Enough with the OT politics!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Steve Christens, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Enough!

    Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a political NG?

    If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you disagree - just let it
    go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything, and by now it only
    looks as if you are doing it for your ego.

    Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

    Tags:

  2. Ben Eadie

    Ben Eadie Guest

    I second that!

    "Steve Christensen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Enough!
    >
    > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics
    take it
    > to a political NG?
    >
    > If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which
    you
    > disagree - just let it go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of
    > anything, and by now it only looks as if you are doing
    it for
    > your ego.
    >
    > Let it go, or take it elsewhere.
    >
    > Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  3. This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a small few each time. You just
    cannot talk sense into a bullheaded minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who does not
    give a tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of recumbent

    Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must dispel it somehow. ;-)

    Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered bicycle morsels.

    Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

    Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Enough!
    >
    > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
    > political NG?
    >
    > If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you disagree - just let it
    > go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything, and by now it only
    > looks as if you are doing it for your ego.
    >
    > Let it go, or take it elsewhere.
    >
    > Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a political NG?

    What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  5. Howard

    Howard Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
    >>political NG?
    >
    > What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    > http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

    Sooner or later you'd think these guys would get tired of landing their black helicopters on each
    other's grassy knolls, wouldn't you.

  6. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Steve Christensen wrote:

    > Enough!
    >
    > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
    > political NG?

    Why not mention the person who started the thread? The flame war was going one for several days
    before I posted anything to it.

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

    "Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

  7. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Enough!
    >
    > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
    > political NG?
    >
    > If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you disagree - just let it
    > go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything, and by now it only
    > looks as if you are doing it for your ego.
    >
    > Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

    Steve, I think there are only about two (2) threads out of the first 25 that are currently being
    devoted to OT. That seems about right to me. Mr. Sherman likes to post in bits and pieces and so it
    seems like more if you are using strictly a newsreader. To get the proper perspective you need to
    look at the Google web page. Almost all of the threads are recumbent related, and that is the way I
    like it too. But the fact is that there is a small minority of us who do enjoy OT and as long as we
    do not dominate the threads I do not see what the objection is. Proportion is everything - on Usenet
    as in life.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  8. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a small few each time. You just
    > cannot talk sense into a bullheaded minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who does not
    > give a tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of recumbent
    >
    > Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must dispel it somehow. ;-)
    >
    > Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered bicycle morsels.
    >
    > Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

    As night follows the day we get these jerks who can't stand a bit of OT posting which normally only
    involves a couple of threads. Is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this to me? If
    you can't navigate your newsreader, then for heaven's sake, go to the Google web page where it is a
    total no brainer. However, my take on it is that these complainers actually find our OT posts about
    the most interesting thing on ARBR and are ashamed of themselves for not being able to compete for
    readers to their own pitiful posts.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  9. Perry Butler

    Perry Butler Guest

    Steve,

    I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's face it, Ed has diarrhea of
    the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume does
    not make up for quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word. Insecure!

    Tom on the other hand has quickly lost respect, I preceive, of many on this group. He used to throw
    in quick barbs and quickly retreat laughing, but Ed now has him by the balls! Before, I may not have
    always agreed with what Tom said, but I enjoyed the way he said it. The question is: "Is Tom
    intelligent enough to get out of this and back to recumbent riding?"

    And don't forget Freewheeling! Ed has his balls too! Ed had his balls so tight that Freewheeling
    killfiled him.

    A few years ago I watched as Mikey V killed the MTB group. I hope this doesn't happen here. Many
    people have left this group because of Ed. Ed doesn't have a clue!

    Perry B - Minnesota

    "Steve Christensen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Enough!
    >
    > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics
    take it
    > to a political NG?
    >
    > If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which
    you
    > disagree - just let it go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of
    > anything, and by now it only looks as if you are doing
    it for
    > your ego.
    >
    > Let it go, or take it elsewhere.
    >
    > Steve Christensen Midland, MI

  10. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Steve,
    >
    > I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's face it, Ed has diarrhea
    > of the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume
    > does not make up for quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word. Insecure!

    Right, Perry, you didn't have a problem with this newsgroup because you enjoyed those liberal rants
    that were prevalent on this news group before I showed up. Tom has never yet said anything remotely
    intelligent, but it speaks volumes that you think so. You are most likely a typical Minnesota
    liberal, one of the lowest species of Americans that I know of. I wish to God you and your ilk would
    move to Massachusetts. Frankly, I am ashamed to be from Minnesota because of liberals like you.

    > Tom on the other hand has quickly lost respect, I perceive, of many on this group. He used to
    > throw in quick barbs and quickly retreat laughing, but Ed now has him by the balls! Before, I may
    > not have always agreed with what Tom said, but I enjoyed the way he said it. The question is: "Is
    > Tom intelligent enough to get out of this and back to recumbent riding?"
    >
    > And don't forget Freewheeling! Ed has his balls too! Ed had his balls so tight that Freewheeling
    > killfiled him.

    No, Freewheeling is more intelligent than you. He has not kill filed me because I have a knack
    for saying intelligent things and he respects that. It is only the numbskull's who have kill
    filed me. Please note that Mr. Sherman has not yet kill filed me, although I will bet that he has
    thought about it. Yes, I suspect Mr. Sherman has lost some respect on this newsgroup because he
    now has to contend with me and I am not an easy person to answer to. He can no longer pontificate
    like he used to.

    > A few years ago I watched as Mikey V killed the MTB group. I hope this doesn't happen here. Many
    > people have left this group because of Ed. Ed doesn't have a clue!

    Screw these wimpy jackasses! If they want to leave, good riddance. I will hold everyone accountable
    for what they say on this newsgroup and everyone can also hold me accountable for whatever I say. If
    you want to be stroked by your fellow man I suggest you go to your local social club where everyone
    is making an attempt to be nice and goody. That sort of scene disgusts me, but maybe it is right up
    your alley.

    Why haven't you noticed that there are others on this newsgroup (GeoB and Freewheeling) who enjoy OT
    and that there is a stimulating discussion going on. Even Mr. Sherman can't stay away from it. You
    need to get some intellectual stimulation in your life and who knows, maybe some day you can
    contribute something to the discussion yourself.

    However, I do agree with most on this newsgroup that OT should be limited. I do not want OT to take
    over the newsgroup. After all, I am here for the recumbent information the same as everyone else. I
    cannot see for the life of me why others like yourself cannot see OT as a sort of dividend to ARBR.
    If it is not enjoyable for you, then stay away from it. Most threads once they get going are easily
    identified for what they are. They don't even have to be labeled OT, although they should be so
    labeled. I can spot in a second what posts I want to read, what posts I want to respond to and what
    posts I want to totally ignore. Can't you?

    Yes, I have a clue to ARBR better than you. I didn't spend my life in the bowels of great university
    libraries without picking up a clue or two. As I have stated over and over again in previous posts,
    I am here to check all the liberal rants and raves that infested this newsgroup before I showed up.
    All I ever want for this newsgroup is fair and balanced opinions.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  11. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    > Steve Christensen wrote:
    >
    > > Enough!
    > >
    > > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
    > > political NG?
    >
    > Why not mention the person who started the thread? The flame war was going on for several days
    > before I posted anything to it.

    Forget it Tom. The fact is that both you and I enjoy these OT threads as do several others (GeoB and
    Freewheeling). We have as much right to be here as any others. They can either read us or not. Let
    us stop making apologies and excuses to these nuts and screwballs who don't like us. Hell, I don't
    like them much either. From now on I am going to treat all these complainers with the contempt they
    so sorely deserve. I have lost all patience with them.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  12. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Steve,
    >
    > I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's face it, Ed has diarrhea
    > of the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume
    > does not make up for quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word. Insecure!

    Actually, I am one of the most secure persons in this world as I have never given a damn about what
    people think of me (we hermits are like this). However it only seems like I am getting the last word
    because I am contesting for that honor (?) with Mr. Sherman. I do not see any reason why he should
    ALWAYS get the last word, and so I hang in there sometimes longer than I should.

    By the way, I have noticed that others on this newsgroup seem to have a very constipated vocabulary,
    as if words were in short supply. One needs to use enough words to get one's thought across.
    Slightly too many words is far better than slightly too few words. But I edit myself so as to get it
    right I hope.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  13. Jack Davis

    Jack Davis Guest

    "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a small few each time. You
    > > just cannot talk sense into a bullheaded minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who
    > > does not give a tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of recumbent
    > >
    > > Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must dispel it somehow. ;-)
    > >
    > > Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered bicycle morsels.
    > >
    > > Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.
    > >
    > > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.
    >
    > As night follows the day we get these jerks who can't stand a bit of OT posting which normally
    > only involves a couple of threads. Is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this to
    > me? If you can't navigate your newsreader, then for heaven's sake, go to the Google web page where
    > it is a total no brainer. However, my take on it is that these complainers actually find our OT
    > posts about the most interesting thing on ARBR and are ashamed of themselves for not being able to
    > compete for readers to their own pitiful posts.
    >
    > Ed Dolan - Minnesota

    "...compete for readers..." ??? When are the awards handed out?

    jd

  14. Freewheeling

    Freewheeling Guest

    "What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)"

    Liberal, pinko, Marxisant, Fascist, Nazi, Illiberal, Leftist, Anti-establishment, Globalist, Anti-
    Globalist subversive... with a headache.

    --
    --Scott
    > On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics
    take it
    > >to a political NG?
    >
    > What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    > http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  15. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Enough!

    <snip>

    Steve: I can sympathize. I got sucked in a few times, but mostly I just ignore--Doltan especially.
    What I suggest is spending more time over on the BROL discussion groups--great board, moderated so
    psychos like Doltan get chucked. It's a great site, really. Pure recumbents.

    Cheers,

    Scott

  16. Now the term is Lie-beral. I saw it on Fox News.

    "Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)"
    >
    > Liberal, pinko, Marxisant, Fascist, Nazi, Illiberal, Leftist, Anti-establishment, Globalist, Anti-
    > Globalist subversive... with a
    headache.

    > --
    > --Scott "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT
    politics
    > take it
    > > >to a political NG?
    > >
    > > What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)
    > >
    > > Guy
    > > ===
    > > May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    > > http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  17. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Jack Davis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Z%PRb.34579$P%[email protected]>...

    > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    [...]

    > > As night follows the day we get these jerks who can't stand a bit of OT posting which normally
    > > only involves a couple of threads. Is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this
    > > to me? If you can't navigate your newsreader, then for heaven's sake, go to the Google web page
    > > where it is a total no brainer. However, my take on it is that these complainers actually find
    > > our OT posts about the most interesting thing on ARBR and are ashamed of themselves for not
    > > being able to compete for readers to their own pitiful posts.
    > >
    > > Ed Dolan - Minnesota
    >

    > "...compete for readers..." ??? When are the awards handed out?
    >
    > jd

    I am assuming of course that everyone who posts to this newsgroup, including you, wants to be read,
    and to be read by more than one other person. Otherwise why do it? If you only want to be read by
    one other person, then of course email is the way to go.

    I always very much enjoy seeing who is going to respond to me and exactly what they have picked out
    of my post that they want to respond to. For instance, I could never have predicted that someone
    would pick up on "...compete for readers...". It interests me that you did.

    The only awards I know about are the number and quality of respsonses that one gets to whatever one
    posts. That is an award enough for me.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  18. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    [email protected] (Scott) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<bv5u[email protected]>...

    > > Enough!
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Steve: I can sympathize. I got sucked in a few times, but mostly I just ignore--Doltan especially.
    > What I suggest is spending more time over on the BROL discussion groups--great board, moderated so
    > psychos like Doltan get chucked. It's a great site, really. Pure recumbents.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Scott

    Anyone here but me ever notice how the <snip> 'ers have got to have everything their own way or else
    they take their marbles and go home. At least if they would shut up about it it wouldn't be so bad,
    but no, they have got to keep complaining like cry babies and try to recruit others to their ranks.
    I do not know for the life of me why these types are on any newsgroup in the first place. I ask once
    again for the second time, is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this to me?

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  19. "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Scott) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone here but me ever notice how the <snip> 'ers have got to have everything their own way or
    > else they take their marbles and go home. At least if they would shut up about it it wouldn't be
    > so bad, but no, they have got to keep complaining like cry babies and try to recruit others to
    > their ranks. I do not know for the life of me why these types are on any newsgroup in the first
    > place. I ask once again for the second time, is there a psychologist in the house who could
    > explain this to me?

    Hey Statler - the Muppet show has ended. You can go home now.

  20. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    "Robert Haston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Now the term is Lie-beral. I saw it on Fox News.

    I see that Fox News is now referring to Palestinian suicide bombers as homicide bombers. I have been
    calling them that from the beginning. Amazing how I and Fox News can get it right and everyone else
    can get it wrong. Apparently it all depends on your agenda which way you express yourself. Words
    matter however. How we use words determines how we think about things.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota