Energy Drinks - What's the hype about?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by healthynutritionguy, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Anyone into energy drinks has found that many companies advertise their
    so-called products as "Energy Drinks". I've found that many of
    them lack for better terms energy beyond the inclusion of sugars and
    unhealthy carbs.

    So what is the hype about? Well, the truth is, we are now a society
    that is mostly passive in nature and very inactive in terms of physical
    fitness and health. People are looking for that "extra" boost in
    the mid-day to quell their "over fed" tummies from lunch. Looking
    at many restaurants' menus, very few share their calorie information
    openly. This is mostly due to their "platters" having sometimes up
    to 2000 calories for one meal, and most of them are over 1500 calories
    for one meal. The consistence of carbs in the meals render a person
    completely out of energy come 2pm...thus why people are seeking that
    "BOOST"

    I've tried several products to include Red Bull, Gatorade, Liftoff
    (Herbalife), and several others not worth mentioning. The only drinks
    that we found healthy alternatives were Red Bull and Liftoff
    (Herbalife). Both these drinks provided an uplift of energy that was
    not caused by a "sugar" rush.

    Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these was
    Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural herbs and
    vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but also with mental
    focus! How do you get mental focus out of a drink? Well, Herbalife's
    proprietary blend of ingredients actually does that.

    You will find pro volleyball athletes sponsored by this drink. Elaine
    Young for instance admits that her performance in this past summer's
    tournaments were attributed by her use of Liftoff.

    Get more information about Liftoff at:
    http://www.getliftoffnow.com/thenutrishop and
    http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_Liftoff_p/h3151.htm

    Tony
    Independent Distributor

    ..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
    Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
    http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
    ..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    healthynutritionguy wrote:

    > Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these
    > was Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural
    > herbs and vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but
    > also with mental focus! How do you get mental focus out of a
    > drink? Well, Herbalife's proprietary blend of ingredients
    > actually does that.

    No, it's caffeine. This stuff is packed with
    caffeine, which is responsible for the effects
    you feel. It's a drug effect.

    Here's a news item about the death of the founder of
    Herbalife, at age 44. Those herbs sure did him a lot
    of good!

    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

    And here's two link pages to lots of information about
    Herbalife -- information that the Herbalife salespeople
    don't want you to know:

    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    http://www.rickross.com/groups/herbalife.html

    And here's a ton of consumer complaints about Herbalife:

    http://www.ftc.gov/foia/herbalife.pdf

    Warning -- this is a 97-page PDF file.

  3. I've seen all the above web pages...none have any new information worth
    mentioning concerning Herbalife. As a matter of fact the team of
    scientists and nutritionists that are employed by Herbalife now are
    superior in many ways to the average scientist who works for other well
    known supplement companies.

    The claims made on the above website are old news.

    More importantly, Herbalife's current CEO is not like the rest, you are
    presently witnessing the rebirth of a company....

    In terms of caffeine, you are right. Liftoff has alot of caffeine in
    it, as with many other energy drinks. Ones sensitivity to that must be
    recognized. However, the product also has many other helpful
    ingredients which facilitate energy production.

    I'll also question your over-emphasis on the founder's death at age 44.
    I did not however observe any mention that his parents died young
    also...perhaps a genetic problem before anything else?

    I will mention that there has been and are still distributors who are
    bad representatives of the company's ethos. Like with any sales based
    industry...haven't you been told about a product before and promised
    that this or that will happen? Perception of these promise destroys
    the good first.

    I'm not about to give you promises, nor will I tell you Herbalife is
    the solution to all in life. But, before taking supplements from other
    companies...I would strongly recommend that you look at other
    alternatives.....Herbalife.

    Find more info on Herbalife at:

    http://www.thenutrishop.com
    http://thenutrishop.blogspot.com

    You can become an Herbalife Distributor at:
    http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_work_from_home_business_opportunity_s/25.htm

    Tony
    Independent Distributor

    ..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
    Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
    http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
    ..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

  4. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    healthynutritionguy wrote:

    > I've seen all the above web pages...none have any
    > new information worth mentioning concerning Herbalife.

    You want some newer stuff? No problem!
    Thanks for asking!

    Here's one about how easy it is to sell Herbalife:
    http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/selling_herbalife.html

    And another on the great people you'll meet:
    http://brian.carnell.com/archives/years/2002/03/000046.html

    Oooh! Lawsuit! Don't want that!
    http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/herbalawsuit.htm

    This guy doesn't seem to like Herbalife. Ask him why!
    http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/herbalifescam.html

  5. Again, nothing seems new here all several years old, I think the newest
    stuff being 2002 from what I saw. Hey we're almost 2006!

    But like I had mentioned earlier, ...