Empty calories

Ratiocinator said:
By not shoveling copious amounts of multifarious poisons into my mouth on a daily basis I am SIGNIFICANTLY less likely to develop disease.
Yeh, but I ask you, who's actually 'enjoying' their life. I know I am.

Ratiocinator said:
By not shoveling copious amounts of multifarious poisons into my mouth on a daily basis I am SIGNIFICANTLY less likely to develop disease.

But die early from stressing the F out. Go have a doughnut.

Jono L said:
Yeh, but I ask you, who's actually 'enjoying' their life. I know I am.
By my interpretation of your reply, you obviously think that giving a damn about personal health and dietary habits jeopardizes a person’s daily pleasure. This is a completely ludicrous notion to behold.

If you think that pleasure only lies in consuming the toxic filth that the corporate world likes to have shoved down your throats, and living healthfully means a dull life of misery, then think again. I suggest that you look into this topic more. Raw, living foods, including recipes made thereof, are just as good tasting as carcinogenic excitotoxins, but the difference is the healthy tasty foods will not lead you straight to the hospital. They will also leave you with increased energy, increased health, and generally make you feel good.

It may take a little work to break free from the chains of typical Western ways; you may need to spend a few days or weeks altering your lifelong ways to replace them for better, more natural ways. Once complete you will be laughing.

All I can say here is to go and look into it. If you think healthy living consists of nothing more than eating raw lettuce, then you are sadly mistaken.

Sacrificing your health and future well-being for the sake of transient taste pleasures from toxic convenience foods, because you were too lazy to stand up from the crowd and live a healthy natural life, is hardly sensible or intelligent. A little pleasure now does not justify a lot of suffering in later life, whether that be two years, five years of thirty years from now.

Compare the lives of a person who ate typical Western foods and a person who ate good tasting healthy, natural foods. In thirty years time both people would have had enjoyable lives, but now only the person on the natural, healthy foods continues to have a good time. The other person is diseased and in failing health. The other person does not have a very enjoyable life now.

zaskar said:
But die early from stressing the F out. Go have a doughnut.
No need to stress. Just do a little research, a little reading, and things become very clear.

Ratiocinator said:
No need to stress. Just do a little research, a little reading, and things become very clear.

I know all about nutrition and I eat healthy most of the time. But ill be damn if I'm gonna walk a strict line the rest of my life. I knew a guy like you, if it wasn't green and healthy he didnt eat it. died of cancer at 36 yrs old. I know a few old people in the 70 and 80s who smoke and eat what ever and healthy as hell. So stfu about we are poising are selves, we ALL are gonna die of or by something Mr preacher. There is meds for paranoia, seek a doctor.

zaskar said:
I know all about nutrition and I eat healthy most of the time. But ill be damn if I'm gonna walk a strict line the rest of my life. I knew a guy like you, if it wasn't green and healthy he didnt eat it. died of cancer at 36 yrs old. I know a few old people in the 70 and 80s who smoke and eat what ever and healthy as hell. So stfu about we are poising are selves, we ALL are gonna die of or by something Mr preacher. There is meds for paranoia, seek a doctor.
I would advice that you adjust your diet just to lesson your aggressiveness, if for no other reason.

You are quick to judge me, and you do so wrongly. You feel healthy now, but give it time!

Do you know why that guy died of cancer? I doubt it. He may have been too late in his change. He may have done too little too soon, or not done things properly. He may have been exposed to industrial toxins or suffered high stress, etc. Who knows?

What is true is that people tend to be different in what they can cope with. It is certainly true that a MAJORITY of people do become SERIOUSLY ILL through consuming poisons all their lives. Poisons such as meat, dairy, foods with the nutrition cooked out of them, wheat products, alcohol, additives (MSG, aspartame, etc.), and so on. Just go to ANY HOSPITAL and see for yourself.

Why did granny have her hip replaced? Most likely because of a life spent eating mucus forming foods; acid forming foods that caused her body to suck out much of the alkalizing calcium from her bones, thus causing them to weaken and decay.

It is not about life and death, it is about PREVENTING SUFFERING. Life and death is not black and white, the dying process is very grey. Do you want to die a long, painful, slow death? Or do you want to live life to the full and go quickly with minimal discomfort?

There is no paranoia on my part, just EXPERIENCE and knowledge of a lot of SCIENTIFIC STUDY.

Do you understand that?

[font=&quot]I post here to try to HELP, and fools like you abuse me in response. Well, fine, you live as a fool and you reap what you sow. But unless you have anything really helpful to contribute I suggest you refrain from posting and leave this thread to others who care about how they live and who wish to avoid disease.[/font]

Ratiocinator said:
I would advice that you adjust your diet just to lesson your aggressiveness, if for no other reason.

You are quick to judge me, and you do so wrongly. You feel healthy now, but give it time!

Do you know why that guy died of cancer? I doubt it. He may have been too late in his change. He may have done too little too soon, or not done things properly. He may have been exposed to industrial toxins or suffered high stress, etc. Who knows?

What is true is that people tend to be different in what they can cope with. It is certainly true that a MAJORITY of people do become SERIOUSLY ILL through consuming poisons all their lives. Poisons such as meat, dairy, foods with the nutrition cooked out of them, wheat products, alcohol, additives (MSG, aspartame, etc.), and so on. Just go to ANY HOSPITAL and see for yourself.

Why did granny have her hip replaced? Most likely because of a life spent eating mucus forming foods; acid forming foods that caused her body to suck out much of the alkalizing calcium from her bones, thus causing them to weaken and decay.

It is not about life and death, it is about PREVENTING SUFFERING. Life and death is not black and white, the dying process is very grey. Do you want to die a long, painful, slow death? Or do you want to live life to the full and go quickly with minimal discomfort?

There is no paranoia on my part, just EXPERIENCE and knowledge of a lot of SCIENTIFIC STUDY.

Do you understand that?

[font=&quot]I post here to try to HELP, and fools like you abuse me in response. Well, fine, you live as a fool and you reap what you sow. But unless you have anything really helpful to contribute I suggest you refrain from posting and leave this thread to others who care about how they live and who wish to avoid disease.[/font]

You talk stupid. Like eating healthy is going to prevent a painful death or disease.You may get hit by a bus. STFU, go get some Prozac and preach else where.

zaskar said:
You may get hit by a bus.
Could get hit by a bus, could be hit by a falling rock from outer space, could be shot by a thug, could be blown up following a gas leak, etc... etc. Yes. I see your logic. So because a lot of things could happen that justifies living imprudently and not giving a damn. Because I could be hit by a bus that alone justifies not caring about avoiding cancer or heart disease.

You are quite smart, you are.

Ratiocinator said:
Could get hit by a bus, could be hit by a falling rock from outer space, could be shot by a thug, could be blown up following a gas leak, etc... etc. Yes. I see your logic. So because a lot of things could happen that justifies living imprudently and not giving a damn. Because I could be hit by a bus that alone justifies not caring about avoiding cancer or heart disease.

You are quite smart, you are.

Look at it this way. If I or anyone else wants to eat junk how does that affect your life? Just because someone eats a freaking doughnut, does not mean they dont give a damn. Worry about yourself, unless our eating habits affects your life.

The OP asked what was best out of the list. Then you act like your above eveyone because you dont eat a dougnut. Go kill yourself.

zaskar said:
The OP asked what was best out of the list. Then you act like your above eveyone because you dont eat a dougnut.
Do I indeed?

zaskar said:
Go kill yourself.
Lovely.

zaskar said:
Look at it this way. If I or anyone else wants to eat junk how does that affect your life? Just because someone eats a freaking doughnut, does not mean they dont give a damn. Worry about yourself, unless our eating habits affects your life.
OK then. I will tell you how the junk food consumption of people can negatively impact my life, and the life of OTHERS.

Not that whether or not I am affected should really matter. Does a person not have a moral responsibility to inform others of harmful activities, as a warning to allow them the opportunity of protecting themselves? I think they do.

Let us start with ASPARTAME: This is a lethal substance that manufacturers add to foods to make them addictive. Aspartame is an addictive excitotoxin. It is in Diet Coke and added to ‘food’ in fast filth restaurants. Apart from causing almost every disease known to mankind, including CANCER, aspartame impedes the cerebral abilities of those foolish enough to consume this poison. When a persons mental abilities are broken down they become stupid. Stupid people are easy to exploit, such as by the very same CRIMINALS who put the aspartame into their food in the first place. These elite criminals then exploit the people they have dumbed-down to further their nefarious agenda. I wonder if you know what I am writing about? I will give you a few clues: destruction of natural habitats, 9/11, 7/7, Iraq, Afghanistan, HAARP, high altitude aerosolized chemical distribution, pollution, etc.

http://www.dldewey.com/aspar.htm

http://www.dorway.com/indexnew.html

Sweet Misery (trailer): http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=-396422306161783858&esrc=sr1&ev=v&q=sweet+misery&vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-n-gA0wvi84&usg=AL29H20dxZnvPkNEYvqQJBChRP_2emeyJw

MSG: this poison is also addictive and added to foods to increase their appeal. It has many similar effects to those of aspartame. It, too, is lethal. Both of these chemicals promote obesity. Obesity means that people consume much more food than they need, often nutrient-poor foods. A nutrient-deprived body craves food, in order to obtain the missing nutrients, so these people continue to CONSUME THE EARTH. When my home planet is literally being consumed, that is a threat to me, hence my cause for concern.

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

MEAT: The chief junk food of them all. Did you know that in order to produce a single pound of meat over 12-pounds of grain must be grown? So, instead of having 12-pounds of grain to eat, or the equivalent in other crops (more efficient and varied crops), you get a single pound of diseased, hacked-up animal corpse. This plate of death and suffering not only required around 12-pounds of grain, but also 2,500 gallons of water (Australia might be interested in that piece of information right now, considering their drought). This meat required around 20-times more land than the calorific equivalent in nutritious plant food to produce. So if people stopped eating it, not only would their health improve but also VAST areas of the Earth would be freed. We could use this land to improve the quality of all our lives. Trees and forests could be planted (here in the UK, trees are very rare, thanks to greed and ignorance prompting people to chop most of them down) and everyone could have their own little patch of land. We could have more countryside to roam around in, more peace and more privacy.

Earthlings:

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=-1282796533661048967&esrc=sr1&ev=v&q=earthlings&vidurl=http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1282796533661048967%26q%3Dearthlings&usg=AL29H22odIgJwAh0iikbZlnSpm3Jcb6gvg

Apart from wasted land, wasted water, wasted energy and wasted crops, a single pound of meat also means that 35-pounds of topsoil was depleted and more than an entire gallon of gasoline (equivalent energy of) was burned, habitats are destroyed by the pesticides sprayed over the meat-animals food crops, and massive supplies of drinking water is continually contaminated. What contaminates this water, apart from the pesticide run-off? – Excrement from cows. Did you know that in the US farm animals (livestock) produce around 250,000 pounds of excrement per second? The human population only produces around 12,000 pounds per second, and the humans have a sewage system to deal with it, the cows do not! That farm animal excrement is left to foul waterways and cause human disease and other negative effects.

Diet For A New America:

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=6799801929001936259&esrc=sr1&ev=v&q=diet+for+a+new+america&vidurl=http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D6799801929001936259%26q%3Ddiet%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bnew%2Bamerica&usg=AL29H227rLFjt_wb9xZg6_Zp56fcf4MVGQ

For other facts on meat production, see below.

World Hunger

Human population of United States: 243,000,000

Number of human beings who could be fed by the grain and soybeans eaten by U.S. livestock: 1,300,000,000

Sacred food of Native Americans: Corn

Percentage of corn grown in United States eaten by human beings: 20

Percentage of corn grown in United States eaten by livestock: 80

Percentage of oats grown in United States eaten by livestock: 95

Percentage of protein wasted by cycling grain through livestock: 90

Percentage of carbohydrate wasted by cycling grain through livestock: 99

Percentage of dietary fiber wasted by cycling grain through livestock: 100

How frequently a child dies of starvation: Every 2 seconds

Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on 1 acre of land: 20,000

Pounds of beef that can be produced on 1 acre of land: 165

Percentage of U.S. agricultural land used to produce beef: 56

Pounds of grain and soybeans needed to produce 1 pound of feedlot beef: 16

Pounds of protein fed to chickens to produce 1 pound of protein as chicken flesh: 5 pounds

Pounds of protein fed to hogs to produce 1 pound of protein as hog flesh: 7.5 pounds

Number of children who starve to death every day: 40,000

Number of pure vegetarians who can be fed on the amount of land needed to feed 1 person consuming meat-based diet: 20

Number of people who will starve to death this year: 60,000,000

Number of people who could be adequately fed by the grain saved if Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10%: 60,000,000

Topsoil Depletion

Historic cause of demise of many great civilizations: Topsoil depletion

Percentage of original U.S. topsoil lost to date: 75

Amount of U.S. cropland lost each year to soil erosion: 4,000,000 acres, the size of Connecticut

Percentage of U.S. topsoil loss directly associated with livestock raising: 85

Number of acres of U.S. forest which have been cleared to create cropland to produce a meat-centred diet: 260,000,000

How often an acre of U.S. trees disappears: Every 8 seconds

Amount of trees spared per year by each individual who switches to pure vegetarian diet: 1 acre

Rainforest Destruction

A driving force behind the destruction of the tropical rainforests: American meat habit

Amount of meat imported annually by U.S. from Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras and Panama: 200,000,000 pounds

Amount of meat eaten by average person in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Panama: Less than average American housecat

Current rate of species extinction due to destruction of tropical rainforests and related habitats: 1,000/year

Energy, True Cost

Length of time the world's petroleum reserves would last if all human beings ate meat-centered diets: 13 years

Length of time the world's petroleum reserves would last if all human beings ate a vegetarian diet: 260 years

Principal reason for U.S. military intervention in Persian Gulf: Dependence on foreign oil

Barrels of oil imported daily by U.S.: 6,800,000

Percentage of energy return (as food energy per fossil energy expended) of most energy efficient factory farming of meat: 34.5%

Percentage of energy return (as food energy per fossil energy expended) of least energy efficient plant food: 32.8%

Pounds of soybeans produced by the amount of fossil fuel needed to produce 1 pound of feedlot beef: 40

Percentage of raw materials consumed in U.S. for all purposes presently consumed to produce current meat-centred diet: 33

Percentage of raw materials consumed in U.S. for all purposes needed to produce fully vegetarian diet: 2

User of more than half of all water used for all purposes in the United States: Livestock production

Quantity of water used in the production of the average cow sufficient to: Float a destroyer

Water needed to produce 1 pound of wheat: 25 gallons

Water needed to reduce 1 pound of meat: 2,500 gallons

Cost of common hamburger meat if water used by meat industry was not subsidized by U.S. taxpayers: $35/pound

Current cost for pound of protein from wheat: $1.50

Current cost for pound of protein from beefsteak: $15.40

Cost for pound of protein from beefsteak if U.S. taxpayers ceased subsidizing meat industry's use of water: $89

Feedlot Sewage

Production of excrement by total U.S. human population: 12,000 pounds/second

Production of excrement by U.S. livestock: 250,000 pounds/second

Sewage systems in U.S. cities: Common

Sewage systems in U.S. feedlots: Nil

Amount of waste produced annually by U.S. livestock in confinement operations which is not recycled: 1 billion tons

Relative concentration of feedlot wastes compared to raw domestic sewage: Ten to several hundred times more highly concentrated

Where feedlot waste often ends up: In our water

Nutrition

Number of U.S. medical schools: 125

Number of U.S. medical schools with required course in nutrition: 30

Training in nutrition received during 4 years of medical school by average U.S. physician: 2.5 hours

How frequently a heart attack strikes in the U.S.: Every 25 seconds

How frequently heart attack kills in U.S.: Every 45 seconds

Most common cause of death in U.S.: Heart attack

Risk of death from heart attack by average American man: 50%

Risk of death from heart attack by average American vegetarian man: 15%

Risk of death from heart attack by average American pure vegetarian man: 4%

Amount you reduce your risk of heart attack by reducing your consumption of meat, dairy products, and eggs 10%: 9%

Amount you reduce the risk of heart attack by reducing your consumption of meat, dairy products, and eggs by 50%: 45%

Amount you reduce your risk of heart attack by reducing your consumption of meat, dairy products, and eggs by 100%: 90%

Rise in blood cholesterol level from consuming 1 egg per day: 12%

Rise in heart attack risk from 12% rise in blood cholesterol: 24%

Meat, dairy, and egg industries claim there is no reason to be concerned about your blood cholesterol as long as it is: "normal"

Your risk of dying of a disease caused by clogged arteries if your blood cholesterol is "normal": over 50%

Your risk of dying of a disease caused by clogged arteries if you do not consume saturated fat and cholesterol: 5%

Leading sources of saturated fat and cholesterol in American diets: Meat, dairy products, and eggs

Hollywood celebrity paid by meat board to tout beef as "Real food for real people": James Garner

Medical event experienced by James Garner in April, 1988: Quintuple coronary artery bypass surgery

World populations with high meat intakes who do not have correspondingly high rates of colon cancer: None

World populations with low meat intakes who do not have correspondingly low rates of colon cancer: None

Increased risk of breast cancer for women who eat meat daily compared to women who eat meat less than once a week: 4 times higher

Egg Board's advertising slogan: The incredible edible egg

Photographs often accompanying the egg board's slogan: Young women in bathing suits, emphasizing the shape of their breasts

Increased risk of breast cancer for women who eat eggs daily compared to women who eat eggs less than once a week: 3 times higher

Milk Producers original ad campaign slogan: "Everybody needs milk"

What the Federal Trade Commission called the "Everybody needs milk" slogan: "False, misleading and deceptive"

Milk Producer's revised campaign slogan: "Milk has something for everybody"

Increased risk of breast cancer for women who eat butter and cheese 3 or more times a week compared to women who eat these foods less than once a week: 3 times higher

Part of female chicken's body that produces eggs: Ovaries

Increased risk of fatal ovarian cancer for women who eat eggs 3 or more times a week compared to women who eat eggs less than once a week: 3 times higher

Foods males in U.S. are conditioned to think of as "manly": Animal products

Increased risk of fatal prostate cancer for men who consume meats, cheese, eggs, and milk daily compared to men who eat these foods sparingly or not at all: 3.6 times higher

Food Groups

Recommended percentage of daily calories to be derived from protein according to World Health Organization: 4.5%

Recommended percentage of daily calories to be derived from protein according to Food and Nutrition Board of the U.S.D.A: 6%

Recommended percentage of daily calories to be derived from protein according to National Research Council: 8%

Percentage of calories as protein in wheat: 17%

Percentage of calories as protein in broccoli: 45%

Percentage of calories as protein in rice: 8%

Disease linked to inadequate protein consumption: Kwashiorkor

Number of cases of kwashiorkor in United States: Virtually none

Diseases linked to excess protein consumption: Osteoporosis and Kidney failure

Number of cases of osteoporosis and kidney failure in the United States: Tens of millions

The average measurable bone loss of female meat-eaters at age 65: 35%

The average measurable bone loss of female vegetarians at age 65: 18%

Person who popularized the concept of protein combining: Frances Moore Lappe

Frances Moore Lappe's updated research on a healthy, varied vegetarian diet: Protein combining is completely unnecessary.

Health status of pure vegetarians from many populations of the world according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences: Excellent

The Meat Board tells us: Today's meats are low in fat.

The Meat Board shows us: A serving of beef they claim has "only 300 calories".

The Meat Board doesn't tell us: The serving of beef they show us is only 3 ounces (half the size of an average serving of beef) and has been surgically defatted with a scalpel.

The dairy industry tells us: Whole milk is 3.5% fat

The dairy industry doesn't tell us: That 3.5% figure is based on weight, and most of the weight in milk is water

The dairy industry doesn't want us to know: The amount of calories as fat in whole milk is 50%

Oscar Mayer tells us: It is "myth" that hot dogs are fatty
Oscar Mayer demonstrates their point by favourably comparing the fattiness of hot dogs to such low fat bastions as: Margarine, mayonnaise, salad dressing, and cream cheese

The Dairy Council tells us: Milk is nature's most perfect food
The Dairy Council doesn't tell us: Milk is nature's food for a baby calf, who has four stomachs, will double its weight in 47 days and is destined to weigh 300 pounds within a year

The Dairy Council tells children: To grow up big and strong, drink lots of milk
The Dairy Council occasionally tells children: The enzyme necessary for digestion of milk is lactase
The Dairy Council never tells children: 20% of caucasian children and 80% of Black children have no lactase in their intestines.

The meat, dairy, and egg industries tell us: Animal products constitute 2 of the "Basic 4" food groups

The meat, dairy, and egg industries don't tell us: There were originally 12 official basic food groups, before these industries applied enormous political pressure on behalf of their products

The meat, dairy, and egg industries tell us: We are well-fed only with animal products

The meat, dairy, and egg industries don't tell us: The diseases which are commonly prevented, consistently improved, and sometimes cured by low-fat vegetarian diet include:

Strokes,
Heart disease
Kidney stones
Breast cancer
Prostate cancer
Pancreatic cancer
Cervical cancer
Stomach cancer
Diabetes
Hypoglycemia
Peptic ulcers
Constipation
Hiatal hernias
Diverticulosis
Gallstones
Hypertension
Salmonellosis
Trichinosis
Osteoporosis
Colon cancer
Ovarian cancer
Endometrial cancer
Kidney disease
Hemorrhoids
Obesity
Asthma
Irritable colon syndrome

Pesticides, Sterility

Chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by meat: 55%

Pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by Dairy products: 23%

Pesticide residues in U.S. diet supplied by vegetables: 6%

Pesticide residues in U.S. diet supplied by fruits: 4%

Pesticide residues in U.S. diet supplied by grains: 1%

Percentage of U.S. mother's milk containing significant levels of DDT: 99%

Percentage of U.S. vegetarian mother's milk containing significant levels of DDT: 8%

Relative pesticide contamination in breast milk of meat-eating mothers compared to pesticide contamination in breast milk of vegetarian mothers: 35 times as high

Percentage of male college students sterile in 1950: 0.5

Percentage of male college students sterile in 1978: 25

Sperm count of average American male compared to 30 years ago: Down 30%

Principle reason for sterility and sperm count reduction in U.S. males: Chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides, including dioxin, DDT, etc

Percentage of chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticide residues in American diet attributable to meats, dairy products, fish and eggs: 94%

The meat Board tells us not to be concerned about the dioxin and other pesticides in today's beef because: the quantities are too small

The meat board doesn't want us to know: How potent dioxin and the other pesticides are.

The meat board particularly doesn't want us to know: A mere ounce of dioxin could kill 10 million people

The USDA tells us: Our meat is inspected

The USDA doesn't tell us: Less than 1 out of every quarter million slaughtered animals is tested for toxic chemical residues

The dye used for many years by the USDA for many years to stamp meats "Choice", "Prime", or "U.S. No.1 USDA": Violet Dye No.1.

Current status of Violet Dye No.1: Banned as proven carcinogen

Animal Factories

Wingspan of average leghorn chicken: 26 inches

Space average leghorn chicken given in egg factories: 6 inches

Number of 700 plus pounds pigs confined to space the size of a twin bed in typical factory farm: 3

Reason today's veal is so tender: Calves never allowed to take single step

Reason today's veal is whitish-pink: Calves force fed an anemia-producing diet

McDonald's brags: 60 million sold

McDonald's doesn't brag about: 50 million butchered

McDonald's clown, Ronald McDonald, tells children: Hamburgers grow in hamburger patches and love to be eaten
McDonald's clown, Ronald McDonald,doesn't tell children: Hamburgers are ground up cows who've had their throats slit by machetes or their brains bashed in by sledgehammers

Original actor to play Ronald McDonald: Jeff Juliano

Diet now followed by Jeff Juliano: Vegetarian

Number of animals killed for meat per hour in U.S.: 500,000

Occupation with highest employee turnover rate in U.S.: Slaughterhouse worker

Occupation with highest employee rate of injury in U.S.: Slaughterhouse worker

Cost to render an animal unconscious prior to slaughter with captive bolt pistol so that process is done humanely: 1 penny

Reason given by meat industry for not utilizing captive bolt pistol: Too expensive

Antibiotics

Percentage of total antibiotics used in U.S. fed routinely to livestock: 55

Percentage of staphylococci infections resistant to penicillin in 1960: 13

Percentage of staphylococci infections resistant to penicillin in 1988: 91

Reason: Breeding of antibiotic resistant bacteria in factory farms due to routine feeding of antibiotics to livestock

Effectiveness of all "wonder-drug" antibiotics: Declining rapidly

Reason: Feeding of antibiotics resistant bacteria in factory farms due to routine feeding of antibiotics to livestock

Response by entire European Economic Community to routine feeding of antibiotics to livestock: Ban

Response by American meat and pharmaceutical industries to routine feeding of antibiotics to livestock: Full and complete support

Athletic Performance

Only man to win ironman Triathlon more than twice: Dave Scott, 6 time winner

Food choices of Dave Scott: Vegetarian World record holder for 24 hour triathlon (swim 4.8 miles, cycle 185 miles, run 52.5 miles):

Sixto Linares Food choices of Sixto Linares: Strict vegetarian

Athlete who most totally dominated Olympic sport in track and field history: Edwin Moses, undefeated in 8 years, 400 meter hurdles

Food choices of Edwin Moses: Vegetarian

Other notable vegetarian athletes: Stan Price: World record-bench press

Robert Sweetgall: World's premier ultra-distance walker

Paavo Nurmi: 20 World's records in distance running, 9 olympic medals

Bill Pickering: World record swimming English Channel

Murray Rose: World records 400 and 1500 meter freestyles

Andreas Cahling: Winner Mr International body building championships

Roy Hilligan: Winner Mr America body building championships

Pierreo Verot: World's record for downhill endurance skiing

Estelle Gray and Cherly Marek: World's record for cross-country tandem cycling

James and Johnathon deDonato: World's record for distance butterfly stroke swimming

Ridgely Abele: Winner of 8 national championships in Karate, including U.S. Karate Association World Championships

And how is meat derived, exactly? An animal, or approximately 19,000 animals every MINUTE in the USA (http://leda.law.harvard.edu/leda/data/710/Miller05.pdf ), or some 45-billion worldwide each year, are forcibly transported to the killing place, the slaughterhouse, where the usually panic-stricken, terrified animals are cruelly and painfully murdered before, and often DURING, being hacked-up and desecrated. The injustice of their unnecessary suffering is a thing I am morally forced to publically object to.

MILK, EGGS and DAIRY: Other poisonous junk foods and products of environmental vandalism, rape, cruelty and suffering. The same applies to these substances as does to meat.

www.notmilk.com

http://www.dorway.com/rense.html

Etc.

I hope you get my point.

So when the actions of others threaten my life-enabling environment, then it is my business.

When the actions of others threaten the health and life of people, then I have a moral duty to speak out.

When the actions of others cause pain and suffering in animals and other sentient creatures, then I have a moral obligation to speak out.

When the actions of others threaten my safety and my health then I am forced to speak out.

Ratiocinator said:
Do I indeed?

Lovely.

OK then. I will tell you how the junk food consumption of people can negatively impact my life, and the life of OTHERS.

Not that whether or not I am affected should really matter. Does a person not have a moral responsibility to inform others of harmful activities, as a warning to allow them the opportunity of protecting themselves? I think they do.

Let us start with ASPARTAME: This is a lethal substance that manufacturers add to foods to make them addictive. Aspartame is an addictive excitotoxin. It is in Diet Coke and added to ‘food’ in fast filth restaurants. Apart from causing almost every disease known to mankind, including CANCER, aspartame impedes the cerebral abilities of those foolish enough to consume this poison. When a persons mental abilities are broken down they become stupid. Stupid people are easy to exploit, such as by the very same CRIMINALS who put the aspartame into their food in the first place. These elite criminals then exploit the people they have dumbed-down to further their nefarious agenda. I wonder if you know what I am writing about? I will give you a few clues: destruction of natural habitats, 9/11, 7/7, Iraq, Afghanistan, HAARP, high altitude aerosolized chemical distribution, pollution, etc.

http://www.dldewey.com/aspar.htm

http://www.dorway.com/indexnew.html

Sweet Misery (trailer): http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=-396422306161783858&esrc=sr1&ev=v&q=sweet+misery&vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-n-gA0wvi84&usg=AL29H20dxZnvPkNEYvqQJBChRP_2emeyJw

MSG: this poison is also addictive and added to foods to increase their appeal. It has many similar effects to those of aspartame. It, too, is lethal. Both of these chemicals promote obesity. Obesity means that people consume much more food than they need, often nutrient-poor foods. A nutrient-deprived body craves food, in order to obtain the missing nutrients, so these people continue to CONSUME THE EARTH. When my home planet is literally being consumed, that is a threat to me, hence my cause for concern.

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

MEAT: The chief junk food of them all. Did you know that in order to produce a single pound of meat over 12-pounds of grain must be grown? So, instead of having 12-pounds of grain to eat, or the equivalent in other crops (more efficient and varied crops), you get a single pound of diseased, hacked-up animal corpse. This plate of death and suffering not only required around 12-pounds of grain, but also 2,500 gallons of water (Australia might be interested in that piece of information right now, considering their drought). This meat required around 20-times more land than the calorific equivalent in nutritious plant food to produce. So if people stopped eating it, not only would their health improve but also VAST areas of the Earth would be freed. We could use this land to improve the quality of all our lives. Trees and forests could be planted (here in the UK, trees are very rare, thanks to greed and ignorance prompting people to chop most of them down) and everyone could have their own little patch of land. We could have more countryside to roam around in, more peace and more privacy.

Earthlings:

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=-1282796533661048967&esrc=sr1&ev=v&q=earthlings&vidurl=http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1282796533661048967%26q%3Dearthlings&usg=AL29H22odIgJwAh0iikbZlnSpm3Jcb6gvg

Apart from wasted land, wasted water, wasted energy and wasted crops, a single pound of meat also means that 35-pounds of topsoil was depleted and more than an entire gallon of gasoline (equivalent energy of) was burned, habitats are destroyed by the pesticides sprayed over the meat-animals food crops, and massive supplies of drinking water is continually contaminated. What contaminates this water, apart from the pesticide run-off? – Excrement from cows. Did you know that in the US farm animals (livestock) produce around 250,000 pounds of excrement per second? The human population only produces around 12,000 pounds per second, and the humans have a sewage system to deal with it, the cows do not! That farm animal excrement is left to foul waterways and cause human disease and other negative effects.

Diet For A New America:

http://video.google.co.uk/url?docid=6799801929001936259&esrc=sr1&ev=v&q=diet+for+a+new+america&vidurl=http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D6799801929001936259%26q%3Ddiet%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bnew%2Bamerica&usg=AL29H227rLFjt_wb9xZg6_Zp56fcf4MVGQ

For other facts on meat production, see below.

And how is meat derived, exactly? An animal, or approximately 19,000 animals every MINUTE in the USA (http://leda.law.harvard.edu/leda/data/710/Miller05.pdf ), or some 45-billion worldwide each year, are forcibly transported to the killing place, the slaughterhouse, where the usually panic-stricken, terrified animals are cruelly and painfully murdered before, and often DURING, being hacked-up and desecrated. The injustice of their unnecessary suffering is a thing I am morally forced to publically object to.

MILK, EGGS and DAIRY: Other poisonous junk foods and products of environmental vandalism, rape, cruelty and suffering. The same applies to these substances as does to meat.

http://www.dorway.com/rense.html

Etc.

I hope you get my point.

So when the actions of others threaten my life-enabling environment, then it is my business.

When the actions of others threaten the health and life of people, then I have a moral duty to speak out.

When the actions of others cause pain and suffering in animals and other sentient creatures, then I have a moral obligation to speak out.

When the actions of others threaten my safety and my health then I am forced to speak out.

Yea I have a response. What?

Ratiodork, Don't you see your over enthusiasm very similar to that of other extremists? Your views may have merit, I don't know. I don't have time or interest to read the studies much less research who did them to find out if they were non-biased, which is very important when you decypher what you choose to believe or not. I doubt they are scientifically sound if they are posted on a website entitled "notmilk.com". I personally think any kind of extremism is wrong and from the tone of your posts, you are an extremist in the way you believe. Step back, take a deep breath, expand your research to reputable sources and see what you come up with. I doubt the world is quite as bad as you see it. Good luck in your endeavors.

gt3413 said:
Ratiodork,
How civil. Obviously politeness and good manners do not feature very highly in your life.

gt3413 said:
Your views may have merit, I don't know. I don't have time or interest to read the studies much less research who did them to find out if they were non-biased, which is very important when you decypher what you choose to believe or not. I doubt they are scientifically sound if they are posted on a website entitled "notmilk.com". I personally think any kind of extremism is wrong and from the tone of your posts, you are an extremist in the way you believe. Step back, take a deep breath, expand your research to reputable sources and see what you come up with. I doubt the world is quite as bad as you see it. Good luck in your endeavors.
You cannot be bothered to look at the evidence or even the stated REFERENCES, but yet you feel compelled to abuse me and write with an ‘authoritative’ tone. You are a fool, and that is not being abusive. That is stating an obvious fact as only a fool would write and publish in a forum what you did.

You are driven by your aggressive, arrogant nature and highly defective belief system. EVERYTHING in my last post is HIGHLY RESEARCHED and supported by SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.

Your post is a complete waste of time. You are motivated to fight the truth and maintain your beliefs, regardless of how fatuous and false they are. Yours is a position of IGNORANCE.

You are judgmental and controlled by your prejudices. That is a silly way to live. You use words like ‘extremism’ as an excuse to ignore entire groups! That is nothing less that completely STUPID. You need to reevaluate your thoughts and what you behold to be true. Your rationale is defective; you need to shift your paradigm because you are living a LIE. Come over to reality. Come on, come closer. Can you handle it?

It is unfathomable how people call others abusive names and say that what they write about is completely untrue when such people, and even by their OWN ADMISSION, have NOT EVEN TAKEN A SINGLE LOOK at THE EVIDENCE! Do you not see how absolutely INSANE that is?

So, go on, fool. Judge me by your preconceived, preprogrammed fake notions. Continue to poison yourself and believe in a false and artificial paradigm while ignoring the truth and obvious FACTS that are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!

Seems I struck a nerve, lol. I won't be looking at the research sources that you posted no more than you would look at or take any advice/knowledge from any sound research studies that I might post. There would always be a reason not to believe one or the other. Believe what you wish just use some common sense and don't get pulled in by all the hoopla that you read. Good luck

Ok, I got curious and looked at some of the links. Most appear to be statements from individuals regarding the different products, not actual studies. I sure wouldn't base my beliefs on what someone told me, much less a documentary. I'm done. Good luck in your choices!

[font=&quot]
gt3413 said:
no more than you would look at or take any advice/knowledge from any sound research studies that I might post.
That is quite an assumption to make. You assume that I am set in my ways an unwilling to examine ANYTHING that goes against that which I advocate here. I am more than willing, enthusiastic, in fact, when it comes to important subjects like this one. I want to act on accurate and relevant information, which is why I am a proponent of the 100% plant based raw food diet (majority raw). Comprehend this: I HAVE looked at both sides and I am CONFIDENT in my conclusions. But should you post something that purports to prove what I support is not the key to optimum health/diet I will happily read it and consider it, just as anyone reading this thread should consider and investigate what I have posted.

This is an important issue, for all. Complacency and a closed mind will not prevent disease. It is only prudent to learn as much as possible about issues of health. It may be a dull subject to some, but it is VITALLY IMPORTAMNT to be informed, especially today in a world filled with poisons and controlled by malevolent criminals who actively seek to harm and kill great numbers of people.

gt3413 said:
There would always be a reason not to believe one or the other. Believe what you wish just use some common sense and don't get pulled in by all the hoopla that you read.
One must use their discernment when it comes to judging what is worthy and what is false/propaganda. Unfortunately, as many people have been dumbed-down, their personal sovereignty removed, their cerebral processes impaired, and their sense of logic distorted, accurate and reliable discernment is a rare thing indeed.

gt3413 said:
Good luck
It would seem that you have a greater need of good luck than I.[/font]

Me or him, lol.

And to ratioman, I wholeheartedly agree that a plant based diet is extremely healthy and wholesome provided you consume adequate calories and complimentary proteins etc. My point was that you came off as a fanatic when you chose words and phrases such as fast filth restaurants, and speaking about animals going to slaughter who are forcibly transported to the killing place, the slaughterhouse, where the usually panic-stricken, terrified animals are cruelly and painfully murdered and finally MILK, EGGS and DAIRY: Other poisonous junk foods and products of environmental vandalism, rape, cruelty and suffeing. If you were only interested in the facts, you would have chosen words that presented facts while not invoking over the top reactions from those reading your posts. You could have simply stated the facts while providing unbiased resources and let us make up our own mind. Instead you chose the path of trying to overwhelm your readers by using fanatical type writings. If you want to be taken seriously, provide sound evidence and leave out all the hype.

gt3413 said:
And to ratioman, I wholeheartedly agree that a plant based diet is extremely healthy and wholesome provided you consume adequate calories and complimentary proteins etc. My point was that you came off as a fanatic when you chose words and phrases such as fast filth restaurants, and speaking about animals going to slaughter who are forcibly transported to the killing place, the slaughterhouse, where the usually panic-stricken, terrified animals are cruelly and painfully murdered and finally MILK, EGGS and DAIRY: Other poisonous junk foods and products of environmental vandalism, rape, cruelty and suffeing. If you were only interested in the facts, you would have chosen words that presented facts while not invoking over the top reactions from those reading your posts. You could have simply stated the facts while providing unbiased resources and let us make up our own mind. Instead you chose the path of trying to overwhelm your readers by using fanatical type writings. If you want to be taken seriously, provide sound evidence and leave out all the hype.
I say it how it is. I say it in a way that provides suitable emphasis to obvious truths that are hidden right in front of our faces.

The sites I linked to do quote their references and do use information that is unbiased and from unbiased sources. If I were to use purely scientific terms then most people would not know what the hell (pun intended) I am writing about.

Most people think bad eating consists of too much salt, sugar and fat! They have a LOT to learn.

This is a very serious topic. I do not have corrupt elites and political figures on my side. I do not have their trillions of dollars or mass media outlets at my disposal. But I do have the truth and I can provide credible facts to those receptive to them.

In a world in which increasingly large numbers of people do not even know that the toxic well-presented ‘food’ item in the neat plastic wrapping was once an animal, had emotions and was capable of thought and feeling pain, just as they are, I make no apologies for my vehemence.

If you are truly interested in learning the results of credible studies then get a copy of the book Plant Based Nutrition and Health, by Stephen Walsh PhD. Dr. Walsh specializes in the analysis of scientific studies and has formed his conclusions based on the examination of thousands of them. He has clearly laid out in his book his results and provides many pages of references. In fact usually Googling his name followed by a nutrition topic brings up many links to articles he has written or contributed to that tend to quote references and scientific studies that can be double checked on PubMed.

I wish there was a pdf version of his book but, thus far, I have failed to locate one. It is only £7.95 to buy:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plant-Based-Nutrition-Health-Stephen/dp/0907337279/ref=sr_1_1/203-9022473-2610326?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178507166&sr=1-1

http://www.vegansociety.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=153

Ratiocinator said:
I say it how it is. I say it in a way that provides suitable emphasis to obvious truths that are hidden right in front of our faces.

The sites I linked to do quote their references and do use information that is unbiased and from unbiased sources. If I were to use purely scientific terms then most people would not know what the hell (pun intended) I am writing about.

Most people think bad eating consists of too much salt, sugar and fat! They have a LOT to learn.

This is a very serious topic. I do not have corrupt elites and political figures on my side. I do not have their trillions of dollars or mass media outlets at my disposal. But I do have the truth and I can provide credible facts to those receptive to them.

In a world in which increasingly large numbers of people do not even know that the toxic well-presented ‘food’ item in the neat plastic wrapping was once an animal, had emotions and was capable of thought and feeling pain, just as they are, I make no apologies for my vehemence.

If you are truly interested in learning the results of credible studies then get a copy of the book Plant Based Nutrition and Health, by Stephen Walsh PhD. Dr. Walsh specializes in the analysis of scientific studies and has formed his conclusions based on the examination of thousands of them. He has clearly laid out in his book his results and provides many pages of references. In fact usually Googling his name followed by a nutrition topic brings up many links to articles he has written or contributed to that tend to quote references and scientific studies that can be double checked on PubMed.

I wish there was a pdf version of his book but, thus far, I have failed to locate one. It is only £7.95 to buy:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plant-Based-Nutrition-Health-Stephen/dp/0907337279/ref=sr_1_1/203-9022473-2610326?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178507166&sr=1-1

http://www.vegansociety.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=153
(here in the UK, trees are very rare, thanks to greed and ignorance prompting people to chop most of them down)
i can see lots out of my window

how about we do a test ill ride with you in a 200k road race you eat alfafa sprouts i'll eat gels abrs and drinks we'll see who wins