Endless Bickering

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. Simon Ward

    Simon Ward Guest

    Simon Mason <[email protected]> wrote:
    > ....in our local paper between motorists and cyclists has got to stop according to columnist:
    [...] Wonder if the same principles could be applied to this group - unlikely, but I live in hope.
    People should pay particular attention to the penultimate paragraph of the article in question.

    Simon
    --
    Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "You'd never guess the things
    that I do, I've had the Devil round for tea ..."

  3. Lardy Ninja

    Lardy Ninja Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > ....in our local paper between motorists and cyclists has got to stop according to columnist:
    >
    > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zctc.htm
    >

    > --
    > Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

    Hmmm,

    "...why do cyclists think they can veer all over the place without using proper had signals? And
    most of them don't have lights on their bikes at night either. How can they complain when most of
    them don't play by the rules?"

    followed by criticism of letters from

    "...people making daft generalisations."

    Makes you wonder, did he read this rubbish through before submitting it?

    LN

    PS Off the top of my head I can't think of any "prudent" or "unavoidable" reason to ride on
    the pavement

  4. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:34:05 -0000, Simon Mason scrawled: ) http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zctc.htm

    I'm worried that he advocates driving "prudently" on the pavement, especially given the section on
    multi-use paths in

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-faq/part2/section-6.html

    must apply doubly to pedestrianised pavements. But then I've never understood people who can't
    dismount at the curb and wheel the bike while using their feet in the standard perambulatory manner.

    Perhaps there are spates of vandalism involving superglue and saddles. Quick-release mechanisms must
    surely be available to reduce this problem, and reduce difficult on-pavement cycling to the somewhat
    less dangerous pastime of waddling with a saddle and seatpost stuck to your trousers.

    Am I starting a helmet-like debate? Should I keep my prudent hole closed?

    ... He also uses short sentences as paragraphs.

    This is just plain and simple Tony Parsons.

    /Or/maybe/even/Richard/Littlejohn/.

    J-P
    --
    "This book is dedicated with tenderness and respect to the blameless vulva."

  5. Lardy Ninja

    Lardy Ninja Guest

    lardy ninja wrote:
    > Makes you wonder, did he read this rubbish through before submitting it?
    >
    > LN

    I apologise to the OP for the wording of my post which referred to *he* (the author of the article)
    *submitting* (to his editor) and not as it may have been misunderstood *he* (the OP) *submitting*
    (to urc). On the other hand if the OP had understood perfectly well my meaning first time round then
    I apologise to the OP for insulting his intelligence. In fact I apologise for this apology which
    makes the rubbish(1) I was commenting on seem lucid.

    Err sorry.

    LN

    (1) The article that is not the post

  6. "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ....in our local paper between motorists and cyclists has got to stop according to columnist:
    >
    > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zctc.htm

    I quite agree. As the Honda advert says, we're all just trying to get along.

    Transport would be made much more pleasant (and a mite more efficient) if everyone would keep to
    their responsibilities.