Equivalent to Giant Rincon or Yukon?

Tora318

Mar 20, 2008
Hi, Im looking to replace the bike a have at the moment (Malvern Star Torsion [with Zoom 329 Escape forks]), with a Giant. Based on the amount of money i have, i have decided that if i do indeed get a Giant, it would be either a Rincon or a Yukon. Im wondering if there's any other bike, from any other company, thats as good as the Rincon or the Yukon (preferably like the Yukon), that is cheaper. Ultimately, the two things that influenced my decision to go largely for the Yukon, is that it has "Rockshox Dart 2" Forks, and "Shimano M415 mechanical disc w/6" centre-lock rotors"(yes, not hydraulic, but they'e better than V-Brakes). If you know any bikes with close to the same forks and brakes, and of course with fairly decent other features, for less than $700 AUD, please let me know.

(Edited typo on the word "Shimano")

Have a look at these brands if they're available to you, they all have models with similar specs to what you want: Trek, Specialized, Avanti, Gary Fisher, Diamondback, Norco, Kona, Merida, ect.

cobba said:
Have a look at these brands if they're available to you, they all have models with similar specs to what you want: Trek, Specialized, Avanti, Gary Fisher, Diamondback, Norco, Kona, Merida, ect.
I'll go for Yukon