EPO is the ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kurgan Gringion

From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/msr03/?id=results

<beginning of story snipped>

As the 3.3 km climb of the Poggio commenced, Cipo looked great, pedaling up just behind the massed
red jerseys of the Saeco team. The record for the Poggio climb is 5'22" by Giorgio Furlan in 1994,
and last year, Bettini topped the hill in 6'15" and was then caught on the descent in San Remo.
Early on, Saeco's Alexander Shefer took of with Di Luca on his wheel. It was a daring early attack
by the dynamic young star Di Luca, who crashed just before the Poggio last year, but his pace began
to slow after gaining over 10". Bettini and Paolini waited to made their move on the false flat
after the Sanctuary of Madonna della Guardia, where other winners like Saronni, Fondriest and Furlan
had gone before.

Only Celestino could follow when they pounced and the trio rapidly caught Di Luca. "It was too bad
for me (on the Poggio) since I had a strong headwind all the way up", Di Luca told Cyclingnews.
"When I was caught, I simply had nothing left to stay. But I feel good for the team and good for
Celestino," explained the simpatico rider from Spoltore.

Over the top of the Poggio, the front four had clocked a time of 6'13, just 2" ahead of last
year's pace.

<snip><end>

Giorgio Furlan, a one year wonder from the Golden Age of EPO . . .

(cough, cough, cough)

. . . excuse me, the Golden Age of Italian Domination of Cycling, rode a 5:22 and now the best a 49%
Bettini can muster is 6:13?

EPO, as we all know, is *the *****.

After I finish my 12 week cycle of EPO (or Aranesp, take your pick), my hematocrit should be 65 and
I'd almost be a lock for the MASTERS STARS'N'STRIPES! jersey except for the other Old Fatties whom
are also on EPO.

Life is a *****. I can never seem to get ahead.

K. Gringioni rbr masters national champion

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>As the 3.3 km climb of the Poggio commenced, Cipo looked great, pedaling up just behind the massed
>red jerseys of the Saeco team. The record for the Poggio climb is 5'22" by Giorgio Furlan in 1994,
>and last year, Bettini topped the hill in 6'15" and was then caught on the descent in San Remo.
>Early on, Saeco's Alexander Shefer took of with Di Luca on his wheel. It was a daring early attack
>by the dynamic young star Di Luca, who crashed just before the Poggio last year, but his pace began
>to slow after gaining over 10". Bettini and Paolini waited to made their move on the false flat
>after the Sanctuary of Madonna della Guardia, where other winners like Saronni, Fondriest and
>Furlan had gone before.
>
>Only Celestino could follow when they pounced and the trio rapidly caught Di Luca. "It was too bad
>for me (on the Poggio) since I had a strong headwind all the way up", Di Luca told Cyclingnews.
>"When I was caught, I simply had nothing left to stay. But I feel good for the team and good for
>Celestino," explained the simpatico rider from Spoltore.
>
>Over the top of the Poggio, the front four had clocked a time of 6'13, just 2" ahead of last
>year's pace.

If you mean that Furlan was on EPO, that is notorious. In fact he was one of those Misters 60% ...

I'm curious how you know Bettini is at 49%, or was that tongue-in-cheek? I have been interested in seeing results of those pre-event tests, after which everybody is declared "fit to ride." Are these published?

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
>
> . . . excuse me, the Golden Age of Italian Domination of Cycling, rode a 5:22 and now the best a
> 49% Bettini can muster is 6:13?

I guess you missed the part where DiLuca said that there was a strong headwind all the way up. But
you certainly have never let anything like reality effect the way you act before.

Rumour goes that Al Jazheera has the rights on this...

"easyrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm curious how you know Bettini is at 49%, or was that tongue-in-cheek? I have been interested in
> seeing results of those pre-event tests, after which everybody is declared "fit to ride." Are
> these published?
>
>
>
> --
> http://www.fantasybikerace.com/Click here to visit FantasyBikeRace.com
>
> FantasyBikeRace is now a FREE site!
>
> Next Event: Tour of Flander, April 6th
>
>