Energy Drinks - What's the hype about?

healthynutritionguy

Guest
Anyone into energy drinks has found that many companies advertise their
so-called products as "Energy Drinks". I've found that many of
them lack for better terms energy beyond the inclusion of sugars and
unhealthy carbs.

So what is the hype about? Well, the truth is, we are now a society
that is mostly passive in nature and very inactive in terms of physical
fitness and health. People are looking for that "extra" boost in
the mid-day to quell their "over fed" tummies from lunch. Looking
at many restaurants' menus, very few share their calorie information
openly. This is mostly due to their "platters" having sometimes up
to 2000 calories for one meal, and most of them are over 1500 calories
for one meal. The consistence of carbs in the meals render a person
completely out of energy come 2pm...thus why people are seeking that
"BOOST"

I've tried several products to include Red Bull, Gatorade, Liftoff
(Herbalife), and several others not worth mentioning. The only drinks
that we found healthy alternatives were Red Bull and Liftoff
(Herbalife). Both these drinks provided an uplift of energy that was
not caused by a "sugar" rush.

Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these was
Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural herbs and
vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but also with mental
focus! How do you get mental focus out of a drink? Well, Herbalife's
proprietary blend of ingredients actually does that.

You will find pro volleyball athletes sponsored by this drink. Elaine
Young for instance admits that her performance in this past summer's
tournaments were attributed by her use of Liftoff.

Get more information about Liftoff at:
http://www.getliftoffnow.com/thenutrishop and
http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_Liftoff_p/h3151.htm

Tony
Independent Distributor

..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

healthynutritionguy wrote:

> Beyond energy, some drinks provided added benefits. One of these
> was Liftoff by Herbalife. This product is packed with natural
> herbs and vitamins which not only provide one with energy, but
> also with mental focus! How do you get mental focus out of a
> drink? Well, Herbalife's proprietary blend of ingredients
> actually does that.

No, it's caffeine. This stuff is packed with
caffeine, which is responsible for the effects
you feel. It's a drug effect.

Here's a news item about the death of the founder of
Herbalife, at age 44. Those herbs sure did him a lot
of good!

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife05.html
http://www.rickross.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

And here's two link pages to lots of information about
Herbalife -- information that the Herbalife salespeople
don't want you to know:

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
http://www.rickross.com/groups/herbalife.html

And here's a ton of consumer complaints about Herbalife:

http://www.ftc.gov/foia/herbalife.pdf

Warning -- this is a 97-page PDF file.

I've seen all the above web pages...none have any new information worth
mentioning concerning Herbalife. As a matter of fact the team of
scientists and nutritionists that are employed by Herbalife now are
superior in many ways to the average scientist who works for other well
known supplement companies.

The claims made on the above website are old news.

More importantly, Herbalife's current CEO is not like the rest, you are
presently witnessing the rebirth of a company....

In terms of caffeine, you are right. Liftoff has alot of caffeine in
it, as with many other energy drinks. Ones sensitivity to that must be
recognized. However, the product also has many other helpful
ingredients which facilitate energy production.

I'll also question your over-emphasis on the founder's death at age 44.
I did not however observe any mention that his parents died young
also...perhaps a genetic problem before anything else?

I will mention that there has been and are still distributors who are
bad representatives of the company's ethos. Like with any sales based
industry...haven't you been told about a product before and promised
that this or that will happen? Perception of these promise destroys
the good first.

I'm not about to give you promises, nor will I tell you Herbalife is
the solution to all in life. But, before taking supplements from other
companies...I would strongly recommend that you look at other
alternatives.....Herbalife.

Find more info on Herbalife at:

http://www.thenutrishop.com
http://thenutrishop.blogspot.com

You can become an Herbalife Distributor at:
http://www.thenutrishop.com/Herbalife_work_from_home_business_opportunity_s/25.htm

Tony
Independent Distributor

..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.
Empowering NetMarketers Since 1998
http://www.mlmtraining.net/gencash
..=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=. .=.

healthynutritionguy wrote:

> I've seen all the above web pages...none have any
> new information worth mentioning concerning Herbalife.

You want some newer stuff? No problem!
Thanks for asking!

Here's one about how easy it is to sell Herbalife:
http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/selling_herbalife.html

And another on the great people you'll meet:
http://brian.carnell.com/archives/years/2002/03/000046.html

Oooh! Lawsuit! Don't want that!
http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/herbalawsuit.htm

This guy doesn't seem to like Herbalife. Ask him why!
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/herbalifescam.html

Again, nothing seems new here all several years old, I think the newest
stuff being 2002 from what I saw. Hey we're almost 2006!

But like I had mentioned earlier, ...
"I will mention that there has been and are still distributors
who are bad representatives of the company's ethos. Like with any
sales based industry..."haven't you been told about a product before
and promised that this or that will happen?" Perception of these
promise destroys the good first."

One distributor selling a scam doesn't make everyone, nor a company a
scam. The company is legitimate, most distributors are honest
salespeople earning an honest living. Just like any job in any
industry....only a few make it to the top and earn more than the rest.

Herbalife as a business is for some people, and definately not for all.
I think that applies to anything in life.

Regarding the sales, etc. I am at World Team status, did not purchase
ANY inventory to make it to supervisor. A few months ago, I had spoken
to an individual who was considering becoming a distributor. She had
talked to someone else (another distributor) who had recommended to her
to invest in inventory right away for a greater discount up front. She
must have fell for the trap cause I never heard from her again. I'm
completely against such an investment unless you have
1. The cash flow to support it
2. A KNOWN customer base already there for you to sell to.

This is nothing more than simple business financing.

So why do I sell Herbalife? I certainly don't have to...I have an MBA
from BU. I do it because I enjoy the interaction with others, I
believe in the products and in the company's sincere goals.

Good luck in your endeavors my friend...I have nothing more to say to
you. You have only shown that you are a disgruntled person.