Eneco Tour, anyone interested?

Mike Owens wrote:
> "Robert Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
>>
>>>"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>But in spite of that the Ronde van België still exists as a separate
>>>tour. So for most purposes, the Eneco tour was just made more
>>>international to suit the protour. Ofcourse it's more than just a bigger
>>>Ronde van Nederland, but neither can it justifiably be called a newly
>>>created event, like the TTT in Eindhoven. For the latter the 'artificial'
>>>label might actually have some justification. But in the case of the
>>>Eneco tour, it doesn't.

>>I have a chance to be road-side for the 4th stage (Landgraaf to Verviers)
>>this Sunday. If anyone knows the route well, could they suggest a good
>>climb to view? From what I can tell of the parcours on the website
>>(http://www.enecotour.com), there should be a couple of climbs in the last
>>30km between Spa and Verviers, though elevations not shown ... any other
>>ideas?
>>
>>Cheers, Rob.

> Try the Haute Levee as the riders exit Stavelot. The climb starts less than
> 500 m from the village's cobblestoned center (plenty of bakeries and cafes)
> and has a brutal first 900 m or so (10+%).
>
> After the riders go past, walk through the village and up the Stockeu to the
> Merckx monument.
> -Mike

Mike & Ewoud, thank you very much for the suggestions ... I was on the
Haute Levee today. Didn't get a chance to see the Merckx monument
though, as we zipped ahead to see the penultimate climb - Cote de Annete
et Lubin - just outside Spa, also a great viewing spot (in the pouring
rain!)

By the way, I live just around the corner from Merckx's childhood home
in Brussels, there is a monument in the small garden in the square, and
one of my neighbours when to school with him!

Rob.

Robert Clark wrote:

> Mike & Ewoud, thank you very much for the suggestions ... I was on the
> Haute Levee today. Didn't get a chance to see the Merckx monument
> though, as we zipped ahead to see the penultimate climb - Cote de
> Annete et Lubin - just outside Spa, also a great viewing spot (in the
> pouring rain!)

You were on the Haute Levee? You should have contacted the organisers - they
needed an extra race marshal.

Jeff

Jeff Jones wrote:
> Robert Clark wrote:
>>
>> Mike & Ewoud, thank you very much for the suggestions ... I was on
>> the Haute Levee today. Didn't get a chance to see the Merckx
>> monument though, as we zipped ahead to see the penultimate climb -
>> Cote de Annete et Lubin - just outside Spa, also a great viewing
>> spot (in the pouring rain!)
>>

> You were on the Haute Levee? You should have contacted the organisers
> - they needed an extra race marshal.
>
> Jeff

ROFLMAO !!!!!! ;-)

Jan

>> I saw him riding his bike the other day :)
>
> Who?

Hmm google didn't quote the original message :(

I was talking about Eddy Merckx...

--
Regards, Dave

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> It seems as though someone has uploaded the last 40 minutes of today's
> stage 3 ("Amstel course") to news:alt.binaries.multimedia.sports

Most bueno.

Thanks for pointing it out.

It's always nice when someone gets around to posting something.