Epic adventures in hungary

Our little group of friends decided to repeat the cycling and wine tasting tours around the lake Balaton in 2016! Both tours in 2015 were successful: much fun, exciting programs, good company and excellent wines. If you like our idea, come and join us! New friends are always welcome. This is not a venture, we make no profit, we just share the costs.

But we will arrange also daytrips in and around Budapest, So if you visit Hungary at any time, feel free to contact us and we can have a nice ride together or we can help you in arranging your bike tour in Hungary.

If you are interested, contact me here or on my private email address: [email protected]

Is there a set time to apply? I'm in Germany and I wanted to ride around the Europe for a while now and I wouldn't mind seeing Hungary. When the fairer weather comes though, I don't like cycling through snow :D

Seems awesome! As far as things stand now, it should fit my timeline just right.

Is there a set date to apply? My schedule is still a little iffy during the summer and I don't actually know if I'll be able to join you since I have a really big move planned. Right now, everything is going according to plan and I should be available, but who knows what can happen until summer.

Ok. So we are planning a beach tour around the lake between June 22 and 26. It means that hopefully the weather will be good enough for exploring the beautiful beaches of the lake and swim once or twice a day. And we will cycle around the lake again between August 24 and 28 to visit all three of its wine regions and see (and hopefully also make) the wine harvest. During both tours we arrange wine tastings every night and visit various natural and cultural sights as well like a thermal lake, an underground lake, a bird sanctuary, castles, watermill and we also plan to close with a short sailing trip on the lake. We don't mean this as a sport event but rather as a cultural holiday. Does it sound good enough for you? :)
We'll make these tours anyway. So actually it is enough to apply let's say two weeks earlier. What can concern that we rent a minibus for the luggage during the day and for the transport to the evening programs and it has a capacity of nine people. It limits the size of our group. :)

Sweet! I've saved your e-mail and memorized June 1st in my calendar to let you know if I'll be coming. This sounds way too awesome to miss.

Our little group of friends decided to repeat the cycling and wine tasting tours around the lake Balaton in 2016! Both tours in 2015 were successful: much fun, exciting programs, good company and excellent wines. If you like our idea, come and join us! New friends are always welcome. This is not a venture, we make no profit, we just share the costs.

But we will arrange also daytrips in and around Budapest, So if you visit Hungary at any time, feel free to contact us and we can have a nice ride together or we can help you in arranging your bike tour in Hungary.

If you are interested, contact me here or on my private email address: [email protected]

I'm reliably informed that Budapest - Buda or Pest for that matter - is a really beautiful location. Family and friends have visited your country and they all recommend visiting Budapest.

Reactions: steve
My humble advice:
  • Stay as far away from Budapest when cycling - a magnificent city but not cycling friendly [although cycling paths are common]. Many other hungarian cities are not friendly either.
  • So are plenty of the main roads, stay as far from them as possible. Shoulders do not exist in Hungary :-(
  • Balaton area is beautiful but do not settle with the lake alone, plenty of nearby beautiful hills and towns.