Enough with the OT politics!

Steve Christens

Guest
Enough!

Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a political NG?

If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you disagree - just let it
go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything, and by now it only
looks as if you are doing it for your ego.

Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

Steve Christensen Midland, MI

I second that!

"Steve Christensen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Enough!
>
> Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics
take it
> to a political NG?
>
> If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which
you
> disagree - just let it go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of
> anything, and by now it only looks as if you are doing
it for
> your ego.
>
> Let it go, or take it elsewhere.
>
> Steve Christensen Midland, MI

This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a small few each time. You just
cannot talk sense into a bullheaded minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who does not
give a tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of recumbent

Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must dispel it somehow. ;-)

Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered bicycle morsels.

Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Enough!
>
> Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
> political NG?
>
> If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you disagree - just let it
> go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything, and by now it only
> looks as if you are doing it for your ego.
>
> Let it go, or take it elsewhere.
>
> Steve Christensen Midland, MI

On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a political NG?

What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
>>political NG?
>
> What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)
>
> Guy
> ===
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Sooner or later you'd think these guys would get tired of landing their black helicopters on each
other's grassy knolls, wouldn't you.

Steve Christensen wrote:

> Enough!
>
> Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
> political NG?

Why not mention the person who started the thread? The flame war was going one for several days
before I posted anything to it.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

"Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Enough!
>
> Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
> political NG?
>
> If someone writes something politically stupid or offensive, with which you disagree - just let it
> go. You aren't going to win, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything, and by now it only
> looks as if you are doing it for your ego.
>
> Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

Steve, I think there are only about two (2) threads out of the first 25 that are currently being
devoted to OT. That seems about right to me. Mr. Sherman likes to post in bits and pieces and so it
seems like more if you are using strictly a newsreader. To get the proper perspective you need to
look at the Google web page. Almost all of the threads are recumbent related, and that is the way I
like it too. But the fact is that there is a small minority of us who do enjoy OT and as long as we
do not dominate the threads I do not see what the objection is. Proportion is everything - on Usenet
as in life.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a small few each time. You just
> cannot talk sense into a bullheaded minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who does not
> give a tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of recumbent
>
> Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must dispel it somehow. ;-)
>
> Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered bicycle morsels.
>
> Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.
>
> Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

As night follows the day we get these jerks who can't stand a bit of OT posting which normally only
involves a couple of threads. Is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this to me? If
you can't navigate your newsreader, then for heaven's sake, go to the Google web page where it is a
total no brainer. However, my take on it is that these complainers actually find our OT posts about
the most interesting thing on ARBR and are ashamed of themselves for not being able to compete for
readers to their own pitiful posts.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Steve,

I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's face it, Ed has diarrhea of
the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume does
not make up for quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word. Insecure!

Tom on the other hand has quickly lost respect, I preceive, of many on this group. He used to throw
in quick barbs and quickly retreat laughing, but Ed now has him by the balls! Before, I may not have
always agreed with what Tom said, but I enjoyed the way he said it. The question is: "Is Tom
intelligent enough to get out of this and back to recumbent riding?"

And don't forget Freewheeling! Ed has his balls too! Ed had his balls so tight that Freewheeling
killfiled him.

A few years ago I watched as Mikey V killed the MTB group. I hope this doesn't happen here. Many
people have left this group because of Ed. Ed doesn't have a clue!

Perry B - Minnesota

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Steve,
>
> I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's face it, Ed has diarrhea
> of the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume
> does not make up for quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word. Insecure!

Right, Perry, you didn't have a problem with this newsgroup because you enjoyed those liberal rants
that were prevalent on this news group before I showed up. Tom has never yet said anything remotely
intelligent, but it speaks volumes that you think so. You are most likely a typical Minnesota
liberal, one of the lowest species of Americans that I know of. I wish to God you and your ilk would
move to Massachusetts. Frankly, I am ashamed to be from Minnesota because of liberals like you.

> Tom on the other hand has quickly lost respect, I perceive, of many on this group. He used to
> throw in quick barbs and quickly retreat laughing, but Ed now has him by the balls! Before, I may
> not have always agreed with what Tom said, but I enjoyed the way he said it. The question is: "Is
> Tom intelligent enough to get out of this and back to recumbent riding?"
>
> And don't forget Freewheeling! Ed has his balls too! Ed had his balls so tight that Freewheeling
> killfiled him.

No, Freewheeling is more intelligent than you. He has not kill filed me because I have a knack
for saying intelligent things and he respects that. It is only the numbskull's who have kill
filed me. Please note that Mr. Sherman has not yet kill filed me, although I will bet that he has
thought about it. Yes, I suspect Mr. Sherman has lost some respect on this newsgroup because he
now has to contend with me and I am not an easy person to answer to. He can no longer pontificate
like he used to.

> A few years ago I watched as Mikey V killed the MTB group. I hope this doesn't happen here. Many
> people have left this group because of Ed. Ed doesn't have a clue!

Screw these wimpy jackasses! If they want to leave, good riddance. I will hold everyone accountable
for what they say on this newsgroup and everyone can also hold me accountable for whatever I say. If
you want to be stroked by your fellow man I suggest you go to your local social club where everyone
is making an attempt to be nice and goody. That sort of scene disgusts me, but maybe it is right up
your alley.

Why haven't you noticed that there are others on this newsgroup (GeoB and Freewheeling) who enjoy OT
and that there is a stimulating discussion going on. Even Mr. Sherman can't stay away from it. You
need to get some intellectual stimulation in your life and who knows, maybe some day you can
contribute something to the discussion yourself.

However, I do agree with most on this newsgroup that OT should be limited. I do not want OT to take
over the newsgroup. After all, I am here for the recumbent information the same as everyone else. I
cannot see for the life of me why others like yourself cannot see OT as a sort of dividend to ARBR.
If it is not enjoyable for you, then stay away from it. Most threads once they get going are easily
identified for what they are. They don't even have to be labeled OT, although they should be so
labeled. I can spot in a second what posts I want to read, what posts I want to respond to and what
posts I want to totally ignore. Can't you?

Yes, I have a clue to ARBR better than you. I didn't spend my life in the bowels of great university
libraries without picking up a clue or two. As I have stated over and over again in previous posts,
I am here to check all the liberal rants and raves that infested this newsgroup before I showed up.
All I ever want for this newsgroup is fair and balanced opinions.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Steve Christensen wrote:
>
> > Enough!
> >
> > Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics take it to a
> > political NG?
>
> Why not mention the person who started the thread? The flame war was going on for several days
> before I posted anything to it.

Forget it Tom. The fact is that both you and I enjoy these OT threads as do several others (GeoB and
Freewheeling). We have as much right to be here as any others. They can either read us or not. Let
us stop making apologies and excuses to these nuts and screwballs who don't like us. Hell, I don't
like them much either. From now on I am going to treat all these complainers with the contempt they
so sorely deserve. I have lost all patience with them.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Steve,
>
> I don't remember having a problem until Ed Dolan joined the group. Let's face it, Ed has diarrhea
> of the mouth! It takes Ed 50 words to say what Tom can intelligently say in short sentence. Volume
> does not make up for quality. And, have you noticed Ed ALWAYS has to have the last word. Insecure!

Actually, I am one of the most secure persons in this world as I have never given a damn about what
people think of me (we hermits are like this). However it only seems like I am getting the last word
because I am contesting for that honor (?) with Mr. Sherman. I do not see any reason why he should
ALWAYS get the last word, and so I hang in there sometimes longer than I should.

By the way, I have noticed that others on this newsgroup seem to have a very constipated vocabulary,
as if words were in short supply. One needs to use enough words to get one's thought across.
Slightly too many words is far better than slightly too few words. But I edit myself so as to get it
right I hope.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > This goes over, over and over; and pleas to stop it are ignored by a small few each time. You
> > just cannot talk sense into a bullheaded minority 'bent' to make it miserable for everyone who
> > does not give a tinkers damn about OT screw ups. And I thought the bent was part of recumbent
> >
> > Must be very uncomfy dispelling all that gas... yap yap yap.. must dispel it somehow. ;-)
> >
> > Meanwhile, the sane few must pick and plod for the human powered bicycle morsels.
> >
> > Good luck stopping the OT insanity, I tried but couldn't slow it down.
> >
> > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.
>
> As night follows the day we get these jerks who can't stand a bit of OT posting which normally
> only involves a couple of threads. Is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this to
> me? If you can't navigate your newsreader, then for heaven's sake, go to the Google web page where
> it is a total no brainer. However, my take on it is that these complainers actually find our OT
> posts about the most interesting thing on ARBR and are ashamed of themselves for not being able to
> compete for readers to their own pitiful posts.
>
> Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"...compete for readers..." ??? When are the awards handed out?

jd

"What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)"

Liberal, pinko, Marxisant, Fascist, Nazi, Illiberal, Leftist, Anti-establishment, Globalist, Anti-
Globalist subversive... with a headache.

--
--Scott
> On 27 Jan 2004 07:05:46 -0800, Steve Christensen
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Would Dolan, and Sherman, and anyone else who wants to argue OT politics
take it
> >to a political NG?
>
> What are you, some kind of liberal pinko commie subversive? ;-)
>
> Guy
> ===
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Enough!

<snip>

Steve: I can sympathize. I got sucked in a few times, but mostly I just ignore--Doltan especially.
What I suggest is spending more time over on the BROL discussion groups--great board, moderated so
psychos like Doltan get chucked. It's a great site, really. Pure recumbents.

Cheers,

Scott

Now the term is Lie-beral. I saw it on Fox News.

news:[email protected]...

"Jack Davis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Z%PRb.34579$P%[email protected]>...

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]

> > As night follows the day we get these jerks who can't stand a bit of OT posting which normally
> > only involves a couple of threads. Is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this
> > to me? If you can't navigate your newsreader, then for heaven's sake, go to the Google web page
> > where it is a total no brainer. However, my take on it is that these complainers actually find
> > our OT posts about the most interesting thing on ARBR and are ashamed of themselves for not
> > being able to compete for readers to their own pitiful posts.
> >
> > Ed Dolan - Minnesota
>

> "...compete for readers..." ??? When are the awards handed out?
>
> jd

I am assuming of course that everyone who posts to this newsgroup, including you, wants to be read,
and to be read by more than one other person. Otherwise why do it? If you only want to be read by
one other person, then of course email is the way to go.

I always very much enjoy seeing who is going to respond to me and exactly what they have picked out
of my post that they want to respond to. For instance, I could never have predicted that someone
would pick up on "...compete for readers...". It interests me that you did.

The only awards I know about are the number and quality of respsonses that one gets to whatever one
posts. That is an award enough for me.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Scott) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Steve Christensen <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> > Enough!
>
> <snip>
>
> Steve: I can sympathize. I got sucked in a few times, but mostly I just ignore--Doltan especially.
> What I suggest is spending more time over on the BROL discussion groups--great board, moderated so
> psychos like Doltan get chucked. It's a great site, really. Pure recumbents.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott

Anyone here but me ever notice how the <snip> 'ers have got to have everything their own way or else
they take their marbles and go home. At least if they would shut up about it it wouldn't be so bad,
but no, they have got to keep complaining like cry babies and try to recruit others to their ranks.
I do not know for the life of me why these types are on any newsgroup in the first place. I ask once
again for the second time, is there a psychologist in the house who could explain this to me?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Scott) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone here but me ever notice how the <snip> 'ers have got to have everything their own way or
> else they take their marbles and go home. At least if they would shut up about it it wouldn't be
> so bad, but no, they have got to keep complaining like cry babies and try to recruit others to
> their ranks. I do not know for the life of me why these types are on any newsgroup in the first
> place. I ask once again for the second time, is there a psychologist in the house who could
> explain this to me?

Hey Statler - the Muppet show has ended. You can go home now.

"Robert Haston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Now the term is Lie-beral. I saw it on Fox News.

I see that Fox News is now referring to Palestinian suicide bombers as homicide bombers. I have been
calling them that from the beginning. Amazing how I and Fox News can get it right and everyone else
can get it wrong. Apparently it all depends on your agenda which way you express yourself. Words
matter however. How we use words determines how we think about things.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota