Endurox/Accelerade vs. powerbar drinks

huttondh

Aug 16, 2005
was wondering what everyone feels is the best of the two. i am looking into buyin Endurox r4 recovery drink along with the accelerade endurance formula drink. i was wondering how much better if any it is that powerbars line of recovery and energy drinks? if anyone knows of anything better for a reasonable price that would be awsome too. thanks

-Dee-

All I know is I got a tub of blue raspberry Accelerade, and it's the most foul tasting energy drink I've ever tried!
And after one 5 hour bike ride, my bottles are permanantly stained blue. :eek:

-a

I used EnduroxR4 for the first time this morning, and the taste is fine. For me mid ride drinks are always simple sugars very watered down.

My only recomendation with Endurox is don't use the recomended mix ration, water it down some more, there's just TOO much Vitamin E and C to justify it.

As for the performance of Endurox, it seemed to work, I'm feeling much better than I normally do post ride, so I'm thinking good things.

My only quam with it is whether or not the incredibly high amounts of vitamin E and C are really needed or not? Endurox contains 1330% recomended daily intake of vitamin E and 500% daily intake of vitamin C.

wow thats a massive amount... i wonder if its even safe to consume that much at one given point in time! anyway, thanks for the input

huttondh said:
wow thats a massive amount... i wonder if its even safe to consume that much at one given point in time! anyway, thanks for the input
for me, it was a choice between cytomax and accelerade, i choosed cytomax because it was a better bang for the buck. When ever i use it, i can really notice the 'less burning' sensation. well worth the money... 4.5lbs for $30. go grape tastes pretty good imo.

I have tryed both Accelerade and Powerbar.In the Powerbar I can taste the high sodium(salt),also it contains no protein,except for the powerbar recovery drink,but the price is good.I recommend the Accelerade because of the protein. It also contains antioxidants. www.bodybuilding.com has good prices.

I haven't tried Pewerbar but I do use Accelerade and Endurox. You can get them for good price at year end sale from Performance Bike.

On long rides I do make sure that I have Accelerade and it does work. Probably mostly because of the extra calories that comes with it. Without Accelerade on long rides I'll bonk and it would be painful.
Also after long rides Endurox seems to work as well. Don't expect a miracle like as if you feel no pain but it does make it more bearable than without it.

As for taste, I think they both taste fine. Just adjust the amount of water you need to mix. What did you expect from a sports drink? they don't taste bad anyway.

I have read/heard soemwhere(don't remember) that a large dose of vitamin E does help you to recover by getting rid of the antioxidants. Well, I've tried it...and to my surprise it seems to help. Pretty sure it wasn't the placebo effects. Large amount of vitamin E is what Accelerade seems to have.

I use endurox during and post ride. accelerade has too much fructose (sucrose is 50% fructose), and everything else doesn't have any protein. although sometimes I'll just have gel + water + protein bar during and endurox after and that seems to work good too. when I use endurox during ride I water it down quite a bit.