Ephedrine linked to fattie fatality

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C2D8B3.D7E3C790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Damn it Tom! There's like 5 feet of snow in my front yard! Cabin fever = stresses me out !!!=20

Danny Callen "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... Lighten up Danny. I didn't much
care for the "fattie" stuff myself but = there is a certain point about a young athlete (well,
I'm not really = sure that you can call football and baseball players athletes) dying = from
heat stroke.

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... I can't believe I'm responding to this..

What is your point? Libel, slander, freedom of speech, and CLASS = don't necessarily have
anything to do with eachother.=20

Danny Callen

"Cycling Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]...
Freedom of speech

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C2D8B3.D7E3C790 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type = content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1> <META content=3D"MSHTML
5.50.4807.2300" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Damn it Tom! There's like 5 feet of = snow in my=20 front yard!
Cabin fever stresses me out !!! </FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> Danny Callen</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DVII>"Tom Kunich" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>
= wrote in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">ne=
ws:[email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lighten up Danny. I didn't much care = for the=20 "fattie"
stuff myself but there is a certain point about a young = athlete=20 (well, I'm not really
sure that you can call football and baseball = players=20 athletes) dying from heat
stroke.</FONT></DIV>
<DIX> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DX>"Danny Callen" <<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> = wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:b31cv4$964$1@slb9=
.atl.mindspring.net</A>...</DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can't believe I'm responding to=20 this..</FONT></DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What is your point? Libel, slander, = freedom of=20 speech,
and CLASS don't necessarily have anything to do with = eachother.=20 </FONT></DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Danny Callen</FONT></DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid;
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DXVII>"Cycling Joe" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>
= wrote in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]<= /A>...</DIV>Freedom=20 of
= speech<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C2D8B3.D7E3C790--

>"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I can't believe I'm responding to this..

>What is your point? Libel, slander, freedom of speech, and CLASS don't necessarily have anything to
>do with eachother.

You Fattie Apologists have your head up your ass.

The dude's family and friends don't read this newsgroup. The Dead Guy's teamates were saying that
the workout wasn't very strenous and it wasn't very hot out.

Given that, talking about the ephedrine in his system and his fat conditioning is quite legitimate
in rbr considering that ephedrine is a commonly used performance enhancer in cycling.

BTW, two laps in the summer practice crit is probably more strenuous than a BASEBALL "workout".

I have a suspicion at what ails you here. Deep down inside, you're worried that the next time you
jack up on ephedra while carrying your 20 extra lbs. and ride the next local glory Crit, the heat
stroke victim could be you. That's just a suspicion though, nothing more.

K. Gringioni exposer of the Master Fattie druggies

> >"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >I can't believe I'm responding to this..
>
> >What is your point? Libel, slander, freedom of speech, and CLASS don't necessarily have anything
> >to do with eachother.
>

> You Fattie Apologists have your head up your ass.
>
> The dude's family and friends don't read this newsgroup. The Dead Guy's teamates were saying that
> the workout wasn't very strenous and it wasn't very hot out.
>
> Given that, talking about the ephedrine in his system and his fat conditioning is quite legitimate
> in rbr considering that ephedrine is a commonly used performance enhancer in cycling.
>
> BTW, two laps in the summer practice crit is probably more strenuous than
> BASEBALL "workout".
>

> I have a suspicion at what ails you here. Deep down inside, you're worried that the next time you
> jack up on ephedra while carrying your 20 extra
lbs.
> and ride the next local glory Crit, the heat stroke victim could be you. That's just a suspicion
> though, nothing more.
>

> K. Gringioni exposer of the Master Fattie druggies

I was ready to accept your point of view until you went all ignorant on me. You don't need to go
there, Henry because I know you're not stupid or ignorant. I'm not concerned with my situation as
unlike you I'm not a wannabe and am perfectly happy with where I am and don't need any performance
enhancements or weight loss remedies. I also do not need to denegrate or humilate anyone to make
myself look important. You do have the ability to hold an intelligent conversation and whether I
disagree or not, I can accept your point of view if expressed intelligently.

I really wish you and others on this newsgroup could put forth an intelligent argument without
resorting to igmnorant barbs. It is the reason why the qulaity of this newsgroup keeps going down.
I hope you fel good abput yourself as your maturity level is shining brightly.

Danny Callen exposer of childish rants to cover up intelligent conversation

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> I was ready to accept your point of view until you went all ignorant on
me.
> You don't need to go there, Henry because I know you're not stupid or ignorant. I'm not concerned
> with my situation as unlike you I'm not a wannabe and am perfectly happy with where I am and don't
> need any performance enhancements or weight loss remedies. I also do not need to denegrate or
> humilate anyone to make myself look important. You do have
the
> ability to hold an intelligent conversation and whether I disagree or not,
> can accept your point of view if expressed intelligently.
>
> I really wish you and others on this newsgroup could put forth an
> intelligent argument without resorting to igmnorant barbs. It is the
reason
> why the qulaity of this newsgroup keeps going down. I hope you fel good abput yourself as your
> maturity level is shining brightly.
>
> Danny Callen exposer of childish rants to cover up intelligent conversation

Like I said, it's just a suspicion.

People usually don't get upset about smack unless it somehow applies to them.

n. Gringioni Leader of the Masters Fatties

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I was ready to accept your point of view until you went all ignorant on
> me.
> > You don't need to go there, Henry because I know you're not stupid or ignorant. I'm not
> > concerned with my situation as unlike you I'm not a wannabe and am perfectly happy with where I
> > am and don't need any performance enhancements or weight loss remedies. I also do not need to
> > denegrate or humilate anyone to make myself look important. You do have
> the
> > ability to hold an intelligent conversation and whether I disagree or not,
> > can accept your point of view if expressed intelligently.
> >
> > I really wish you and others on this newsgroup could put forth an
> > intelligent argument without resorting to igmnorant barbs. It is the
> reason
> > why the qulaity of this newsgroup keeps going down. I hope you fel good abput yourself as your
> > maturity level is shining brightly.
> >
> > Danny Callen exposer of childish rants to cover up intelligent conversation
>

> Like I said, it's just a suspicion.
>

> People usually don't get upset about smack unless it somehow applies to them.
>

> K. Gringioni Leader of the Masters Fatties

people could be getting upset by your stupidity...just a hunch

"Mike Murray" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xNQ4a.167997$tq4.4828@sccrnsc01...

> "Jason Murray" <[email protected]> wrote: "Show me the studies and I'll gladly eat my words.
> Until then I support
it's

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
> ds=11795249&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
> ds=11117974&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
> ds=8772203&dopt=Abstract
>
> There are many more.
>

> --
> Mike Murray

Mike,

Blah, blah, blah. Those abstracts are riddled with terms such as: incompletely defined;
circumstantial evidence; may be associated with. The fact of the matter is that ephedra has NEVER
been proven to be THE cause of death in a single human being. Most of the fatality examples have a
lot of other, more serious things going against them. Dehydration, alcohol use, heat
stroke/exhaustion.

Ephedra has a long, well-documented history of safety and efficacy. It is a very effective weight
loss agent. I think therein lies the sensationalism that surrounds these cases. Yes, there is a
plot. No drug manufacturer makes a weight loss agent that is as effective and safe as ephedra. This
seriously cuts into their profits. And make no mistake, the pharmaceutical lobby is VERY powerful.

The FDA should also consider banning the drug that causes the following side effects:

Damage to the lining of your stomach, prolonged bleeding time, wheezing, breathlessness, ringing in
the ears, hearing loss, chronic catarrh & runny nose, headache, confusion, nausea, vomiting, GI
upset, GI bleeding, ulcers, rash, allergic reactions, hives, bruising, abnormal liver function
tests, liver damage, and hepatitis, kidney damage, severe metabolic derangements, respiratory and
central nervous system effects, strokes, fatal hemorrhages of the brain, spleen, liver, intestines &
lungs, macular degeneration.

This drug and it's relatives are responsible for nearly 8,000 deaths every year. I'm talking about
ASPIRIN and related NSAIDS. And they are not even the worst of the FDA sanctioned poisons.

The most sensationalist tabloids are claiming 100 ephedra related deaths per year.

I think Jason meant "Show me the studies that, CONCLUSIVELY RELATE EPHEDRA USE TO SERIOUS HEALTH
RISKS, and I'll gladly eat my words".

Rick