Entry Level Bike For Tall Guy

nyknicks4412

Jun 21, 2012
Hello everyone...I am new around here but hopefully I will be around for a long time to come. After a bad foot injury that has prevented me from returning to competitive basketball I am looking to enter another sport. Cycling seems like a good fit because I used to love to ride when I was younger and it is much lower impact. My issue is I am quite tall so finding a bike has been difficult.

My price range is probably about < $1500. If someone can recommend a size/brand that would be a good fit for the dimensions below that would be great! Thanks a ton.

All measurements are in inches...

Inseam: 36.5
Trunk: 26.5
Forearm: 16
Arm: 29.5
Thigh: 24.5
Lower Leg: 24
Sternal Notch: 64
Total Body Height: 79

I was thinking a bike in the 64cm range would be sufficient. I know sitting on bikes and testing them is the most important thing but most shops I have been too said they would need to custom order for me so thats not quite in the cards.

Mayve a giant boulder se xxl? I have seen those bikes and they are quite large. They are only about 400 dollars,so they are fairly cheap. I have had one for many years and they are as solid as a rock.i hope you find a bike that fits you!:)