Epovar

FrankBattle

May 9, 2005
Anyone ever try epovar? Just looking for anecdotal or scientific reviews. I did try it late this past summer. I don't race, but it's not clear if that's what improved my riding or if it was my training in general. While I don't race, I do enjoy a spirited spin and personal goals. Sans epovar, I was able to eclipse the 5-hour century on rolling terrain. I don't think epovar purports to give you wings, but it helps with endurance, when taken properly.

It is a supplement, afterall. And we all know its benefits even if it's in the context of recent "doping" news.

(please, I'm no troll. If you don't have any input, I'd rather you not respond. Not interested in starting a pissing contest or a "epo doping is bad" thread - Thanks in advance)

I started using it about three months ago. I was training hard and hit a wall. No matter what I did, I could not improve my times, speed, or watts. I saw an advertisment for it in a cycling magazine and figured, "What the Hey." So I went out a bought a bottle. Well, although it doesn't give you wings (like you mentioned) it did help me improve my indurance/training times and speed. I'm not sure of the legality of the substance in racing-I don't race, but as a supliment, it works (for me, at least). I like using it, along with my other supliments. It has proven useful for me.

Mark

Thanks for the response. I'm off it now as I'm not riding much outdoors with all the snow out. Can't wait to see how it improves (or not) my early season endurance. As for being legal, anything in moderation. I'm sure many try pills but are too ashamed(?) to talk about it. One thing's for sure: you and I can't be the only people with such curiousity.

It was expensive though :eek:

I spent $78.00 for a three month supply. A bit expensive, but the way I see it, I could spend my money on things a lot less useful. At least this helps with my cycling. I also use other supliments and vitamins for cycling.

I still ride in the winter weather. I live in Denver, Colorado. Where are you from? It can't be that cold!

I cross train (not cyclocross) when there's snow on the ground. Thing is, there is snow on the ground now. Rather than fight with cars for the little(r) bit of road that's driveable AND then have to worry about washing the snow off the bike when I'm done with the ride AND worrying about frozen extremities, I just train indoors. It worked last year.

By the way, the high today is about 20 degrees in upstate ny. I'm not riding in that. I'll go down to 38 degrees, but no lower. I paid about ~$90 for the 3-month supply (or maybe that was the total bill, with the other purchase .. I forget, but I remember the bill was $90). You are right though, I can think of worse things to spend money on.