Embrocation that doesn't stink

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by meandmybike, Feb 14, 2005.

1. meandmybike

meandmybike New Member

Hi all,

Just getting back into riding regularly after a few years off the bike. I'm riding the turbo several mornings a week before work. It's in the garage and it's very very cold when I start off (two thick sweat shirts and a woolly hat till the sweat starts flowing!).

Can anyone recommend an embrocation (to warm my leg muscles and joints) that won't leave the bathroom smelling like a sports centre?

Thanks.
    :confused:

Tags:

2. matteo moller

matteo moller New Member

never been in a sports centre myself so i'm not sure if it smells like one but i use quoleum. vegan and organic, it works well for me. expensive though, why not wear leg warmers at first?

3. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

I use tigerbalm on my knees... I've had knee surgery on my right side; warming balms definately make things easier for me. Tigerbalm isnt too blantantly "medicinish" smelling and goes away after about an hour or two. Gets really hot aswell. You might want to look into some of the stuff for weight lifting that gets hotter the more you sweat.

Check this stuff out from Iron Mind: http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1267

I've considered buying some of this but havent finished off my little jar, and i do mean little (smaller than a golf ball). A little of the tigerbalm goes a long way. I'd give the tigerbalm a try, you can get it at walgreens.

4. meandmybike

meandmybike New Member

Many thanks for the advice - I'll give it a try.

5. allezkmiec

allezkmiec New Member

Best stuff I've used is Badger Balm's sore muscle rub. It's all natural and 100% organic, and I know the folks who make it. EMS and other such stores sometimes carry it, or look for it online.