Energy food question again

Gadget

Guest
A lot of people have been very helpful on my query of supplement etc. I have another question now.
Several have mentioned the benefits of raisins and unsalted peanuts. Well I love banana and so
thought about making a mix but one question. Do dried bananas contain the same properties as the
freshly peeled variety?

Many Thanks

Gadget

Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana chips??? Dried bananas - as in
those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely* but I think they may have some sugar added.
Haven't had one of those for years - come to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A lot of people have been very helpful on my query of supplement etc. I
have
> another question now. Several have mentioned the benefits of raisins and unsalted peanuts. Well I
> love banana and so thought about making a mix but one question. Do dried bananas contain the same
> properties as the freshly peeled variety?

Yes -- both taste disgusting. Fresh bananas have the added advantage of having a filthy
slimy texture.

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana chips??? Dried bananas - as
> in those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely* but I think they may have some sugar added.
> Haven't had one of those for years - come to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.

Waitrose do them (though they're not cheap) and iirc, they're pure banana.

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana chips??? Dried bananas - as
> in those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely* but I think they may have some sugar added.
> Haven't had one of those for years - come to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.

My local Waitrose has them :) But there are not many in a packet :-(

Delicious.

John B

>Yes -- both taste disgusting. Fresh bananas have the added advantage of having a filthy
>slimy texture.

Oh no. Bananas are *lovely* I adore bananas and have one with my porridge or Weetabix for breakfast.

Cue rude jokes from males of u.r.c. ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Do dried bananas contain the same properties as the freshly peeled variety?
> > >

> > No - they don't have water in them!
> >
> > Rich
>
> I knew someone had add this and strangely I'm not surprised it was you, Rich.

I'm surprised noone else said it before me!

Rich

> Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana
chips??? Banana chips. They have extra oil as well.

> Dried bananas - as in those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely*
but I
> think they may have some sugar added. Haven't had one of those for years -
come
> to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd

Thus spake "Gadget" <[email protected]>

> A lot of people have been very helpful on my query of supplement etc. I have another question now.
> Several have mentioned the benefits of raisins and unsalted peanuts. Well I love banana and so
> thought about making a mix but one question. Do dried bananas contain the same properties as the
> freshly peeled variety?

Less water but less likely to get ruined by a ride in your panniers.

Make sure you get enough water if you eat dried fruit.