In back. Right at the top of the crack. Thankfully, I have a couple of friends who were kind enough to warn me so that I was able to keep from mooning too many people. Maybe I'll have to spend more than $30/pair on padded spandex shorts...
haha - well, I think we've all been there, but often don't notice, so it's never too embarassing.

For me, the most embarrassing situation I've had was once when I was out on a solo ride and I see a fellow cyclist on the side of the road messing with his rear tire. I stop to see if he needs help, and he says he just has a slow leak and is on his way home anyway, so he is good to go. I made the rookie mistake of only unclipping one cleat, and a further rookie mistake of picking the bike up underneath me and swinging it around instead of rolling it and turning the front wheel in order to get back pointed in the direction I need to be going. This of course all played out while my unclipped foot was planted, not so firmly, on a pine needle covered patch of ground. Might as well have been standing on oil-covered ice at this point. My foot slipped and before I realized what had happened, my butt was on the ground with my other foot still clipped in. All this happened right in front of the fellow cyclist I had stopped to help! Haha! He was cool though and didn't laugh. He asked if I was ok and I replied, "nothing hurt but my pride!"

Most embarrassing would be when I fell down during one of our bike trips with my dad and my friends. We were trying to outrace each other and because of this I did not see that there was a small chip/hole on the road and the wheel of my bike fell right on target and I fell. I got some wound in my elbows but it was minor and I was okay. It was embarrassing because there were a few people who saw it.

While riding, I sometimes pick up the pace randomly to stimulate the pace of a soccer match. This is because I bike to condition myself for the sport. One time, I went too fast and ended up ripping my shorts. It was during the summer and it was extremely hot, so it did feel good. I ended up cutting my workout short and tried not to rip my shorts even more.

I was riding home like I usually do, not too fast but not too slow either. All of a sudden I see a cute girl riding behind me. I decided to speed up to "impress" her. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't see a small hole in the road and ended up falling down form my bike. I just got some wounds on my elbows but she saw everything and it was so embarrassing.

I had been tuning on a bike I haven't ridden in awhile, and at the time I was working with a crew on a warehouse which had been hit by wiring thieves. In testng, I went to the deep, dark ssction of the warehouse, did some things, and come back out to the light. Thinking, I had no witnesses, I made half of an attempt at a swinging stoppie (and you know where this is going...) My tire on the warehouse floor was slick, so I did more of a spinout with a layover. The job-runner was my one witness...

I rode behind someones buttcrack for quite a bit once. I was also behind a woman in white shorts who should not have been wearing those at that time of her month. Nothing better (or worse for me) than those two.

Huh.. My most embarrassing story is when I was about to get on the bike lane, just needed to drive a little on one side and cross the street. Well I crossed one street and one of my earphones got out of my ear, so I was trying to get it back in and started holding the wheel with only one hand. But of course the few metres in front of me was sand, so as I am being happy, cycling slow I get on that sand.. Of course the wheel starts to turn everywhere and I fall down.. Of course there are like 50 people around me and everyone saw a guy cycling a bike very slow and falling from nowhere, probably assumed I was cycling for the first time or something..

Once I got caught in an all out downpour right after a thunderstorm, which I thought had just passed, but aparently had not. I happened to be wearing a light weight skirt, cream colored with lavender flowers. I was absolutely drenched in about 1 block, and my skirt looked rather see-through when wet, even though it was totally modest when dry. I had a 2 mile ride home and the whole rest of the way I felt like everyone was staring. I'm sure they weren't but I felt so embarassed by that.

My most embarrassing episode wasn't on the bike, it was whilst I was off the bike taking a call of nature.

We were on tour in Sweden, a country known for its liberal approach to nudity. There were no trees or anything like that around, but there were bushes, so after my husband had taken his call of nature with me watching the road for him, and holding both bikes, it was his turn to keep a look out and hold both bikes... off I go into the bushy grass and find the tallest bush I could. I'm given the all clear by my husband, so in one move pull down my shorts and squat down to bush level, knowing that once I'm down I won't be seen. As I am reversing this manoeuvre, to leave the bush, by husband calls out that there is a vehicle. Well it's too late to stop, so I have to complete standing up and pulling my shorts on in one move only for the vehicle to run off the road because the driver is too busy watching me in his rear view mirror... :eek:

One fun crash in a race once left me with half my bare ass hanging out of my shredded shorts. If it wasn't for the real chamois insert (this was before the days of lightweight synthetic diaper pads they have in shorts now ) I'd bet that the family jewels would have been on display too...

Well biking one day during one of my long trips for training, I didn't notice that my right shoe was untied during the ride so going down the pavement with a ton of riders behind me in the distance, I was going fine until my show laces began tangling on the pedals. It got to the point where I couldn't back pedal in order to untie them so I pretty much slowed down to my fall in which it wasn't a very hard fall since I positioned myself to fall on the grass, but it was mad embarassing seeing all these girls and people flying past me while I was helpless on the ground LOL! Fun times.

This is more shocking than embarrassing. I saw this you guy getting ready to cross the street. He reached down to pick up a paper bag that had something in it. It was all like slow motion. Very suddenly a car was near and there were other people around, maybe across the street. It was sketchy cause it seemed like something important was in this bag to all of these other people at once. The guy was bending down off the curb picking up that bag and out of no where a car clipped him. Knocked him over and then proceeded to run him over. Killed him.
It was kind of the end of my ride because I felt obligated to stay there if anyone needed a witness. All of these people around were scrambling. The only thing that they were concerned with was that damn bag. The car pulled forward a bit while the guy laid there. One person threw the bag in the back seat of that car. They took off, hit and run. All the people quickly disappeared. Everyone around left this guy like this.
Watching, I called 911 and waited. A few new people walked up and got this guy on the side walk. Not that long after an ambulance came. I'm thinking there may have been drugs in that bag.

I had seen a group of your ladies staring at a guy on his bike. I was wondering what were they looking at as the guy riding looked so embarrassed. I finally realized that the guy's tight shorts is causing these girls to ogle at his you know. It looks quite obvious.

Most embarrassing moment..was making a left turn at a major intersection. As I turned my front tire hit an oil slick and being clip less I went down HARD. I laughed and stuck my fist into the air. Cars stated 'positive' honking (they were smiling and laughing) and pedestrians applauding as I took a bow in all four directions.

Then I mounted my bike and road away. At the next traffic light someone who was a cyclist and had obviously witnessed the debacle leaned out their car window and said, "Well played, rookie." Now THAT hurt. lol