Embroidered Saddles Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipher

New Member
Sep 7, 2002
What has been your experience with any of those embroidered 'no-slip' saddles? I've never used one, and was curious to know if the embroidery actually accelerated the wear of your cycling shorts?

Chris Zacho "Th

Guest
Actually, you want to "slip" on your saddle. If your legs are sliding, they aren't chaffing.

If your Butt is sliding out of place, it's usually caused by something not being adjusted properly
(to your anatomy), not because the saddle isn't embroidered.

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Cipher

New Member
Sep 7, 2002
Originally posted by Chris Zacho "Th
Actually, you want to "slip" on your saddle. If your legs are sliding, they aren't chaffing.

If your Butt is sliding out of place, it's usually caused by something not being adjusted properly
(to your anatomy), not because the saddle isn't embroidered.

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Hi Chris, my rear sliding is not an issue at all, I was solely focused on weather or not saddles with embroidering specifically on the side/nose area would show more signs of wear to cycling shorts.

(The saddles I've seen with this embroidering also happen to be advertised as 'no slip').

Stan Cox

Guest
Cipher wrote:
> What has been your experience with any of those embroidered 'no-slip' saddles? I've never
> used one, and was curious to know if the embroidery actually accelerated the wear of your
> cycling shorts?
>

> --

I had one a few years back and found it quite uncomfortable until it wore in and got some slip back.
You had to almost raise yourself off it to slightly change position. Once it wore in there was no
perceptible difference between it and the non embroidered. I certainly wouldnt buy another. However
if someone were to GIVE me another one I would use it. But then I was always cheap :)

Stan Cox

Jay Hill

Guest
Cipher wrote:
> What has been your experience with any of those embroidered 'no-slip' saddles? I've never
> used one, and was curious to know if the embroidery actually accelerated the wear of your
> cycling shorts?

I have San Marcos Rolls on two bikes, one embroidered and one not, and I've never been able to tell
a difference.