Endurance Race anyone?

Msa

Guest
I have been asked today to take part in a 12 hour tandem race in an attempt to beat my clubs record
which has been standing since 1926.

I believe the record is around 226 miles in the 12 hours which doesn't seem to bad, but that's
probably because there aren't that many tandems in the club!

1) The longest I have spent in the saddle in 8 hours spread over a day
2) The longest distance I have covered in 1 day is 110 miles, although I have covered 500
miles in 1 week
3) I race regularly
4) I average around 200 training miles per week when not racing.

Oh yes, forgot to mention that I've never ridden a tandem :)

I'll be on the back and I'm looking for any tips regarding tandem riding or endurance racing. I
would imagine the hardest things are going to be setting a steady pace and getting comfortable on
the bloody thing! Hopefully we can average around 20mph for the 12 hours. I'm also hoping that
food/bidons will be passed via a car or feedstops.

Comments anyone?

--
Mark

MSA wrote:

> Oh yes, forgot to mention that I've never ridden a tandem :)

I think remedying this deficiency should be your first priority.

James

"James Annan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> MSA wrote:
>
> > Oh yes, forgot to mention that I've never ridden a tandem :)
>
> I think remedying this deficiency should be your first priority.

This is of course good general advice, even without the other inducements MSA has :)

cheers, clive

>Comments anyone?

Are ye oot yor tree, bonnie laad???

Cheers, helen s