EPO and Cutoff Point

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Churchill, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the Tour de
    France ?!

    Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their EPO is
    just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.

    Comments welcome -:)

    Tags:

  2. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the Tour de
    > France ?!
    >
    > Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their EPO is
    > just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.
    >
    > Comments welcome -:)

    My comment is that you obviously don't know how testing for exogenous EPO is
    performed.

    Andy Coggan

  3. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:44:02 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the Tour de
    >France ?!
    >
    >Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their EPO is
    >just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.
    >
    >Comments welcome -:)

    Go for it. The other riders will appreciate your withdrawal from
    competition.

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Surrealism is a pectinated ranzel.

  4. Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:
    > What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the Tour de
    > France ?!

    > Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their EPO is
    > just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.

    You are confusing EPO, a chemical, and hematocrit, a measure
    of red blood cell concentration. There are both an EPO test and
    a hematocrit cut-off point, 50% for men. If you want more
    information, search the groups.google.com archives.

    Please stop crossposting all of your questions between r.b.misc,
    racing, and tech. Choose the most appropriate newsgroup and
    post there.

  5. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> writes:

    > "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the
    >> Tour de France ?!
    >>
    >> Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their
    >> EPO is just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.
    >>
    >> Comments welcome -:)

    > My comment is that you obviously don't know how testing for
    > exogenous EPO is performed.

    Well, keep in mind that Churchill seems to be a troll. But you are
    right, there are methods for testing for a high likelihood of EPO
    doping, although that does not appear to be foolproof. And Churchill
    does not seem to know this, even though it's been quite publicized.

  6. VCopelan

    VCopelan Guest

    >"Churchill" [email protected] Writes:

    >What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the Tour de
    >France ?!
    >
    >Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their EPO is
    >just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.

    You are about 5 years too late. You will need to invent a time machine to take
    you back before testing was designed for exogenous EPO. FYI I've included the
    link below.

    http://www.dpcweb.com/documents/news&views/winter01/sydney2000.htm

  7. Bill Lloyd

    Bill Lloyd Guest

    On 2004-07-03 06:16:26 -0700, "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> said:

    > "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> What is the percentage cut-off point for being booted out of the Tour de
    >> France ?!
    >>
    >> Presumably, with the aid of a physician a rider could ensure their EPO is
    >> just under the cut-off point and take advantage of doping.
    >>
    >> Comments welcome -:)

    > My comment is that you obviously don't know how testing for exogenous EPO is
    > performed.

    Well, it didn't catch Millar did it? He tested clean repeatedly, but
    admitted he was taking it.

    So the tests haven't caught up with what they're using, for now at least.