Energy food question again

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, May 24, 2003.

  1. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    A lot of people have been very helpful on my query of supplement etc. I have another question now.
    Several have mentioned the benefits of raisins and unsalted peanuts. Well I love banana and so
    thought about making a mix but one question. Do dried bananas contain the same properties as the
    freshly peeled variety?

    Many Thanks

    Gadget

    Tags:

  2. Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana chips??? Dried bananas - as in
    those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely* but I think they may have some sugar added.
    Haven't had one of those for years - come to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Gadget" <Gadgetfreak_2000-NOSPAM-[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A lot of people have been very helpful on my query of supplement etc. I
    have
    > another question now. Several have mentioned the benefits of raisins and unsalted peanuts. Well I
    > love banana and so thought about making a mix but one question. Do dried bananas contain the same
    > properties as the freshly peeled variety?

    Yes -- both taste disgusting. Fresh bananas have the added advantage of having a filthy
    slimy texture.

  4. wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    > Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana chips??? Dried bananas - as
    > in those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely* but I think they may have some sugar added.
    > Haven't had one of those for years - come to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.

    Waitrose do them (though they're not cheap) and iirc, they're pure banana.

  5. John B

    John B Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana chips??? Dried bananas - as
    > in those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely* but I think they may have some sugar added.
    > Haven't had one of those for years - come to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.

    My local Waitrose has them :) But there are not many in a packet :-(

    Delicious.

    John B

  6. >Yes -- both taste disgusting. Fresh bananas have the added advantage of having a filthy
    >slimy texture.

    Oh no. Bananas are *lovely* I adore bananas and have one with my porridge or Weetabix for breakfast.

    Cue rude jokes from males of u.r.c. ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  7. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

  8. "Gadget" <Gadgetfreak_[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Do dried bananas contain the same properties as the freshly peeled variety?
    > > >

    > > No - they don't have water in them!
    > >
    > > Rich
    >
    > I knew someone had add this and strangely I'm not surprised it was you, Rich.

    I'm surprised noone else said it before me!

    Rich

  9. "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:2003052411[email protected]...
    > Don't dried ones have quite a bit of sugar added - or is that banana
    chips??? Banana chips. They have extra oil as well.

    > Dried bananas - as in those wee black things that are chewy are *lovely*
    but I
    > think they may have some sugar added. Haven't had one of those for years -
    come
    > to think of it, I haven't seen any for years.
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd

  10. Thus spake "Gadget" <[email protected]>

    > A lot of people have been very helpful on my query of supplement etc. I have another question now.
    > Several have mentioned the benefits of raisins and unsalted peanuts. Well I love banana and so
    > thought about making a mix but one question. Do dried bananas contain the same properties as the
    > freshly peeled variety?

    Less water but less likely to get ruined by a ride in your panniers.

    Make sure you get enough water if you eat dried fruit.