Equalizing Suspension

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ben Wilson, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ben Wilson

    Ben Wilson Guest

    If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on the
    front, would that work?

    Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of travel front and back, or if
    need be put more travel on the front than the back?

    thanks

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on
    > the front, would that work?
    >
    > Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of
    travel
    > front and back, or if need be put more travel on the front than the back?
    >

    > thanks

    It would work but, yes, it is better to balance the front and rear travel.
    IMO. Back to thinking about the Army? You could always get the Super Monster for it. ;^)

    Mike - Eight and eight is good for me.

  3. David

    David Guest

    What has 13"?

    David

    "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on
    > the front, would that work?
    >
    > Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of
    travel
    > front and back, or if need be put more travel on the front than the back?
    >

    > thanks

  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    BEN WILSON wrote:
    > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on
    > the front, would that work?

    I thought motorcycles came with front forks?

    Greg

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  5. Austin Bike

    Austin Bike Guest

    Boy, you set yourself up for that one ;)

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > What has 13"?
    >
    > David
    >
    > "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver
    DC
    > > with 8" of travel on the front, would that work?
    > >
    > > Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of
    > travel
    > > front and back, or if need be put more travel on the front than the
    back?

    > > thanks

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > BEN WILSON wrote:
    > > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver
    DC
    > > with 8" of travel on the front, would that work?
    > >

    > I thought motorcycles came with front forks?
    >
    > Greg

    No bicycles that look like motorcycles usually require some assembly.

    Mike - Now how the hell does 'tab A' go into 'slot B'?

  7. David

    David Guest

    Which bike has a set-up of 13" of travel for the rear tire.

    David - now wording sentences with travel, very carefully...

    "Austin Bike" <[email protected]where.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Boy, you set yourself up for that one ;)
    >

    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > What has 13"?
    > >
    > > David
    > >
    > > "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz
    shiver
    > DC
    > > > with 8" of travel on the front, would that work?
    > > >
    > > > Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of
    > > travel
    > > > front and back, or if need be put more travel on the front than the
    > back?
    > > >

    > > > thanks

  8. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest