"enhanced" OLN evening coverage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mark, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Can someone tell me what exactly is "enhanced" about the evening rebroadcast of the day's stage?
    I'll be recording the live broadcasts this week and wonder what I'll miss if I tape that way. I
    don't get home until after the evening show is mostly over anyway, so I could tape the later showing
    if it was better. Last year they claimed the same "enhanced" showing in the evening and the only
    "enhancement" seemed to be that it was edited.

    And isn't it odd that the "pre-race" show is only shown on the taped rebroadcasts later in the day?

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. Fred Marx

    Fred Marx Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > Can someone tell me what exactly is "enhanced" about the evening rebroadcast of the day's stage?
    > I'll be recording the live broadcasts this week and wonder what I'll miss if I tape that way. I
    > don't get home until after the evening show is mostly over anyway, so I could tape the later
    > showing if it was better. Last year they claimed the same "enhanced" showing in the evening and
    > the only "enhancement" seemed to be that it was edited.
    >
    > And isn't it odd that the "pre-race" show is only shown on the taped rebroadcasts later in
    > the day?
    >
    > Mark.
    you miss about 25-30 minutes of commercials judging by tonights coverage...

  3. On 7/7/03 12:39 AM, in article [email protected], "Fred Marx"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Mark wrote:
    >
    >> Can someone tell me what exactly is "enhanced" about the evening rebroadcast of the day's stage?
    >> I'll be recording the live broadcasts this week and wonder what I'll miss if I tape that way. I
    >> don't get home until after the evening show is mostly over anyway, so I could tape the later
    >> showing if it was better. Last year they claimed the same "enhanced" showing in the evening and
    >> the only "enhancement" seemed to be that it was edited.
    >>
    >> And isn't it odd that the "pre-race" show is only shown on the taped rebroadcasts later in
    >> the day?
    >>
    >> Mark.
    > you miss about 25-30 minutes of commercials judging by tonights coverage...

    You get more of Posey's profiles, plus Frankie's tech reports and rider interviews ... And a more
    consistent program length (3-hours).

    I've decided to tape the evening coverage instead of the live coverage, except for the major
    mountain stages.

  4. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    Here in Canada the evening coverage is exactly the same as the morning. I ride my Cyclops for entire
    stage coverage.

    I hope to lose a few pounds this months.