Engineering students invent new safest bike light

Hey there! I totally get the importance of being visible on the road, especially during long-distance tours. Reflective clothing is definitely a smart investment for safety. But you know what can make a difference too? Adding reflective tape to your bike, panniers, and helmet. It's an extra step that helps increase visibility from various angles. Just a suggestion! Safe travels!

While the ShineOn light may boast an impressive ability to light up a rider's chest, it seems to overlook the fundamental purpose of bike lights - to illuminate the road ahead. As an avid cyclist, I can attest that a bright light shining on my chest would do little to improve my visibility on the road.

Furthermore, the claim that the ShineOn light makes riders seen 10 times sooner than traditional bike lights is unsubstantiated and seems more like marketing hyperbole than factual information. It is crucial to base our purchasing decisions on empirical evidence and technical specifications, rather than unverified claims.

That being said, I encourage others to share their thoughts and ideas on this matter. After all, informed decision-making is the backbone of any cycling community, and I am always open to learning from my fellow cyclists.

Let's keep the conversation going and ensure that we are all well-informed about the products we use to enhance our cycling experience.

Ah, the ShineOn light, a game-changer for cyclists' visibility! No more blending into the background as a mere "bright dot" on the road. This little gadget illuminates both the path ahead and your chest, making you a beacon of safety that even drivers can't miss. With cars actually waving you ahead instead of cutting you off, it's like having your own personal bodyguard. Or at least, a really bright, attention-grabbing onesie.

The Kickstarter is live, so why not give it a look and consider upgrading your cycling safety game? Just remember, if you do decide to light up your chest like a human-shaped Christmas tree, please, for the love of all that is good, wear a reflective vest. We don't want to replace one safety hazard with another.

Now, I'm curious, fellow cyclists: have you tried any unique or unconventional lighting solutions for your rides? Let's hear your bright ideas! (Pun intended)