Enough to make me want a SS

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Simon, Jan 27, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for a bit of fun. It looks
    >>(in my opinion) damn sexy!
    >>
    >>http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    >>http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    >

    > Pretty.

    This is the wallpaper for one of my terminals at work:
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/graphics/ooo_f/cleotalkL.jpg

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for
    > >>bit of fun. It looks (in my opinion) damn sexy!
    > >>
    > >>http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    > >>http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    > >

    > > Pretty.
    >
    > This is the wallpaper for one of my terminals at work:
    > http://www.on-one.co.uk/graphics/ooo_f/cleotalkL.jpg

    Pretty too. Excentric BB?

    Shaun aRe

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>This is the wallpaper for one of my terminals at work:
    >>http://www.on-one.co.uk/graphics/ooo_f/cleotalkL.jpg
    >

    > Pretty too. Excentric BB?

    Aye. It's lovely, it's got an EBB and it's got discs </swoon>

    Just received all the bits that I ordered. A fun evening of wrenching awaits. Obviously, the 90
    minutes of German study I've got first will ruin it, but things can only get better...

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>This is the wallpaper for one of my terminals at work:
    > >>http://www.on-one.co.uk/graphics/ooo_f/cleotalkL.jpg
    > >

    > > Pretty too. Excentric BB?
    >
    > Aye. It's lovely, it's got an EBB and it's got discs </swoon>

    Heheheheh - I even know the exact tone you thought that line in. Swoon indeed - you didn't take the
    excentric feedline!

    > Just received all the bits that I ordered. A fun evening of wrenching awaits.

    Cool! I spent Friday evening and Saturday morning finishing building that drum I started last year -
    it's fuckin' _ace_! I want to show it to everyone. Even fetched it into work today, and played it at
    lunch time. It sounds _fantastic_! I want to go out and slaughter goats now, so I can make loads
    more. Making stuff is _ace_! ',;~}

    > Obviously, the 90 minutes of German study I've got first will ruin it, but things can only get
    > better...

    Well, needless to say, that _sucks_.

    Shaun aRe

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>>Pretty too. Excentric BB?
    >>
    >>Aye. It's lovely, it's got an EBB and it's got discs </swoon>
    >

    > Heheheheh - I even know the exact tone you thought that line in. Swoon indeed - you didn't take
    > the excentric feedline!

    What, you mean the fact that you spelt it incorrectly, or that I should have answered, 'No, he just
    lives in Idaho by choice'?

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for a bit of fun. It looks
    > (in my opinion) damn sexy!
    >
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    >
    > Simon......Slaying the bandwidth ogres!

    I'd bet the only thing you slay is anyone within 5 feet of you, you halitosis-ridden media fed hype
    monger. Everyone knows the Ritchie Blackmore is the be all to end all of singlespeeds.

    JD

  9. Simon wrote:
    > Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for a bit of fun. It looks
    > (in my opinion) damn sexy!
    >
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    >
    > Simon......Slaying the bandwidth ogres!

    > ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***

    Two cables/hoses on that entire bike, and he can't even bother to trim them? Heh, he'll learn the
    first time he catches one on something and rips it right out...

    Jon "Commander" Bond

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:49:22 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for a bit of fun. It looks (in
    >my opinion) damn sexy!
    >
    >http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    >http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    >
    >Simon......Slaying the bandwidth ogres!

    Nice, one caught my eye before I decided on the Biatch....GO For it! Not so sure about the
    Eccentric BB.

    Have fun, Bill

    :-]

  11. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Nice, one caught my eye before I decided on the Biatch....GO For it! Not so sure about the
    > Eccentric BB.

    And I would say you're an expert in eccentricity. ;^)

    Mike

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    bomba wrote:

    > What, you mean the fact that you spelt it incorrectly, or that I should have answered, 'No, he
    > just lives in Idaho by choice'?

    Actually, I think that should be Oregon.

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for
    > > bit of fun. It looks (in my opinion) damn sexy!
    > >
    > > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    > > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    > >
    > > Simon......Slaying the bandwidth ogres!
    >
    > I'd bet the only thing you slay is anyone within 5 feet of you, you halitosis-ridden media fed
    > hype monger. Everyone knows the Ritchie Blackmore is the be all to end all of singlespeeds.

    And that JD is the be all to end all of stuck records?

    Shaun aRe

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > >>Aye. It's lovely, it's got an EBB and it's got discs </swoon>
    > >

    > > Heheheheh - I even know the exact tone you thought that line in. Swoon indeed - you didn't take
    > > the excentric feedline!
    >
    > What, you mean the fact that you spelt it incorrectly, or that I should have answered, 'No, he
    > just lives in Idaho by choice'?

    Heheheheh - both! But...ahbuggrit!

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  15. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Now this is something that could encourage me to ride a single speed for a bit of fun. It looks
    > (in my opinion) damn sexy!
    >
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65520
    > http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=65519
    >
    > Simon......Slaying the bandwidth ogres!

    You could hang a big old basket of flowers from all that cabling on front, but the bike is cool. If
    you get to live in Idaho, (or Oregon), and get to ride a SS, how can you possibly stay humble?

    Paladin

  16. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

  17. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    supabonbon wrote:

    > That's a sweet DeKerf! What are those stickers on it, though?

    I'd not really noticed the similarity before. Still, I guess if you're making a steel HT...
    www.on-one.co.uk