Epic hooky snow ride yesterday.

P E T E F A G E

Guest
Tons of snow at 7500' and no dust after the night's precip.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1905.jpg

10,000'+ of brutal climbing.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1903.jpg

Mostly smooth buff trails.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1917.jpg

Photo comparison. Perspective is everything.

Looks pretty flat, except for his ass hanging over the tire.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1927.jpg

Another angle.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1922.jpg

Good smooth flowy trail.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1930.jpg

Pick a line.

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1933.jpg

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:08:25 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dang it, I was supposed to be driving up there right now! Hopefully
next
>year.
>
>Did ya shoot any vid?

No video. We just wanted to ride which is why there are so few pictures. Luckily Mike flated right
at the top of the Karpiel waterfall/Dog Bone area and we had some time to play.

Oh, and my video camera died an untimely death and its replacement is just being released so no
video for a bit anyway.

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:08:25 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Dang it, I was supposed to be driving up there right now! Hopefully
> next
> >year.
> >
> >Did ya shoot any vid?
>
> No video. We just wanted to ride which is why there are so few pictures. Luckily Mike flated right
> at the top of the Karpiel waterfall/Dog Bone area and we had some time to play.

What, no yestubes?

Bill "no system's PERFECT" S.

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 02:42:27 GMT, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> No video. We just wanted to ride which is why there are so few pictures. Luckily Mike flated
>> right at the top of the Karpiel waterfall/Dog Bone area and we had some time to play.
>
>What, no yestubes?

He was using some cheap knock-ofs of Yestuubes. Probably made in Taiwan by child labor.

He got what he deserved.

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tons of snow at 7500' and no dust after the night's precip.
>

> Looks pretty flat, except for his ass hanging over the tire.
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1927.jpg
>
> Another angle.
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/ns/DSCN1922.jpg

Pete,

These two reminded me of a post Isabel ride I made the other day. A stretch of trail along a river
here was washed out and it actually made it better. When the soil washed out it left a field of
rocks and boulders about 100 yards long. It is truely "un-fixable" without heavy equipment so I get
to look forward to hours of work trying to make it through without getting thrashed. I do like
rocks though.

Marty

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 02:42:27 GMT, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> >> No video. We just wanted to ride which is why there are so few pictures. Luckily Mike flated
> >> right at the top of the Karpiel waterfall/Dog Bone area and we had some time to play.
> >
> >What, no yestubes?
>
> He was using some cheap knock-ofs of Yestuubes. Probably made in Taiwan by child labor.

Probably why he "flated" instead of flatted ;-)

Bill "take away a t and add a u" S.