Energy Drinks - What's the hype about?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by healthynutritionguy, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Anyone into energy drinks has found that many companies advertise their
    so-called products as "Energy Drinks". I've found that many of
    them lack for better terms energy beyond the inclusion of sugars and
    unhealthy carbs.

    So what is the hype about? Well, the truth is, we are now a society
    that is mostly passive in nature and very inactive in terms of physical
    fitness and health. People are looking for that "extra" boost in
    the mid-day to quell their "over fed" tummies from lunch. Looking
    at many restaurants' menus, very few share their calorie information
    openly. This is mostly due to their "platters" having sometimes up
    to 2000 calories for one meal, and most of them are over 1500 calories
    for one meal. The consistence of carbs in the meals render a person
    completely out of energy come 2pm...thus why people are seeking that
    "BOOST"

    I've tried several products to include Red Bull, Gatorade, Liftoff
    (Herbalife), and several others not worth mentioning. The only drinks
    that we found healthy alternatives were Red Bull and Liftoff
    (Herbalife). Both these drinks provided an uplift of energy that was
    not caused by a "sugar" rush.

    Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these was
    Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural herbs and
    vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but also with mental
    focus! How do you get mental focus out of a drink? Well, Herbalife's
    proprietary blend of ingredients actually does that.

    You will find pro volleyball athletes sponsored by this drink. Elaine
    Young for instance admits that her performance in this past summer's
    tournaments were attributed by her use of Liftoff.

    Get more information about Liftoff at:
    http://www.getliftoffnow.com/thenutrishop and
    http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_Liftoff_p/h3151.htm

    Tony
    Independent Distributor

    ..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
    Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
    http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
    ..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    healthynutritionguy wrote:

    > Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these
    > was Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural
    > herbs and vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but
    > also with mental focus! How do you get mental focus out of a
    > drink? Well, Herbalife's proprietary blend of ingredients
    > actually does that.

    No, it's caffeine. This stuff is packed with
    caffeine, which is responsible for the effects
    you feel. It's a drug effect.

    Here's a news item about the death of the founder of
    Herbalife, at age 44. Those herbs sure did him a lot
    of good!

    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

    And here's two link pages to lots of information about
    Herbalife -- information that the Herbalife salespeople
    don't want you to know:

    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    http://www.rickross.com/groups/herbalife.html

    And here's a ton of consumer complaints about Herbalife:

    http://www.ftc.gov/foia/herbalife.pdf

    Warning -- this is a 97-page PDF file.

  3. "Here's a news item about the death of the founder of
    Herbalife, at age 44. Those herbs sure did him a lot
    of good!"

    Naturalistic observations with n = 1 can't be beat.

    -CM

  4. Roy Scherer

    Roy Scherer Guest

    "ronaldo_jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Here's a news item about the death of the founder of
    > Herbalife, at age 44. Those herbs sure did him a lot
    > of good!"
    >
    > Naturalistic observations with n = 1 can't be beat.
    >
    > -CM

    .... and obviously all of his money did not help.

  5. sunderland

    sunderland Guest

    One gram of carbs in 8 ounces.... don't call it "Boost", just call it
    "Bonk City". Any cyclist that tries to compete using this is just
    asking for hyponatremia.