Engish forests and warm but smart jackets?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Alan Hogg, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    Paul Saunders wrote:

    >Looking on Google Earth, I think I've found a couple of landslides. What do
    >you reckon? (Not sure how best to link to these locations without adding
    >them to the Google Earth community. Anyone know?) Anyway, here are the
    >coordinates;
    >
    >"Landslide?" lat=-41.0065375269, lon=172.649905937
    >"Landslide?" lat=-41.019453512, lon=172.618932895

    Just giving the Lat Long in a format Google Earth will accept when
    pasted in is the easiest. So just give us

    >"Landslide?" lat long -41.0065375269, 172.649905937

    and we can cut the numbers and paste them in.

  2. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    Chris Gilbert wrote:

    > Agreed. Also, mountain rescue is concentrated on the trails. You are
    > required to book the hut accomodation ahead then check out af and into
    > the huts as you move along the trail. If you don't turn up at the next
    > hut then they send out the helicopter but it only looks along the trail or
    > close to it. The presumption is that if you go missing from the trail
    > then they're looking for a body rather than a live person.

    Happily, it's still only on a few of the Great Walks that are like
    that. They have resident hut wardens who will check people have booked
    and paid (or pay a premium rate if you just turn up and there's room
    available). Other huts you come and go with more freedom and anonymity
    using prepaid five dollar hut tickets in an honesty box or an annual
    hut pass. Some huts are still free.

  3. Phil Cook wrote:

    > Just giving the Lat Long in a format Google Earth will accept when
    > pasted in is the easiest. So just give us
    >
    >> "Landslide?" lat long -41.0065375269, 172.649905937

    > and we can cut the numbers and paste them in.

    Thanks Phil.

    Paul