Ephedra versus Ephedrine

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Beach Runner, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    What is the difference between them.

    I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.

    Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    Tags:

  2. Beach Runner wrote:

    > What is the difference between them.

    Search the archives.
    http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights

    > I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    > it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    > never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >
    > Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    > need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    Ephedra supplements are not. There are other fat burners available.

  3. On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:20:53 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What is the difference between them.
    >
    >I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    >it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    >never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >
    >Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    >need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    Sure, we got lots. Send me money, I send you some. Simple.

  4. On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:41:07 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    >Sure, we got lots. Send me money, I send you some. Simple.

    Are you going to tell him about the all expense paid 5 to 10 year
    vacation he'll get courtesy of the government?

  5. QX

    QX Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:20:53 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What is the difference between them.
    >
    >I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    >it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    >never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >
    >Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    >need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    Go to: http://www.ephedra.com/ for sources.

  6. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    QX wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:20:53 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>What is the difference between them.
    >>
    >>I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    >>it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    >>never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >>
    >>Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    >>need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    > Go to: http://www.ephedra.com/ for sources.

    Thanks for the information. The references to go to the archives and
    legality were outdated. I appreciate it. VERY interesting. I had it
    was legalized again, but I still don't see it at Wallgreens.

    I still don't understand the difference between ephedra and ephedrine.

  7. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    QX wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:20:53 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>What is the difference between them.
    >>
    >>I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    >>it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    >>never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >>
    >>Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    >>need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    > Go to: http://www.ephedra.com/ for sources.

    Thanks much. No legal problems. Still not in Wallgreens. Still would
    like to understand the difference between ephedrine versus ephedra.

  8. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Beach Runner" <[email protected]> wrote
    > QX wrote:
    >> Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>What is the difference between them.
    >>>I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with it.
    >>>Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was never
    >>>a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >>>Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I need
    >>>to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    >> Go to: http://www.ephedra.com/ for sources.

    > Thanks much. No legal problems. Still not in Wallgreens. Still would like
    > to understand the difference between ephedrine versus ephedra.

    Ephedra is an herbal extract containing various amounts of various
    alkaloids. Ephedrine sulphate or ephedrine hydrochloride are pharmaceuticals
    with exact amounts of one alkaloid.

    David

  9. JMW

    JMW Guest

    Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    >QX wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:20:53 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>What is the difference between them.
    >>>
    >>>I loved Ephedra for running and working out. Never had a problem with
    >>>it. Considering my pulse was in the 40s. My pharmacist said there was
    >>>never a problem except for people that had pre-existing heart problems.
    >>>
    >>>Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    >>>need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    >> Go to: http://www.ephedra.com/ for sources.
    >>

    >Thanks for the information. The references to go to the archives and
    >legality were outdated. I appreciate it. VERY interesting. I had it
    >was legalized again, but I still don't see it at Wallgreens.
    >
    >I still don't understand the difference between ephedra and ephedrine.

    You don't understand the difference because someone sent you to a web
    site for commercial hype.

    Ephedra is an herbal substance that contains multiple ephedra
    alkaloids, including a few familiar OTC drugs like pseudoephedrine
    (Sudafed®) and phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim®), in addition to its
    ephedrine content. The amounts of those components vary broadly from
    plant to plant, and thus, the content of herbal ephedra is not very
    predictable. Ephedrine is an OTC pharmaceutical drug that is
    regulated by the FDA and has been for decades. The FDA banned ephedra
    as a dietary supplement; that ban had no effect on ephedrine.

    And how can the references in the "archives" (Google Groups) be
    "outdated"? I have referred to the above numerous times before:

    http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/7227f62fc4b1a77a?hl=en&
    http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/52d95bc412a5e488?hl=en&
    http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/e0c9ff3c245c94f2?hl=en&
    http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/5c211517a5ec697f?hl=en&

    The difference between ephedra and ephedrine has not changed.

    --

    No puppies were harmed during the posting of this
    message. Any similarity of identities defamed to

  10. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    Beach Runner <[email protected]> writes:
    > Thanks much. No legal problems. Still not in Wallgreens.

    Our local supermarket has ephedrine, in the form of Primatine tablets.

  11. RoidsPus wrote:
    > netcopper wrote:

    >>> Knocked out of working out for a few years because of a car wreck, I
    >>>need to lose weight again. Is Ephedra available?

    >>Sure, we got lots. Send me money, I send you some. Simple.

    > Are you going to tell him about the all expense paid 5 to 10 year
    > vacation he'll get courtesy of the government?

    The feds only made it illegal to sell ephedra supplements,
    not taking them.

    http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2004/NEW01050.html

  12. On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 02:28:06 GMT, Jeff Finlayson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The feds only made it illegal to sell ephedra supplements,
    >not taking them.

    That's what we WANT you think...

  13. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    JMW wrote:

    > Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>QX wrote:

    >>>Go to: http://www.ephedra.com/ for sources.
    >>>

    >>Thanks for the information. The references to go to the archives and
    >>legality were outdated. I appreciate it. VERY interesting. I had it
    >>was legalized again, but I still don't see it at Wallgreens.
    >>
    >>I still don't understand the difference between ephedra and ephedrine.

    > You don't understand the difference because someone sent you to a web
    > site for commercial hype.
    >
    > Ephedra is an herbal substance that contains multiple ephedra
    > alkaloids, including a few familiar OTC drugs like pseudoephedrine
    > (Sudafed®) and phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim®), in addition to its
    > ephedrine content. The amounts of those components vary broadly from
    > plant to plant, and thus, the content of herbal ephedra is not very
    > predictable. Ephedrine is an OTC pharmaceutical drug that is
    > regulated by the FDA and has been for decades. The FDA banned ephedra
    > as a dietary supplement; that ban had no effect on ephedrine.
    >
    > And how can the references in the "archives" (Google Groups) be
    > "outdated"? I have referred to the above numerous times before:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/7227f62fc4b1a77a?hl=en&
    > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/52d95bc412a5e488?hl=en&
    > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/e0c9ff3c245c94f2?hl=en&
    > http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/5c211517a5ec697f?hl=en&
    >
    > The difference between ephedra and ephedrine has not changed.

    OK. Some folks are saying it's still illegal, other point to a case
    where it was legalized.