Equador earthquake

Discussion in 'Tell us what you think!' started by flaviocsanches, Apr 25, 2016.

1. flaviocsanches

flaviocsanches New Member

It happens always as a surprise, but we should not underestimate the power of nature. I can only pray and hope the population of Equador can deal with this terrible thing and that the recover as fast as possible. Is someone here have family or friends there, I leave here my support.

Tags:

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity New Member

There is no technology yet that could forecast an earthquake a day before like what we always do
    In forecasting hurricanes and typhoon. We could only predict earthquakes based on the behavior of crust hundred years ago and the location of the place if it is included in the Pacific Ring of Fire or not.
    It is really scary when an earthquake strikes. I hope that we could address this problem or at least invent some device that could predict earthquakes at least a few hours before an earthquake strikes.

3. treecko142

treecko142 Member

Yeah, sadly, there is still no instrument that can predict earthquakes, due to its nature and how we need the date and time, location, and magnitude for the prediction to be useful.