Engagement Chicken Recipe

T E

Guest
Heard about this recipe on our local news tonight and after debating
what to prepare for this year's Valentine's Day dinner that was fast and
simple decided to go ahead with this recipe.
My question, I was thinking of spreading fresh sage butter on the meat
and also the skin like I do with my baked turkeys or trying goose fat as
I hear the people of France prepare their's as seen on the FoodNetwork.
Looking for suggestions or should I stick to the recipe. TIA
http://us.glamour.com/features/content/?040209feco_chicken

T E wrote:
> Heard about this recipe on our local news tonight and after debating what to prepare for this
> year's Valentine's Day dinner that was fast and simple decided to go ahead with this recipe. My
> question, I was thinking of spreading fresh sage butter on the meat and also the skin like I do
> with my baked turkeys or trying goose fat as I hear the people of France prepare their's as seen
> on the FoodNetwork. Looking for suggestions or should I stick to the recipe. TIA
> http://us.glamour.com/features/content/?040209feco_chicken

Why mess with a good thing? Years ago I used to get lots of good recipes from Glamour's "Gourmet on
the Run". Haven't bought one of their mags in 20 years or more but I see they are still at it. My
advice: stick to the recipe; get adventurous later in the evening :)

Jill

jmcquown <[email protected]> wrote:
> T E wrote:
>> Heard about this recipe on our local news tonight and after debating what to prepare for this
>> year's Valentine's Day dinner that was fast and simple decided to go ahead with this recipe. My
>> question, I was thinking of spreading fresh sage butter on the meat and also the skin like I do
>> with my baked turkeys or trying goose fat as I hear the people of France prepare their's as seen
>> on the FoodNetwork. Looking for suggestions or should I stick to the recipe. TIA
>> http://us.glamour.com/features/content/?040209feco_chicken

> Why mess with a good thing? Years ago I used to get lots of good recipes from Glamour's "Gourmet
> on the Run". Haven't bought one of their mags in 20 years or more but I see they are still at it.
> My advice: stick to the recipe; get adventurous later in the evening :)

I can't see how adding some sage butter to the recipe would be a bad thing. Certainly, you
would than not be making the same recipe as the one you cited, but who cares as long as you
enjoy the result?