English or Italian

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by M Series, Feb 14, 2003.

  1. M Series

    M Series Guest

    How do I know if my 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 has a Italian or English Bottom Bracket thread ?

    Tags:

  2. If Italian the right bb cup will screw off anticlockwise, if the other way, it is made by M.le Frog,
    or M.le Rosbif.

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    M Series wrote:
    > How do I know if my 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 has a Italian or English Bottom Bracket thread ?

    If fitted with a Campag BB, it may be marked with arrows.

    Either try removing or fitting a BB, or measure shell width and see:
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html#bottom

    ~PB

  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > How do I know if my 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 has a Italian or English Bottom Bracket thread ?

    Er.....if it goes forward when you pedal forwards it's english, if it goes backwards...no, no...stop
    it!!!...mustn't!!! ..Sorry...I'll get me bike. ;-)

  5. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    > "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > How do I know if my 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 has a Italian or English Bottom Bracket thread ?
    > >
    > Er.....if it goes forward when you pedal forwards it's english, if it goes backwards...no,
    > no...stop it!!!...mustn't!!! ..Sorry...I'll get me bike. ;-)

    Ho alcuni amici italiani. Li aiuteranno a trovare il vostro cappotto.
    :)

  6. If the bike has hair under the chainstays then it's Italian.

  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > How do I know if my 1989 Peugeot Triathlon 531 has a Italian or
    English
    > > > Bottom Bracket thread ?
    > > >
    > > Er.....if it goes forward when you pedal forwards it's english, if it
    goes
    > > backwards...no, no...stop it!!!...mustn't!!! ..Sorry...I'll get me bike. ;-)
    > >

    > Ho alcuni amici italiani. Li aiuteranno a trovare il vostro cappotto.
    > :)

    Nope, sorry Smudger. As well as a patheic sense of humour, I also have no linguistic
    abilities....after 40 odd years I'm just starting to get to grips with English (using rather than
    understanding ) ......or as a guy at work used to say.... English, in English...everyone knows
    English is God's own language...must be, the Bible's in English and everyone knows the Bible's the
    word of God.....no point in learning anything else. cheers, Dave.