Entire Peleton Relocates to Spain

A good news for Fuentes business, he could growth his factory and recruit some new technicians!

How many tests are carried out at night?? I've followed the news and articles about doping for quite a time now and can't recall reading about a rider being tested at night. Of course it doesn't mean that some one wouldn't have been tested but it shows that it's not that widespread. IMO the effect of 24h testing is that you can never be sure that you aren't tested if you take a dose now. This spanish policy basically means that a rider is safe to take a dose at 11pm if the PED in question doesn't show in your body for longer thatn 9 hours.

Is anyone thinking about recovery? Rafael Nadal who protests 24h testing is probably very happy that he can take certain PEDs for recovery every night after training...

I refuse to believe that any spanish athlete, no matter what age or what sport, is clean as long as they approve this kind of **** and continue to deny investigations into the Puerto case!

RdBiker said:
How many tests are carried out at night?? I've followed the news and articles about doping for quite a time now and can't recall reading about a rider being tested at night. Of course it doesn't mean that some one wouldn't have been tested but it shows that it's not that widespread. IMO the effect of 24h testing is that you can never be sure that you aren't tested if you take a dose now. This spanish policy basically means that a rider is safe to take a dose at 11pm if the PED in question doesn't show in your body for longer thatn 9 hours.

Is anyone thinking about recovery? Rafael Nadal who protests 24h testing is probably very happy that he can take certain PEDs for recovery every night after training...

I refuse to believe that any spanish athlete, no matter what age or what sport, is clean as long as they approve this kind of **** and continue to deny investigations into the Puerto case!
I think you're right, probably not many tests are carried out at night, although, didn't the Lampre team get visited one night at a training camp and half the team were out at a restaurant/nightclub? The policy is an appeasement to dopers and not an attempt to protect athletes' privacy. Nadal protests too much, most likely has too much to hide, and can now keep it hidden under cover of darkness when he's at home in Spain. Does this now mean that all Spanish athletes will be inelligible for Olympic competition?

one would think wada would have to banish the athletes from competition if they are to maintain even the pretense of a level playing field.

slovakguy said:
one would think wada would have to banish the athletes from competition if they are to maintain even the pretense of a level playing field.
+1

Athletes who were in Spanish for more than 1 day in Spania outside competition should respect a 3 month bans! ;):D