Ephedrine linked to fattie fatality

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Amit, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Murray

    Jason Murray Guest

    Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0218/1510772.html
    >>
    >> This time they linked ephedrine.
    >>
    >> fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat.
    >>
    >> -Amit

    > Just because someone dies that isn't a sklinny little shit, doesn't mean you have to be
    > disrespectful. Show some class.

    You're right. heat+exercise-water-food = dead

    His weight, ephedrine, whether he had sex the night before, have nothing to do with it.

    > Danny Callen

    --

    +---
    | Jason Murray, P.Eng.
    +---
    | It's my world. You're just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
    +--- Oran Juice Jones
     


  2. "Jason Murray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Amit <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0218/1510772.html
    >
    > > This time they linked ephedrine.
    >
    > > fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure fatfuck+heat+exercise-rehydration would do it just fine. No need to slander the
    > ephedrine. No everyone is going to be like "Oh he we on that bad ephedrine stuff, he would have
    > been fine otherwise." No, he died of heat stroke.

    Which ephedra company do you own stock in?
     
  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    > +---
    > | Jason Murray, P.Eng.
    > +---
    > | The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised
    > | community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or
    > | moral, is not a sufficient warrant. He cannot rightfully be compelled to do or forbear because
    > | it will be better for him to do so, because it will make him happier, because, in the opinions
    > | of others, to do so would be wise, or even right.

    How about because his family/Jesse Jackson, etc. will SUE the government because THEY were
    responsible for his behavior??


    These are good reasons for remonstrating with him, or reasoning
    > | with him, or persuading him, or entreating him, but not for compelling him, or visiting him with
    > | any evil in case he do otherwise. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is
    > | sovereign.
    > +--- John Stuart Mill
     
  4. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > >
    > > > > > fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > -Amit
    > > > >
    > > > > That pitcher was no fat-f*ck either.
    > > > >
    > > > > You're perfect Amit! (or else in a bad mood)
    > > > >
    > > > > -Ken
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > According an AP story,
    > > >
    > > > "The 6-foot-2 Bechler had battled a weight problem since joining the
    > > Orioles
    > > > organization and weighed 249 pounds Friday, 10 pounds above his listed weight. Struggling with
    > > > his conditioning, he was unable to complete
    > > running
    > > > drills Saturday and was scolded by manager Mike Hargrove.
    > > >
    > > > Teammate Matt Riley said Bechler later acknowledged he had failed to
    > train
    > > > properly during the offseason."
    > > >
    > > > Where's your source, Ken?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se. It's about disrespect. How
    > > would you feel if you were one of his family and
    > read
    > > that post. Here we go with our "Holier than thou" atititude. What makes
    a
    > > bunch of wannabe cyclists think they have the world by the balls because they're ":underweight".
    > > It makes no sense to me and really tugs my
    short
    > > hairs.
    > >
    > > I think we've had this argument before but "real" atheletes don't act
    > this
    > > way. The death of an athelete is at least a time to show a little class, isn't it?
    > >
    >
    > No I'm not missing your point. I do have empathy for the poor guy and his family and I'm not
    > trying to disparage him. I think it is a sad,
    unfortunate
    > tragedy but can hopefully be a lesson that others can learn from. But my point wasn't about that;
    > it was simply to show Ken that he actually did
    have
    > a weight problem. That's all.

    So even if he does have a weight problem, maybe 30 lbs overweight, still gives Amit the right to
    totally denigrate him?

    Amit can say what he wants but it sure gives on whole new light on A's psyche (not perfect and not
    all-knowing).
     
  5. Jason Murray

    Jason Murray Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Jason Murray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Amit <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> > http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0218/1510772.html
    >>
    >> > This time they linked ephedrine.
    >>
    >> > fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat.
    >>
    >> I'm pretty sure fatfuck+heat+exercise-rehydration would do it just fine. No need to slander the
    >> ephedrine. No everyone is going to be like "Oh he we on that bad ephedrine stuff, he would have
    >> been fine otherwise." No, he died of heat stroke.

    > Which ephedra company do you own stock in?

    None, I've used in the past without untoward side effects. A lot of people claim ephedrine is this
    big killer supplement. Show me the studies and I'll gladly eat my words. Until then I support it's
    intelligent use.

    +---
    | Jason Murray, P.Eng.
    +---
    | The only thing more expensive than hiring a professional, is not hiring a professional.
    +---
     
  6. "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se. It's about disrespect. How
    > > would you feel if you were one of his family and
    read
    > > that post. Here we go with our "Holier than thou" atititude. What makes
    a
    > > bunch of wannabe cyclists think they have the world by the balls because they're ":underweight".
    > > It makes no sense to me and really tugs my
    short
    > > hairs.

    Very few cyclists are underweight. Older cyclists gain the unneccessary-but-culturally-accepted 2
    lbs/year just like the rest of the overweight american population.

    > Ok, ok. I was a callous in the way I posted this, since this was a young pitcher I'd never heard
    > of. FWIW, the guy was heavy (BMI over
    > 30). The only reason I posted this was because I know I lot of cyclists do use ephedrine. Often
    > the people who do take ephedrine are the people it can be the worst for.

    The only thing that you may have done wrong is use the phrase "dead meat".

    The dude was fat (ie. a fattie). His teammates and manager have essentially said the same thing
    although they do wax poetic about how he loved to "play the game". Dude just didn't like preparing
    in the offseason for it. Fattie.
     
  7. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:06:39 -0500, "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Fair enough. I didn't like the tone of the original post but I do believe it is worth noting the
    >dangers of Ephedrine..

    Yeah, it'll kill you if you run yourself into the ground in hot weather with insufficient
    fluid intake.

    Because no one ever died of heatstroke before ephedrine.

    --
    Scott Johnson "There is nothing, I think, more unfortunate than to have soft, chubby, fat-looking
    children who go to watch their school play basketball every Saturday and regard that as their week's
    exercise."
    - John F. Kennedy, 1962
     
  8. Mike Murray

    Mike Murray Guest

    "Jason Murray" <[email protected]> wrote: "Show me the studies and I'll gladly eat my words.
    Until then I support it's intelligent use."

    This should be easy:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
    ds=11795249&dopt=Abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
    ds=11117974&dopt=Abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
    ds=8772203&dopt=Abstract

    There are many more.

    --
    Mike Murray
     
  9. Jason Murray <[email protected]> writes:

    > Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Jason Murray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> Amit <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> > http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0218/1510772.html
    > >>
    > >> > This time they linked ephedrine.
    > >>
    > >> > fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat.
    > >>
    > >> I'm pretty sure fatfuck+heat+exercise-rehydration would do it just fine. No need to slander the
    > >> ephedrine. No everyone is going to be like "Oh he we on that bad ephedrine stuff, he would have
    > >> been fine otherwise." No, he died of heat stroke.
    >
    > > Which ephedra company do you own stock in?
    >
    >
    > None, I've used in the past without untoward side effects. A lot of people claim ephedrine is this
    > big killer supplement. Show me the studies and I'll gladly eat my words. Until then I support it's
    > intelligent use.

    http://metabolife-injury.info/

    -Gerard
     
  10. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    More likely they will find heat+exercise-water-food+cocaine use = death. There is a lot of cocaine
    use among young professional athletes with large incomes. One of the distinctive symptoms is death
    from heart problems brought on by cocaine use.

    "Jason Murray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0218/1510772.html
    > >>
    > >> This time they linked ephedrine.
    > >>
    > >> fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat.
    > >>
    > >> -Amit
    >
    > > Just because someone dies that isn't a sklinny little shit,
    doesn't mean you
    > > have to be disrespectful. Show some class.
    >
    > You're right. heat+exercise-water-food = dead
    >
    > His weight, ephedrine, whether he had sex the night before, have
    nothing
    > to do with it.
    >
    > > Danny Callen
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > +---
    > | Jason Murray, P.Eng.
    > +---
    > | It's my world. You're just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
    > +--- Oran Juice Jones
     
  11. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se.
    It's
    > > > about disrespect. How would you feel if you were one of his family and
    > read
    > > > that post. Here we go with our "Holier than thou" atititude. What
    makes
    > a
    > > > bunch of wannabe cyclists think they have the world by the balls
    because
    > > > they're ":underweight". It makes no sense to me and really tugs my
    > short
    > > > hairs.
    >
    >
    > Very few cyclists are underweight. Older cyclists gain the unneccessary-but-culturally-accepted 2
    > lbs/year just like the rest of the overweight american population.
    >
    >
    > > Ok, ok. I was a callous in the way I posted this, since this was a young pitcher I'd never heard
    > > of. FWIW, the guy was heavy (BMI over
    > > 30). The only reason I posted this was because I know I lot of cyclists do use ephedrine. Often
    > > the people who do take ephedrine are the people it can be the worst for.
    >
    >
    >
    > The only thing that you may have done wrong is use the phrase "dead meat".
    >
    >
    > The dude was fat (ie. a fattie). His teammates and manager have
    essentially
    > said the same thing although they do wax poetic about how he loved to
    "play
    > the game". Dude just didn't like preparing in the offseason for it.
    Fattie.
    >
    >

    Henry,

    Just because it may be true doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful. I know you're not that
    clueless. I'm not an expert on Ephedrine and have no idea if it was that or his weight which lead
    to his UNTIMELY death. At least Amit is mature enough to admit he may have been callous. Why is it
    so hard to show some class? Is that why you hide behind that "new" name?

    Danny Callen
     
  12. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

    --------------080401050203080000060002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

    Freedom of speech

    ronde chimp wrote:

    >On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:47:45 -0500, "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se. It's about disrespect.
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Yeah! Show some respect for the fat fuck for Christ's sake.
    >
    >Sheesh. Some people...
    >
    >Thanks, Ronde Chimp
    >
    >

    --------------080401050203080000060002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta
    http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title> </head> <body>
    Freedom of speech<br> <br> ronde chimp wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
    cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:47:45
    -0500, "Danny Callen" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote: </pre> <blockquote
    type="cite"> <pre wrap="">Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se. It's
    about disrespect. </pre> </blockquote> <pre wrap=""><!----> Yeah! Show some respect for the fat fuck
    for Christ's sake.

    Sheesh. Some people...

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp </pre> </blockquote> <br> </body> </html>

    --------------080401050203080000060002--
     
  13. "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > >
    > > > > > That pitcher was no fat-f*ck either.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > You're perfect Amit! (or else in a bad mood)
    > > > > >
    > > > > > -Ken
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > According an AP story,
    > > > >
    > > > > "The 6-foot-2 Bechler had battled a weight problem since joining the
    > > > Orioles
    > > > > organization and weighed 249 pounds Friday, 10 pounds above his
    listed
    > > > > weight. Struggling with his conditioning, he was unable to complete
    > > > running
    > > > > drills Saturday and was scolded by manager Mike Hargrove.
    > > > >
    > > > > Teammate Matt Riley said Bechler later acknowledged he had failed to
    > > train
    > > > > properly during the offseason."
    > > > >
    > > > > Where's your source, Ken?
    > >
    > > No I'm not missing your point. I do have empathy for the poor guy and
    his
    > > family and I'm not trying to disparage him. I think it is a sad,
    > unfortunate
    > > tragedy but can hopefully be a lesson that others can learn from. But my point wasn't about
    > > that; it was simply to show Ken that he actually did
    > have
    > > a weight problem. That's all.
    >
    > So even if he does have a weight problem, maybe 30 lbs overweight, still gives Amit the right to
    > totally denigrate him?
    >

    Ken,

    Nowhere in my posts have I either supported or condemned the tone of what Amit originally said. As
    my second post said, my initial post was in response to your claim that he wasn't fat. Do you still
    maintain that he wasn't overweight? Unless you do, you have no issue with me. Your issue is with
    Amit's original post, which he has already apologized about.
     
  14. "Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > No I'm not missing your point. I do have empathy for the poor guy and
    his
    > > family and I'm not trying to disparage him. I think it is a sad,
    unfortunate
    > > tragedy but can hopefully be a lesson that others can learn from. But my point wasn't about
    > > that; it was simply to show Ken that he actually did
    have
    > > a weight problem. That's all.
    >
    > I think the original post did miss a certain point. That point being the loss of life of a young
    > man, who had not even hit the prime of his life. The original post was disparaging to the person
    > who died. And the title of this thread is disrespectful (Ephedrine linked to fattie fatality). A
    > better title might have been "Ephedrine linked to fatality". Think of it in a flip-flop situation
    > and if it had been a brother or a son of yours. Would you want to read about someone calling your
    > now dead brother/son the following: fatfuck+heat+exercise+ephedrine --> some dead meat. That's
    > just cold and wrong. Have a little respect will you.
    >
    > Tom

    Since I am not the OP, why are you telling me?
     
  15. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C2D85A.2A7BD510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

    I can't believe I'm responding to this..

    What is your point? Libel, slander, freedom of speech, and CLASS don't = necessarily have anything
    to do with eachother.=20

    Danny Callen

    "Cycling Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]...
    Freedom of speech

    ------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C2D85A.2A7BD510 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type = content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    5.50.4807.2300" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can't believe I'm responding to=20 this..</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What is your point? Libel, slander, = freedom of=20 speech, and
    CLASS don't necessarily have anything to do with eachother.=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Danny Callen</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
    PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DX>"Cycling Joe" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote
    = in message=20 <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]<= /A>...</DIV>Freedom=20 of
    speech<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C2D85A.2A7BD510--
     
  16. "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > Just because it may be true doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful. I know you're not that
    > clueless. I'm not an expert on Ephedrine and have no idea if it was that or his weight which lead
    > to his UNTIMELY death. At
    least
    > Amit is mature enough to admit he may have been callous. Why is it so hard to show some class? Is
    > that why you hide behind that "new" name?

    I see nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade (fat). Fattieness seems to have been a major
    contributing factor in his death, ie. not eating for 2 days and taking ephedra in an attempt to
    lose weight.

    If the dude had stayed in shape during the off-season he wouldn't have to resort to such desperate
    measures to try to make the big league club.

    BTW, this is a newsgroup about bicycles racing, a sport. No one here knows that dude, therefore we
    discuss the sporting aspect of that situation. His manager and teamates commented on his lack of
    fitness (and overweightness) also and they are people who actually knew him (unlike you or anyone
    else here).
     
  17. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]
    >
    > "Ken Papai" wrote in message
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > That pitcher was no fat-f*ck either.
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > You're perfect Amit! (or else in a bad mood)
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > -Ken
    > > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > According an AP story,
    > > > > >

    > > > No I'm not missing your point. I do have empathy for the poor guy and
    > his
    > > > family and I'm not trying to disparage him. I think it is a sad,
    > > unfortunate
    > > > tragedy but can hopefully be a lesson that others can learn from. But
    my
    > > > point wasn't about that; it was simply to show Ken that he actually
    did
    > > have
    > > > a weight problem. That's all.
    > >
    > > So even if he does have a weight problem, maybe 30 lbs overweight, still gives Amit the right to
    > > totally denigrate him?
    >
    > Ken, Nowhere in my posts have I either supported or condemned the tone of what Amit originally
    > said. As my second post said, my initial post was in response to your claim that he wasn't fat. Do
    > you still maintain that he wasn't overweight? Unless you do, you have no issue with me. Your issue
    > is with Amit's original post, which he has already apologized about.

    From what I've read (and seeing video of him throwing the ball) he was 30-40 lbs overweight.

    I've no issue with you, just shocked Amit was so uncouth.

    -Ken
     
  18. Round Lump

    Round Lump Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se. It's about disrespect. How
    > > would you feel if you were one of his family and
    > read
    > > that post. Here we go with our "Holier than thou" atititude. What makes
    a
    > > bunch of wannabe cyclists think they have the world by the balls because they're ":underweight".
    > > It makes no sense to me and really tugs my
    short
    > > hairs.
    > >
    > > I think we've had this argument before but "real" atheletes don't act
    > this
    > > way. The death of an athelete is at least a time to show a little class, isn't it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Tell that to the press and the medical examiner.
    >
    >
    > http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/5209186.htm
    >

    so, if others do not show any class, it justifies your lack of class?
     
  19. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C2D85D.8F0F06C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

    Lighten up Danny. I didn't much care for the "fattie" stuff myself but = there is a certain point
    about a young athlete (well, I'm not really = sure that you can call football and baseball players
    athletes) dying = from heat stroke.

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... I can't believe I'm responding to this..

    What is your point? Libel, slander, freedom of speech, and CLASS don't = necessarily have anything
    to do with eachother.=20

    Danny Callen

    "Cycling Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]...
    Freedom of speech

    ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C2D85D.8F0F06C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type = content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lighten up Danny. I didn't much care = for the=20 "fattie" stuff
    myself but there is a certain point about a young athlete = (well,=20 I'm not really sure that
    you can call football and baseball players = athletes)=20 dying from heat stroke.</FONT></DIV>
    <DV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DVI>"Danny Callen" <<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> = wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]=
    .atl.mindspring.net</A>...</DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can't believe I'm responding to=20 this..</FONT></DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What is your point? Libel, slander, = freedom of=20 speech, and
    CLASS don't necessarily have anything to do with = eachother.=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Danny Callen</FONT></DIV>
    <DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
    PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DXIII>"Cycling Joe" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> =
    wrote in=20 message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]<= /A>...</DIV>Freedom=20 of
    speech<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C2D85D.8F0F06C0--
     
  20. "Round Lump" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    >
    > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Your missing the point Carl. It's not about him being 'fat' per se.
    It's
    > > > about disrespect. How would you feel if you were one of his family and
    > > read
    > > > that post. Here we go with our "Holier than thou" atititude. What
    makes
    > a
    > > > bunch of wannabe cyclists think they have the world by the balls
    because
    > > > they're ":underweight". It makes no sense to me and really tugs my
    > short
    > > > hairs.
    > > >
    > > > I think we've had this argument before but "real" atheletes don't act
    > > this
    > > > way. The death of an athelete is at least a time to show a little
    class,
    > > > isn't it?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Tell that to the press and the medical examiner.
    > >
    > >
    > > http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/5209186.htm
    > >
    >
    > so, if others do not show any class, it justifies your lack of class?

    If the dude's friends and family were part of this group, it would be that, but IMO there is nothing
    wrong with discussing his mistakes objectively.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...