Equalizing Suspension

Ben Wilson

Guest
If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on the
front, would that work?

Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of travel front and back, or if
need be put more travel on the front than the back?

thanks

"BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on
> the front, would that work?
>
> Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of
travel
> front and back, or if need be put more travel on the front than the back?
>

> thanks

It would work but, yes, it is better to balance the front and rear travel.
IMO. Back to thinking about the Army? You could always get the Super Monster for it. ;^)

Mike - Eight and eight is good for me.

What has 13"?

David

BEN WILSON wrote:
> If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver DC with 8" of travel on
> the front, would that work?

I thought motorcycles came with front forks?

Greg

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

Boy, you set yourself up for that one ;)

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What has 13"?
>
> David
>
> "BEN WILSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver
DC
> > with 8" of travel on the front, would that work?
> >
> > Cause I was thinking maybe you would have to match the same amount of
> travel
> > front and back, or if need be put more travel on the front than the
back?

> > thanks

> BEN WILSON wrote:
> > If I were to buy a bike with 13" of rear travel, if I put a Marz shiver
DC
> > with 8" of travel on the front, would that work?
> >

> I thought motorcycles came with front forks?
>
> Greg

No bicycles that look like motorcycles usually require some assembly.

Mike - Now how the hell does 'tab A' go into 'slot B'?

Which bike has a set-up of 13" of travel for the rear tire.

David - now wording sentences with travel, very carefully...

news:[email protected]...